Wheelersburg 33 Jackson 14

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: WK 5: Jackson (3-1) @ Wheelersburg (3-1)

Post by wobycat »

Burg coaches will prepare for this to be a battle. Burg fans will predict blow out. It’s what fans do. Jackson will pose a problem for the Pirates because we are athletic defensively but strong running teams have shown they can move the ball against us. Burg will have to be very strong in the box to make sure The iron men don’t come in and upset the pirates

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Abe Froman wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:46 am Just not seeing a much different outcome here than what has been the case excepting for one year. We will score relatively easily and often I think, the Jackson and Western Brown thread said the WB QB was responsible for 5-6 TD's passing and running, may be deja vu all over again this week.

We know what they will do and they aren't gonna be able to stop what we want to do. I will go with 49-14, 1 successful onside kick, and 1 successful fake punt.
Sadly I can’t argue e any of those points Mr. Froman

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

wobycat wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:28 am Burg coaches will prepare for this to be a battle. Burg fans will predict blow out. It’s what fans do. Jackson will pose a problem for the Pirates because we are athletic defensively but strong running teams have shown they can move the ball against us. Burg will have to be very strong in the box to make sure The iron men don’t come in and upset the pirates
Good post

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

wobycat wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:28 am Burg coaches will prepare for this to be a battle. Burg fans will predict blow out. It’s what fans do. Jackson will pose a problem for the Pirates because we are athletic defensively but strong running teams have shown they can move the ball against us. Burg will have to be very strong in the box to make sure The iron men don’t come in and upset the pirates
Good post.

I can’t say that I’m convinced we are a strong running team. We aren’t consistently great with it. IMO there has to be some deception, be it a man in motion, T formation or some occasional screens/keepers. We don’t have a big and powerful line and talented running backs, we have a good young line that is improving each week and continuing to learn their positions and a bunch of Jackson speed backs that won’t shy away from hitting and are tough but they need to be going downhill to do their thing. Spires has been impressive but when Gallia knew he was getting the ball...there wasn’t much he could do. He needed Haller, Parks and Ice being factors on “who might be getting the ball”....he kinda opened it up for others too.

I’m gonna throw some baseball into this. Ironmen offense is the pitcher that has a good useable fastball but needs to use timely offspeed stuff to keep the fastball more effective. I think this week we are facing a really good fastball hitting team. The first down play like first pitch of the AB....better get ahead and do it with different pitches. I could go on and on with this but feel like I’m irritating poo bear and I want my friend to be happy.

Do things really well boys. Make Friday fun

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

I know this is a cliche but imo the only way Jackson keeps this close is to Pound between the tackles and keep clock moving and limit burgs possessions. Same we tried last year but last year no one could run on Burg. This year even though Jackson’s line is not a good as 2017 neither is burgs def line. I would say run the ball and control the clock. But even that is a long shot.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

allamericanironman wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:04 pm
Kicker. wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:39 pm
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:23 pm As no expert and not seeing burg play this year. I gotta believe they have enough to beat jackson.

burg 40
jackson 15

I also have seen burg this year and they have the players to beat Jackson pretty handily
Kickers don’t have opinions. Stop it you not even part of the team.
You're right! That's why I still posted it!

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Even though the Burgs. defense may not be as good as last years State Champs, and from what Ive been told about WB's QB, to try to compare WB's defense to the Burgs defense would be quite a mistake.

Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

After the Bishop Hartley game, time will tell about Burg’s Defense in comparison to last years team. What I do know, is Burg’s Defense has given up 0 points in the last 2 games, whereas Bishop Hartley has scored 98 in the last 2 games. I expect another strong Burg defensive performance Friday. Go Burg!

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

I have a question for burg nation. Tanner Holden: is he a basketball player who also plays football or vice versa?

I'm asking because I think he would an asset on the UK football team. I can see him playing there.

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

OHHS old timer wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:10 pm I have a question for burg nation. Tanner Holden: is he a basketball player who also plays football or vice versa?

I'm asking because I think he would an asset on the UK football team. I can see him playing there.
BTW...burg wins by two scores. Sorry ironman92.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

OHHS old timer wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:10 pm I have a question for burg nation. Tanner Holden: is he a basketball player who also plays football or vice versa?

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/sports/h ... 48173.html

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/sports/h ... 68e70.html

I've heard he's picked Marshall, so that tells you all you need to know on that one.
Last edited by greygoose on Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Everyone in burg would love for him to play college football. Personally I think he’d be very good at that level but I believe he’s always wanted to play basketball

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Jackson possible win here. They were looking ahead last week and it bit them. I say Ironmen in the upset of southern OHIO so far this year. The Halls will come home to pull off the big one in ED Miller Stadium. Jackson 24 Wheelersburg 18

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Prime Time wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:59 pm Jackson possible win here. They were looking ahead last week and it bit them. I say Ironmen in the upset of southern OHIO so far this year. The Halls will come home to pull off the big one in ED Miller Stadium. Jackson 24 Wheelersburg 18
Not buying all of that. Maybe defense looked past (I don’t think they did) but offense has had a lot of penalties and punts and that isn’t looking ahead.

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

greygoose wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:24 pm

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/sports/h ... 48173.html

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/sports/h ... 68e70.html

I've heard he's picked Marshall, so that tells you all you need to know on that one.
Thank you grey goose!! Both were excellent articles. He talked about education...LOVE that!! I wish nothing but the best. Still...he'd look good with 30 more lbs and playing football...I'm thinking Al Toon.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Anything can happen on any given nite. Halls know Wheelersburg as good as anyone.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Prime Time wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:35 pm Anything can happen on any given nite. Halls know Wheelersburg as good as anyone.
I respect your respect. Burg big favorite Friday though

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Hate Apple Festival Week....bleh

Looks like 80+ temperature at kickoff this Friday

Burgfan/grad85
Freshman Team

Post by Burgfan/grad85 »

BURG by 2 to 3 scores unless the turnovers come I to play but got a feeling they will be working hard this week on those fumbles! 4 turnovers against Hartley and 4 against Watterson hopefully those fumbles are left in Columbus!

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Wheelersburg has had Jackson's number the last few years. I believe the Pirates are 1-5 against the Ironmen since the series was renewed, with the lone win for Jackson coming in 2014. I wasn't able to make it to that game because I was out of town in Washington, DC. Well, I will once again be in Washington DC this weekend. Hopefully this is a good sign. lol

Anyway, Jackson hasn't really put it all together this season. Last week's loss is still shocking to me. I knew that WB had a great QB, but I just never expected Jackson to spot them 27 points. For the Ironmen to have any chance this week, they'll have to play four great quarters of football, which is something they haven't done yet. Get the running game going, control the clock as much as possible, and win the turnover battle. Gonna be a tough task, but as mentioned above, anything can happen. That's why they play the games.

Good luck to the Ironmen.

Return to “Football”