Joe Burrow- Athens, OSU, LSU, WHO DEY!

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Re: The Joey Burrow Thread (former SEOPS Player of the Year)

Post by Raider6309 »

vladimir wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:09 am ^Burrows is doing what he has to do to get noticed by the NFL. I don't blame him a one bit! I'm following LSU just as much as I'm following OSU. Anyone know where I can buy an LSU Burrows jersey? I'll wear it with my OSU hat next week down in Arlington, TX vs. TCU.
It just sucks both Haskins and Burrow sat behind god awful JT Barrett.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Raider6309 wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:24 pm
vladimir wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:09 am ^Burrows is doing what he has to do to get noticed by the NFL. I don't blame him a one bit! I'm following LSU just as much as I'm following OSU. Anyone know where I can buy an LSU Burrows jersey? I'll wear it with my OSU hat next week down in Arlington, TX vs. TCU.
That is true

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:33 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:24 pm
That is true
Yeah I hear ya, no disrespect to JT Barrett, but I'm glad he's gone.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Joe will have to play better next week if they want any chance of beating Auburn. Tonight he was holding onto the ball too long and looked indecisive. He also has got to learn to avoid them hits while running if he wants to last the whole year.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

cbolt wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:33 am Joe will have to play better next week if they want any chance of beating Auburn. Tonight he was holding onto the ball too long and looked indecisive. He also has got to learn to avoid them hits while running if he wants to last the whole year.
ANTI-SLIDING

Despite taking big hits on scrambles, Burrow dismissed the idea of sliding to avoid contact -- something Orgeron wants his QB to consider.

"Nah, I'm not going to slide. I'm not a slider," Burrow said. "I told (offensive coordinator Steve) Ensminger and all my teammates that I'm not a slider and I don't think that they believed me. I don't think quarterbacks should really slide."

:shock:

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Burrow is not going to put up Haskins-esque numbers. He is a game manager who can be effective in the passing game when need be. Orgeron is not going to turn LSU into an air raid offense. Celebrate Joe's opportunity and success within the system that LSU has.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:14 am ANTI-SLIDING

Despite taking big hits on scrambles, Burrow dismissed the idea of sliding to avoid contact -- something Orgeron wants his QB to consider.

"Nah, I'm not going to slide. I'm not a slider," Burrow said. "I told (offensive coordinator Steve) Ensminger and all my teammates that I'm not a slider and I don't think that they believed me. I don't think quarterbacks should really slide."

What do you expect, he’s from The Plains :lol:

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

What's his numbers so far?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Omega wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:48 am Burrow is not going to put up Haskins-esque numbers. He is a game manager who can be effective in the passing game when need be. Orgeron is not going to turn LSU into an air raid offense. Celebrate Joe's opportunity and success within the system that LSU has.
I think he will be able to at some point. I watched some highlights and talked to a couple people who watched the game. He wasn't getting very good blocking.
Haski s isn't going to put those numbers up every week either. OSU has played 2 terrible teams. Granted, this was a bad team LSU played this week, but you gotta hold those blocks to get down Field shots.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

His blocking has not been very good his first two games. If given time he can be very accurate with his throws. I hope not but Im afraid hes going to have even less time from here on out, as hes going to be facing a lot of better teams. I don't think that LSUs offense is near as good as there defense.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:14 am
cbolt wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:33 am Joe will have to play better next week if they want any chance of beating Auburn. Tonight he was holding onto the ball too long and looked indecisive. He also has got to learn to avoid them hits while running if he wants to last the whole year.
ANTI-SLIDING

That might work with the Alexander's and N-Y'S of the world but against the Bammers and Auburns he will be in the infirmary eventually.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

cbolt wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:17 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:14 am
ANTI-SLIDING

That might work with the Alexander's and N-Y'S of the world but against the Bammers and Auburns he will be in the infirmary eventually.
I'll say it again>>>>> :shock: Pretty much thinking of a stretcher pretty soon myself.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Raider6309 wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:32 am
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:14 am ANTI-SLIDING

What do you expect, he’s from The Plains :lol:
Yeah, I will "LOL" along with you on that too, but would hate to see him get hurt. He's good and want to see him play all year and next. Head hunters at that level love brave QB's. :shock:

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Tough game this week. Both teams look loaded on defense

LMH
Waterboy

Post by LMH »

LSU has a really bad line. I'm not sure he will ever get time to get set and put up big numbers because of that. Hopefully they improve up front to give him more time.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

LMH wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:26 pm LSU has a really bad line. I'm not sure he will ever get time to get set and put up big numbers because of that. Hopefully they improve up front to give him more time.
I agree with everything that you said. Im afraid Auburn will really expose there offensive line when they meet.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

VetteMan wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:29 am
LMH wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:26 pm LSU has a really bad line. I'm not sure he will ever get time to get set and put up big numbers because of that. Hopefully they improve up front to give him more time.
I agree with everything that you said. Im afraid Auburn will really expose there offensive line when they meet.
They get one linemen back this week but that may not be enough. I think the only way he will be able to be effective is to get the ball out quick. If Auburn sits on those quick routes it may be a long night for LSU.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

LSU jumps out to early 7-0 lead.

Auburn qb Stidham threw a bad pass which was easily picked off 34 yds later..TD run from the 1

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

After 1 7-0 the fighting Jeaux Burreauxs of LSU

penalties have the bayou bengals or would be 14-0. Auburn seems frazzled. LSU ran 24 plays to Auburns 13.

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

A field goal early in 2nd...LSU 10-0. Many penalties on both sides. For now it appears LSU has the edge on the lines.

Return to “Football”