Waverly 31 Nelsonville-York 14

dilligaf
S

Re: Nelsonville York (1-3) @ Waverly (4-0)

Post by dilligaf »

Nelsonville has nothing for them as far as keeping wilburn in check I believe every team so far has so wouldn't worry to much about that

Waverly by about 4 scores

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

From afar, the NY Buckeyes will take it to Waverly but fall short 32-28. Waverly appears susceptible to a ground pound offense.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Waverly will have their homecoming bonfire tonight for the kids and the community. Then Friday they will have their annual homecoming parades, one in the morning for the school district and then one in the afternoon for the community. Then the dance on Saturday night. So a busy week for the team. Homecoming week is a fun time for the boys, just is always a concern that there could be more distractions than usual come game time. But I think the coaches will have the boys focused and I'm sure the players who played in the game last year are wanting some revenge on NY after last years loss.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

Logically I feel like Waverly should win this one, but my gut says Richards and NY will pull off a win somehow. As always, wishing an injury free game for both sides.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

It's really nice seeing Waverly off to such a good start this season especially after losing so much talent and numbers to graduation. Not too many people saw this coming. It's a result of a great coaching staff that works their tails off and a bunch of kids who have put in the time in the weight room! Hard work has paid dividends.

Tomorrow night's game should be a dandy. Nelsonville is going to line up and pound the ball at us all night long. Our defense is going have to step it up. It's going to take a physical, gritty, determined effort for four quarter! Expecting to see a spirited Tiger team tomorrow night. Biggest game of the season so far. Go Tigers!!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

toast wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:53 pm It's really nice seeing Waverly off to such a good start this season especially after losing so much talent and numbers to graduation. Not too many people saw this coming. It's a result of a great coaching staff that works their tails off and a bunch of kids who have put in the time in the weight room! Hard work has paid dividends.

Tomorrow night's game should be a dandy. Nelsonville is going to line up and pound the ball at us all night long. Our defense is going have to step it up. It's going to take a physical, gritty, determined effort for four quarter! Expecting to see a spirited Tiger team tomorrow night. Biggest game of the season so far. Go Tigers!!
I agree, I will pick the Tigers to win but but its not going to be as easy as many believe. NY has scouted the Tigers and its no secret what Waverlys weakness is. NY has one of the best backs around and he will carry the ball 1,000 times (hopefully not literally, lol). They only way NY wins if by him carrying the ball.... The Tiger DEFENSE MUST STEP and play more physical and better then they have to this point. Unioto was very successful running the ball and so was Fairland. It wont get any easier with NY. The Buckeyes may be 1-3 but they have improved since the first game and will bring it.
I really don’t think they can stop the Tiger offense but if Waverly cant stop their running game it could get interesting.

STEP IT UP DEFENSE!!!!!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Waverly and big.

TomcatFaithful
Riding the Bench

Post by TomcatFaithful »

All I have to say is never count this NY team out with the coaching staff they have. Good luck NY! Bring home the upset.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Waverly 48

Nutboy's 20

Maybe next year :mrgreen:

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Game day! Looks like some bad weather coming tonight. Go Bucks!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

IT'S GAME DAY BUCKEYES!!!
Time to fire it up and turn it loose men!
The Buckeye Express is gonna roll into Waverly and show everyone that we ain't done yet!

So lace up those shoes and buckle up them chin straps!

BUCKEYE PRIDE!

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Just curious, anybody that knows anything about weather or thinks they know lol do you think this game will be able to be played tonight?

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Smurray! Do you know the status of some of the kids that have been hurt, or have not been able to play yet this year? I also know that other teams also have kids that are hurt. I was just wondering.

OldTiger
JV Team

Post by OldTiger »

NY BUCK wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:19 pm Just curious, anybody that knows anything about weather or thinks they know lol do you think this game will be able to be played tonight?
Hourly forecast shows 50% chance of rain from 5-9. There is a line of storms developing along the southern Indiana, if they make it this far remains to be seen. I think it will be fine tonight. Always a chance of any kind of weather in Ohio from one minute to the next though.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

OldTiger wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:59 pm
NY BUCK wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:19 pm Just curious, anybody that knows anything about weather or thinks they know lol do you think this game will be able to be played tonight?
Hourly forecast shows 50% chance of rain from 5-9. There is a line of storms developing along the southern Indiana, if they make it this far remains to be seen. I think it will be fine tonight. Always a chance of any kind of weather in Ohio from one minute to the next though.
Very true lol, ready for a good game hopefully. Will be my first trip to waverly stadium so hopefully the rain stays away.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Day of game in tiger town, I'll take Waverly to move to 5-0
Waverly- 41
Nelsonville York- 20
NY hangs around bc of Wilburn but tigers offense too much yet again

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
Pitstop Billy
Freshman Team

Post by Pitstop Billy »

Now that these kids have had the taste of a running clock there is no stopping them. They reach their goal again this Friday:

Buchtel Bucks 55
Waverly Wonders 13

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Hope the NY faithful that choose to make the drive over to Waverly have a good trip. Visiting Boston Field last year was a fun experience, so I hope that the you guys enjoy yourselves at our place. It looks like as others have stated, the weather could go either way. If the rain holds off, I expect another big turnout from the Tiger faithful. School spirit was at a high today as the district and community celebrated homecoming.

As far as thoughts on how this one goes, I think it could turn out to be similar to Fairland. I see NY hanging right with the Tigers in the first half but Waverly turning it on in the third, start to get separation and not look back. If I'm NY, I am probably almost hoping it does rain during the game. I think that would effect Waverly's offense much more than it would the Buckeyes.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

VetteMan, Zach Brown was cleared for non contact work out this week and should be cleared to full practice next week.
Last I heard Cobe Marquez will dress tonight but most likely not see any action.

As far as talk about the weather: Officials have been keeping an eye on it with possible plans to postpone but we are past that time frame now. Last I heard was there was a thin line in Indiana and if it does hold together and reach us it will be short lived.
BE PREPARED FOR SOME SHORT TERM BAD WEATHER - AND HOPE IT DOESNT HAPPEN.

High winds & rain will benefit NY - no doubt about it. They will run the ball and run the ball some more..... The Tigers will have to find a way to stop the run tonight. If they don’t it will be a long night.
With wind and rain Waverly’s offense may not be able to run some plays they would in good weather.....

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

According to my weather channel app the weather is looking a little better now. But it’s hard to tell what will happen lol

Return to “Football”