Gallia Academy 34 Portsmouth 7

peterpan20
Waterboy

Re: Gallia Academy (3-1,1-0) @ Portsmouth (3-1,1-0)

Post by peterpan20 »

can portsmouth throw the ball yet? gallia 28 portsmouth 7

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:56 am Official prediction. 34-33 Devils over the Trojans.

Bold prediction #1 is highly unlikely. #2 is highly probable.
I believe the score was 35-34 gallia last year. It was 1 point can’t remember lol

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Close. 36-35!

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

buckeyenation wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:39 pm Defense wins this game for Portsmouth and clock management. Gallia couldn’t stop the run with 8 or 9 in the box and if they blitz both A gaps like they been doing the edge will be set and Parker will have a field day. The only thing that I’m worried about is the passing game of Gallia. That kid can kill ya in short passing then hit a long one. I also agree they need to get Lattimore more comfortable with short passing game. The kid has the talent but no confidence.
That is how Gallia had to play run defense last year. This year have had to do that very little. They have had success this year because they actually have the speed to string plays out to sidelines.

buckeyenation
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyenation »

svac83 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:26 pm
buckeyenation wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:39 pm Defense wins this game for Portsmouth and clock management. Gallia couldn’t stop the run with 8 or 9 in the box and if they blitz both A gaps like they been doing the edge will be set and Parker will have a field day. The only thing that I’m worried about is the passing game of Gallia. That kid can kill ya in short passing then hit a long one. I also agree they need to get Lattimore more comfortable with short passing game. The kid has the talent but no confidence.
That is how Gallia had to play run defense last year. This year have had to do that very little. They have had success this year because they actually have the speed to string plays out to sidelines.
Film don’t lie bud. Anytime Parker is in the backfield they will load the box and send lb in both A gaps. They’ve did it in every game this year with any tight set

buckeyenation
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyenation »

Another thing I noticed is the tackles and ends stand straight up if that continues they will be on there backs all night. Only way Portsmouth gets beat will be Gallia passing game but I think Coach Kalb will be prepared for that.

Ema
Riding the Bench

Post by Ema »

There will be some bodies on the ground, so I guess we will see what color jersey it will be.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

I look for Gallia to win this one. It could be close through the first half, but Gallia pulls away in the second half and wins by 3+ touchdowns.

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

This game will come down to the passing game. Can Portsmouth defend the Gallia pass?? Can Portsmouth pass successfully enough to keep some of the pressure off Parker?
Portsmouth's defense is much improved, but it has yet to face a passing threat other then Valley which was able to move the ball through the air against the Trojans, however this was the first game of the season, with a new coach, and I believe we are much improved since that point.
The Trojans Oline is also much improved from years past, although I don't believe we will be able to just line up and run the ball against Gallia if we cannot keep them honest with some threat of passing.

I believe this will be a field position game, and special teams could play a very big part in. A bad punt or a big return could swing the game for either team.

Should be another great game,

Trojans 28
Blue Devils 21

buckeyenation
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyenation »

A must win for the Trojans! We are do for a return and a defensive score

StolenTalents12
Freshman Team

Post by StolenTalents12 »

I’ll take Portsmouth by 6. Whoever can get a takeaway in
The fourth wins it. Trojans have the best player in the OVC he just needs some better blocking and a little
Help.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Well if Gallia is going to have to pass the ball well to win. Then we will have to do something that we haven’t been able to effectively do all year.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

buckeyenation wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:19 pm
svac83 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:26 pm
Film don’t lie bud. Anytime Parker is in the backfield they will load the box and send lb in both A gaps. They’ve did it in every game this year with any tight set
Yea if you tell me Portsmouth or any team is going to come to line in a tight set. In a formation they predominantly run out of yea. I am going to play a run defense.

There is a big difference in between those guys blotting and those guys filling this gap and flattening our the offense.

They have actually run blitzes on less then half the plays they did during first 4 games last year.

Like I have posted this game will be very physical. I have no idea who will win. My team the blue devils are 3-1 but really still have a lot of things that need cleaned up in every facet of the game.

Portsmouth always has a athlete advantage I think that will be less this year. We will see come tommorow night.

buckeyenation
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyenation »

Gotta stop the big play from Gallia and the Trojans win if we can't stop the big play Trojans lose. Oh yea and coach Cobb will kick the extra point for ot and not go for two like last year.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Gallia wins by at least 14. Easy 💰

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

Anyone casting this game tomorrow?

GAHSdevilfan
Waterboy

Post by GAHSdevilfan »

portsmouth_98 wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:59 pm Anyone casting this game tomorrow?
onlynewcountry.com

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

After reading the Threads on all 3 of these games, I'm having a tough time deciding which game I'm going to go to. I can't go wrong whether it be Jackson - Burg, Raceland - Portsmouth West, or Gallia Academy - Portsmouth HS. Mayby I'll just flip a coin a couple times?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

VetteMan wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:55 pm After reading the Threads on all 3 of these games, I'm having a tough time deciding which game I'm going to go to. I can't go wrong whether it be Jackson - Burg, Raceland - Portsmouth West, or Gallia Academy - Portsmouth HS. Mayby I'll just flip a coin a couple times?
If I'm picking I think West and Raceland end up the best of the 3 games. Given the struggles Jackson has had last couple weeks I just don't know that they have the skilled players to stay with Burg. Gallia and Ptown could be another good game IF Ptown shows up to play against a team with a winning record. West with that defense and Raceland just coming off putting up 60 on valley I think that could be the best of the 3, then again I could be wrong. That'd be my pick though.

buckeyenation
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyenation »

Poo Bear wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:54 pm Gallia wins by at least 14. Easy 💰
Troll :geek:

Return to “Football”