Wheelersburg 33 Jackson 14

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: WK 5: Jackson (3-1) @ Wheelersburg (3-1)

Post by wobycat »

allamericanironman wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:48 pm
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:24 pm
allamericanironman wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:17 pm The best one we played wellston senior year at wellston I had the boys mom come up to coach blankenship after the game and complained how I ruffed him up and was mean to him. He was 6 4 320 and athletic.
I think you are mistaking the reason for these forums. They aren’t to boast of your fantasy land heroics. They are to discuss high school sports. And this forum is strictly for football not fantasy football. You may want to join ESPN for that not SEOPS. I see how that’s confusing with the E, S’s and P. Then, there are these things called threads. You know like this one. To give your opinion, whether it’s worth much or not, on that topic.
Don’t be surprised.
Bud this is all I got I’m on here because someone called us out saying we were not players. I rooted for burg all last year and will this year. But you never beat us until now last 6 ? Years and it’s going to stop soon. I know what I am talking about I have seen your underclassmen. To say your gonna win the next four is a laughing thought.
If you are basing your predictions on 7th grade football, then you’re going to be highly disappointed in the future. Burg has pretty much had it handed to them by Jackson’s junior high team for several years, except maybe the the thrashing that burg gave Jackson this year in 8th.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

allamericanironman wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:28 pm
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:57 pm

Jackson will be on the schedule. You think Burg will run away if they think you’ll win? You’re smoking the good stuff. Burg will handle Jackson easily and will for the foreseeable future. End of discussion.

4 years ago Jackson had a good football team. Burg did too. They both made respectable runs in the playoffs. To say Burg has had a good team the past 3 years is an understatement. They drummed Jackson the 2 years previous to that when the series started.
Are you disputing the fact that you never won a scrimmage in the 90s guess what our dream team you know the savages that pilliaged your booty All have kids now playing and if they lose a game ever I will be stunned. We all know what you are losing and what we are gaining.
Whatever this dude is smoking, it must be some pretty good stuff! lol :mrgreen:

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

As no expert and not seeing burg play this year. I gotta believe they have enough to beat jackson.

burg 40
jackson 15

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

vladimir wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:19 pm
allamericanironman wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:28 pm
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:57 pm

Jackson will be on the schedule. You think Burg will run away if they think you’ll win? You’re smoking the good stuff. Burg will handle Jackson easily and will for the foreseeable future. End of discussion.

4 years ago Jackson had a good football team. Burg did too. They both made respectable runs in the playoffs. To say Burg has had a good team the past 3 years is an understatement. They drummed Jackson the 2 years previous to that when the series started.
Are you disputing the fact that you never won a scrimmage in the 90s guess what our dream team you know the savages that pilliaged your booty All have kids now playing and if they lose a game ever I will be stunned. We all know what you are losing and what we are gaining.
Whatever this dude is smoking, it must be some pretty good stuff! lol :mrgreen:
Since you brought it up does burg drug test.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:23 pm As no expert and not seeing burg play this year. I gotta believe they have enough to beat jackson.

burg 40
jackson 15

I also have seen burg this year and they have the players to beat Jackson pretty handily

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
allamericanironman
All Conference

I would give anything to go back to those days. I’m no different than you all we have elite programs. We all bleed our respective colors. Most importantly we are all located in the same armpit of the state and wouldn’t trade it for anything. If we are not playing I am your fan too. Hope we all stay healthy for the duration. I am educated just trying to push some bottons.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

allamericanironman wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:46 pm I would give anything to go back to those days. I’m no different than you all we have elite programs. We all bleed our respective colors. Most importantly we are all located in the same armpit of the state and wouldn’t trade it for anything. If we are not playing I am your fan too. Hope we all stay healthy for the duration. I am educated just trying to push some bottons.
We all in these neck of the woods and all love to push each others buttons lol.

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
allamericanironman
All Conference

:D
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:08 pm
allamericanironman wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:46 pm I would give anything to go back to those days. I’m no different than you all we have elite programs. We all bleed our respective colors. Most importantly we are all located in the same armpit of the state and wouldn’t trade it for anything. If we are not playing I am your fan too. Hope we all stay healthy for the duration. I am educated just trying to push some bottons.
We all in these neck of the woods and all love to push each others buttons lol.
All smiles my brother!

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Burg yuge

allamericanironman
All Conference

Kicker. wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:39 pm
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:23 pm As no expert and not seeing burg play this year. I gotta believe they have enough to beat jackson.

burg 40
jackson 15

I also have seen burg this year and they have the players to beat Jackson pretty handily
Kickers don’t have opinions. Stop it you not even part of the team.

Burgfan/grad85
Freshman Team

Post by Burgfan/grad85 »

allamericanironman wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:09 pm No that was the shut out year 28-0
First home shutout in history by my fighting ironmen
It was 27 to 0 in 2014 at Burg

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

how many pages this thread gonna create this next week ??? I do want to make a point that This should be a friendly rivalry. The communities have a lot of connections to one another and should be respected.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

I would still like to to Burg run Mathews more out of the I. He has great speed and if gets past the LB’s he is gone. Burg RB’s have fumbled way to much this year.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Jackson the last 2 weeks has started out very slow and even week 1 they were very sloppy to begin things and even found themselves down to Wellston to start. It took a 17 play 99 yard drive to pull it off against Gallia, WB quarterback looked like he was playing against Jackson's 7th grade team. Burg has taken on better opponents so far this year and I believe that will help them in this game as they take this one by 2-3 scores. If Jackson starts out slow it gets bad real fast and will totally throw Jackson out of their game plan.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

greygoose wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:25 am Jackson the last 2 weeks has started out very slow and even week 1 they were very sloppy to begin things and even found themselves down to Wellston to start. It took a 17 play 99 yard drive to pull it off against Gallia, WB quarterback looked like he was playing against Jackson's 7th grade team. Burg has taken on better opponents so far this year and I believe that will help them in this game as they take this one by 2-3 scores. If Jackson starts out slow it gets bad real fast and will totally throw Jackson out of their game plan.
I can agree with everything you say except one thing. Jackson’s 7 grade would have dominated Western Brown. Right allamericanironman?

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Jackson definitely doesn’t want to get down early. Burg will pin their ears back and things will get all bad after that. They will have to throw the ball, unlike recent years, to keep this defense from jumping gaps.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:48 am
greygoose wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:25 am Jackson the last 2 weeks has started out very slow and even week 1 they were very sloppy to begin things and even found themselves down to Wellston to start. It took a 17 play 99 yard drive to pull it off against Gallia, WB quarterback looked like he was playing against Jackson's 7th grade team. Burg has taken on better opponents so far this year and I believe that will help them in this game as they take this one by 2-3 scores. If Jackson starts out slow it gets bad real fast and will totally throw Jackson out of their game plan.
I can agree with everything you say except one thing. Jackson’s 7 grade would have dominated Western Brown. Right allamericanironman?
It’s easy to be good when you blitz 7 to 8 kids every play and toss sweep to the biggest kid on the field. That’s probably his kid. He’s going to be disappointed come the varsity years.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

wobycat wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:59 am
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:48 am
It’s easy to be good when you blitz 7 to 8 kids every play and toss sweep to the biggest kid on the field. That’s probably his kid. He’s going to be disappointed come the varsity years.
Yea. That doesn’t translate well to the Varsity level. Obviously since this has been going on for what? 20 years or so? They are predictable on offense and easily dooped on defense.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Just not seeing a much different outcome here than what has been the case excepting for one year. We will score relatively easily and often I think, the Jackson and Western Brown thread said the WB QB was responsible for 5-6 TD's passing and running, may be deja vu all over again this week.

We know what they will do and they aren't gonna be able to stop what we want to do. I will go with 49-14, 1 successful onside kick, and 1 successful fake punt.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

No doubt the Ironmens back are up against the wall. But I will be quick to point the Ironmen has loads of talents the same as burg. If the Ironmen can or would come out from the start of opening kickoff firing on all cylinders they can cause some problems. Add a possibility tha burg come out over confident, flat , then folks we may see a barnburner inside the ed. either or. It’s great competition, and two of most historic programs in SEO suiting up to do battle. This is the only week I do not root for tha burg. And goodness do the Ironmen need to come out completely different than they have the last two weeks. Come out like against GA WB. Tha burg gonna make us pay dearly.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion

Return to “Football”