WEEK 4 -- TULANE GREEN WAVE @ OHIO STATE BUCKEYES !!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

WEEK 4 -- TULANE GREEN WAVE @ OHIO STATE BUCKEYES !!!

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

THE BUCKEYES PULLED OUT A BIG WIN OVER TCU, AND RYAN DAY HAS LEFT URBAN WITH A LOT TO THINK ABOUT. AND HAS SET A VERY HIGH BAR. WE CAN'T HAVE A HANGOVER WITH TULANE AFTER A BIG WIN OVER THE FROGS, URBAN IS BACK. AND I HOPE THINGS CONTINUE TO BE RAN JUST THE WAY THEY ARE BEING RAN NOW. SOME FOOD FOR THOUGHT, OHIO STATE NEEDS TO HAVE A TELETHON THE REMAINDER OF THE SEASON TO KEEP RYAN DAY, BECAUSE HE'S ABOUT TO GET PAID. THAT CAT IS AS COOL AS THE OTHER SIDE OF THE PILLOW IN AUGUST. AND WE MAY NOT BE ABLE TO AFFORD TO KEEP HIM.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Re: WEEK 4 -- TULANE GREEN WAVE @ OHIO STATE BUCKEYES !!!

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

buckeyes 58-0

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

WOW WHAT A GAME. GARY PATTERSON CAN COACH.AND RYAN DAY CAN COACH. AND URBAN HAS BEEN HANDED THE REIGNS TO A TEAM THAT IS HITTING ON MOST ALL CYLINDERS.
that was a very frustrating game to watch for me, but very exciting. the officials were acc, but the frogs got by with back to back pass interference plays in the endzone. were holding all night on pass routes. joey bosa got tackled on the play where he got injured with no flag. cramps and injuries everywhere. and I had to set through Jordan skipping ground ball snaps to haskins all night. what's up with that. get the dang snap up. I centered in high school, it ain't that hard. we were never in a shotgun mind ya. but geeze o pete. that's gotta be fixed, it threw the timing off on every thing. we had quite a few weaknesses exposed on defense. poor linebacker play underneath. and getting burnt on hail Mary's. and passes underneath. they ran for way too many yards. but then again tcu ain't Oregon state. this was a big test. we failed it the 1st half. and passed in the 2nd half. our running backs are beasts. and I love haskins man. and he don't get rattled. I saw several times where he could have ran, but didn't. I just got done tellin mrs. bait, if haskins keeps on a rpo, he'd walk in the endzone. and bam he did. the frogs were lulled to sleep thinking he would not run. and at just the right time he did. and the trick play on the kick return I was screaming at the tv, I saw him lying down. I knew something was up. we load up the whole left side on a kickoff, and that was a magical call by Patterson. fortunately for us it was a forward pass. I hate it that bosa got hurt, the guy was holding him the whole time when he brought him down. with no flag. this was a marqee matchup. tcu was paid 5.5 million dollars to move this one to jerry's world from being a home game. I mean when you move the game 18 miles it's still a home game. but it still looked like there were more buck fans there.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

SOUNDS GOOD TO ME OLE BUDDY LEGEND.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

look for the defence to get a boot up them as*s

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

they need it, and our center, low snaps all night.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Yup. Simple stuff that can be cleaned up. them db's has to get their heads on thou..

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Jordan on the low snaps. They moved him to center this year. A position he has never played. As OSU has had a good run of centers going to the NFL. Learner the position is one thing. Playing at a high level in a tight game when you are tired. While trying to block quick guys is another thing. Now other teams have seen this and will try to force Jordan to make mistakes. This is not something that can just be fixed in one week of practice. Why NFL teams luv it when they find a long snapper they can count in their kicking game.

This week need to work on things for starters and backups. As well as dealing with Urban being back. Urban has an interview out now. Reporters are going to keep digging at everything he says.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

The Green Wave will surely fall to Ohio State, but the Buckeyes need to work on correcting mistakes rather than style points. Their CFP dreams depend on beating Penn State the following week in a hostile environment. They cannot depend on the Nittney Lions self destructing like TCU. Ohio State 35 Tulane 10.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

You can wave bye-bye to the Green Wave as a sea of Scarlet and Gray overpowers Tulane. Reserves get some more experience!

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

62-7 Bucks in this one.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Bucks BIG.

Get ready to see things like the low snaps, dropped passes, players out of position, etc get cleaned up.

While Ryan Day did a remarkable job over the past month, nobody on that staff has the attention to detail that Urban does.

Special teams have been great, a few things to tidy up on offense.......defensively they need to make adjustments. There are some young guys in that back 7 that get out of position, take poor angles, etc. That will come with more experience and being coached up.

There are also a few glaring black eyes defensively, especially at LB. Harrison played a very solid game vs TCU and was the only LB that was in position and making plays. The rest are either constantly out of position, too slow or cant tackle.

Just having Urban back should allow the coaching staff (Day, Schiano and Wilson) to focus on their groups instead of worrying about everything else going on.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Beware the distractions. Coming off a tough win on the road on national TV, the white hot spotlight on Urban returning, Whiteout at Penn St. next week, the Bucks need to focus on the job at hand. But....56-10 Bucks. I mean, it's Tulane!

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

I'm ready for the Penn State game already . Bucks by 48 this week.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

welcome back Coach Meyer.......lead us to the promise land

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Barber1973
Freshman Team

Post by Barber1973 »

Urban needs 2 quit doing interviews worry bout coaching not his legacy. This year will b his last.one hell of a recruiter but sometimes his x-o,s drive me nutz.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Barber1973 wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:47 pm Urban needs 2 quit doing interviews worry bout coaching not his legacy. This year will b his last.one hell of a recruiter but sometimes his x-o,s drive me nutz.
The media will not give up the story and Meyer is in a catch 22 situation -- interviews give the story a new life while refusing to answer questions makes Meyer look bad.

I too believe Meyer will be gone after the season. There is no valid reason he should resign or be fired but I sense Meyer is angry at his employer over the punishment handed down and the University powers that be want him gone as an embarrassment to the image of Ohio State.

I know this is just my opinion, and I know there is a ton of money on the table, but my gut tells me the only resolution to the situation will be a negotiated parting of ways.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

This game should be over by the end of the 1st quarter. Let's just hope the offense stays the same as Day had it running.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

BOSA out. not that it will matter much this game but darn!

Barber1973
Freshman Team

Post by Barber1973 »

Rite on omega. Thats how the press works nowadays

Return to “College Sports”