Site Admin

Eastern Pike 28 Northwest 7

Post by mattash »

Thoughts?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
sportsjunky22
Waterboy

Re: Northwest (0-4) @ Eastern Pike (1-3)

Post by sportsjunky22 »

Eastern.

TheNest20
Waterboy

Post by TheNest20 »

Eastern by as many as they like

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Eastern Pike 42-13.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Eastern Pike with a running clock, Northwest still a bit young and probably at least 1-2 years away yet from competing as long as they keep those young kids involved and wanting to play.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Eastern Pike I think gets there 2nd win of the year. I'm afraid Northwest is in for another long year.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Beaver big.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:43 pm Beaver big.
:o :o :lol: :lol:

BobcatBall
Freshman Team

Post by BobcatBall »

Looking at their classes coming up a few years ago i would have taken North West by a lot. What's going on out there?? I know we kept saying "next year" but i think those kids are Sophmores and Jrs now.

Eagle4life
Waterboy

Post by Eagle4life »

I look for Eastern to win this game. If Northwest is able to pressure our freshman quarterback Wyatt Hines,it may be closer than people think. We struggled to move the ball the first 3 games. As a freshman, you have to expect some inconsistency. Hopefully our line protects well and we are able to keep the ball moving on offense. If so, we should win by 2-3 scores.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

BobcatBall wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:23 am Looking at their classes coming up a few years ago i would have taken North West by a lot. What's going on out there?? I know we kept saying "next year" but i think those kids are Sophmores and Jrs now.
They have about 15 kids that are not freshmen.

BobcatBall
Freshman Team

Post by BobcatBall »

BigBlueNation wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:06 am
BobcatBall wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:23 am Looking at their classes coming up a few years ago i would have taken North West by a lot. What's going on out there?? I know we kept saying "next year" but i think those kids are Sophmores and Jrs now.
They have about 15 kids that are not freshmen.
Ah ok. So the group i keep hearing about must all be freshmen and sophmores

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Freshman. I believe 5 of them start varsity.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Eagle4life wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:28 am I look for Eastern to win this game. If Northwest is able to pressure our freshman quarterback Wyatt Hines,it may be closer than people think. We struggled to move the ball the first 3 games. As a freshman, you have to expect some inconsistency. Hopefully our line protects well and we are able to keep the ball moving on offense. If so, we should win by 2-3 scores.
Looking at the schedule those 1st 3 weeks your opponents are a combined 10-2 right now and Linsly is a powerhouse with multiple D1 athletes on the roster. Have to think that has prepared Eastern for success in league play, at least for 1 week it look like it did. Good Luck to both teams I know Northwest is quite young and trying to find their footing but it'll come with more experience.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

NW has 20 freshman out this year, by far the largest class in recent history. The are starting some of these youngsters on Friday nights. It is difficult to take a 14/15 year old young man and compete 4 full quarters against a 17/18 year old man. Big difference, especially if the older guys have been in the weight room.

NW must be able to defend the spread passing attack and read option on a regular basis. Personally, I would bring the house from different angles to try to confuse the Eagles QB but I am not coaching.

sportsjunky22
Waterboy

Post by sportsjunky22 »

I still can't believe NW moved down to SOC I. 20 Freshman wow, that's more than ND's and Green's football team for the last 2 or 3 years. Playing youth has it's advantages and disadvantages. Best thing is they will be older next year, bad thing is they are freshman this year. Hopefully the administration is patient and hopefully they see improvement instead of W's for this year and next year.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

sportsjunky22 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:41 pm I still can't believe NW moved down to SOC I. 20 Freshman wow, that's more than ND's and Green's football team for the last 2 or 3 years. Playing youth has it's advantages and disadvantages. Best thing is they will be older next year, bad thing is they are freshman this year. Hopefully the administration is patient and hopefully they see improvement instead of W's for this year and next year.
That's more than or as many as several teams, ND, Green, Manchester, I've heard East is low numbers, Eastern Pike is low 20s, those are just some of the teams off the top of my head that they play, outside of Manchester. However, since dropping to SOC I they haven't exactly been setting the world on fire and in terms of competition level that's probably where they are. They were in SOCII for years and were basically the doormat with no shot at winning, if they build themselves into something like Oak Hill I could easily see them moving back up, until then though I don't think anyone is going to say anything. I only say this from a football standpoint I have no idea how they're doing in the other sports and if they've got an advantage over the smaller SOC I schools.

Mohawk1234
Waterboy

Post by Mohawk1234 »

greygoose wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:21 pm
sportsjunky22 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:41 pm I still can't believe NW moved down to SOC I. 20 Freshman wow, that's more than ND's and Green's football team for the last 2 or 3 years. Playing youth has it's advantages and disadvantages. Best thing is they will be older next year, bad thing is they are freshman this year. Hopefully the administration is patient and hopefully they see improvement instead of W's for this year and next year.
That's more than or as many as several teams, ND, Green, Manchester, I've heard East is low numbers, Eastern Pike is low 20s, those are just some of the teams off the top of my head that they play, outside of Manchester. However, since dropping to SOC I they haven't exactly been setting the world on fire and in terms of competition level that's probably where they are. They were in SOCII for years and were basically the doormat with no shot at winning, if they build themselves into something like Oak Hill I could easily see them moving back up, until then though I don't think anyone is going to say anything. I only say this from a football standpoint I have no idea how they're doing in the other sports and if they've got an advantage over the smaller SOC I schools.
Northwest only competes in SOC1 in football, all other sports they are SOC2

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Mohawk1234 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:36 pm
greygoose wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:21 pm
Northwest only competes in SOC1 in football, all other sports they are SOC2
Oh ok, didn't realize that, then they won't be moving up until they show they can win consistently.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Final? hope that kid is ok

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott

Return to “Football”