SEOP

Raceland 27 Portsmouth West 15

Post by BigBlueNation »

Thoughts. This should be a dandy.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Re: Raceland @ Portsmouth West

Post by Beergogglebluez »

West is tough. Could go either way. But this time I’m taking raceland in a close game.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
RACELAND
Waterboy

Post by RACELAND »

See if our defense can handle the rush game of West.

roll(side4
Waterboy

Post by roll(side4 »

I'm taking West in this one in a close, hard fought game! Go West!

Jolly(senator
Freshman Team

Post by Jolly(senator »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:33 pm West is tough. Could go either way. But this time I’m taking raceland in a close game.
Well we aren't playing at Raceland this year so we won't be cheated like we were last year. I'll have to take west in a close one like last year. West 14 Raceland 7

RACELAND
Waterboy

Post by RACELAND »

Jolly(senator wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:23 am
Beergogglebluez wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:33 pm West is tough. Could go either way. But this time I’m taking raceland in a close game.
Well we aren't playing at Raceland this year so we won't be cheated like we were last year. I'll have to take west in a close one like last year. West 14 Raceland 7
you are high! last time we played at west we got 14 flags

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Re: Raceland (4-1) @ Portsmouth West (4-0)

Post by FANOSPORTS »

They're playing @ the Rock so gotta go with the Siders in a close one.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

RACELAND wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:49 pm

The game last year was single handily the worst officiating I have ever seen in my life. West could have easily won by 2-3 touchdowns and the officials did everything they could to keep it close. I expect a great game this Friday.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

No doubt this should be one of the best games in the area this weekend. I think it could go either way. Whoever has the least turnovers and can control the clock on offense, I think will come away with the win.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Raceland is an excellent offensive team. 2 stud backs, good throwing mobile quarterback, and 1 excellent receiver. They will be tough to stop. West will have to score some points to win. I think Raceland will have a hard time stopping the West ground game after it wears on them awhile. Raceland isn't as big on defense as they were last year. Valley exploited the Raceland secondary. This should be a good one

I gotta agree with the other posters, of all the football games I have ever watched last year's game was the biggest homer job I have ever witnessed in person. On a neutral field, West was 2 to 3 TD's better and took a last minute drive to win.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

West by 2 scores.

RACELAND
Waterboy

Post by RACELAND »

Unlike Ohio our referees are assigned by an assigning secretary. We have no control over who we get. We had a crew from Lexington a few years ago. At West the referees walk right out of the house and onto the field. We have 4 wr that can take it to the house. Another just got eligible for this game. We aren’t as big on the defensive line as last year but we have more depth on both D and O lines. As far as the referees go we get screwed more at home than on the road. If you want a true homer job you need to schedule Paintsville ky. They don’t try to hide it up there. When there team jumps on a fumble the referee screams “OUR BALL”

RACELAND
Waterboy

Post by RACELAND »

SiderBlood wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:02 pm

The game last year was single handily the worst officiating I have ever seen in my life. West could have easily won by 2-3 touchdowns and the officials did everything they could to keep it close. I expect a great game this Friday.
You played a one dimensional Raceland team who laid a big egg in that game. Won’t happen this year

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

RACELAND wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:50 pm Unlike Ohio our referees are assigned by an assigning secretary. We have no control over who we get. We had a crew from Lexington a few years ago. At West the referees walk right out of the house and onto the field. We have 4 wr that can take it to the house. Another just got eligible for this game. We aren’t as big on the defensive line as last year but we have more depth on both D and O lines. As far as the referees go we get screwed more at home than on the road. If you want a true homer job you need to schedule Paintsville ky. They don’t try to hide it up there. When there team jumps on a fumble the referee screams “OUR BALL”
That’s kind of contradicting to say “we have no control over who we get.” And then claiming another Kentucky school does get homered lol. You do realize you are in the same state as Paintsville right? Not taking anything away from your team. They are a good ball club. But I know what I seen last year was an absolute joke of officiating. On a neautral field we win by 3 touchdowns. But got to do what you got to do to compete with Ohio football it’s ok :D. As far as this game, I can see it being a touchdown game either way. If we finish off drives without turnovers and costly penalties I think we come away with a W.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
RACELAND
Waterboy

Post by RACELAND »

They are in the mountains. Don’t know how they do it up there. Not same all over he state. They had the same set of referees for thier 5 biggest games. Everybody always talks about how bad it is to play at ironton. Playing at Ironton doesn’t hold a candle to playing at Paintsville. Don’t believe me....schedule them up there and find out.

RACELAND
Waterboy

Post by RACELAND »

We were penalized way more than valley Saturday night at home. I will give you this though. The refereeing is atrocious over here. They don’t cheat they are just consistently not good.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

RACELAND wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:28 pm They are in the mountains. Don’t know how they do it up there. Not same all over he state. They had the same set of referees for thier 5 biggest games. Everybody always talks about how bad it is to play at ironton. Playing at Ironton doesn’t hold a candle to playing at Paintsville. Don’t believe me....schedule them up there and find out.
Not trying to be a smart_ss but Paintsville is southeast of Raceland. It would be down there not up there.

RACELAND
Waterboy

Post by RACELAND »

Whatever blows your hair back.

Hylander
JV Team

Post by Hylander »

RACELAND wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:31 pm We were penalized way more than valley Saturday night at home. I will give you this though. The refereeing is atrocious over here. They don’t cheat they are just consistently not good.
I think that's everybody's point. They were really bad, and it just so happened to go in Raceland's favor.

Jolly(senator
Freshman Team

Post by Jolly(senator »

RACELAND wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:52 pm
SiderBlood wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:02 pm

You played a one dimensional Raceland team who laid a big egg in that game. Won’t happen this year
We'll see come FRIDAY NIGHT!!!!!!! @ The ROCK

Return to “Football”