Post by Orange and Brown »

Thoughts?

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
NY BUCK
All State

Re: Wk6 Meigs at Nelsonville-York

Post by NY BUCK »

If NY plays like they did against waverly, they roll into week 10 starting with this one. If not, we will be in a dog fight every week.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly pulling for NY.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Go Bucks

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

N-Y as Meigs can't stop a run anywhere between the tackles as lb's get lost and on pass coverage (even though N-Y doesn't throw a lot) the Db's and safeties have no clue on coverage schemes. Their offense is good with 7 freshmen and sophs starting but you gotta play some defense against even average opponents to win and they're giving up on average 34 points a game this year. N-Y 42 - Meigs 28

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

NY BUCK wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:17 pm If NY plays like they did against waverly, they roll into week 10 starting with this one. If not, we will be in a dog fight every week.
Did Nelsonville-York score an offensive touchdown against Waverly?

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Dundas wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:12 pm
NY BUCK wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:17 pm If NY plays like they did against waverly, they roll into week 10 starting with this one. If not, we will be in a dog fight every week.
Nope.. we was on the other side of the fifty multiple times, got down there running the ball. Then we would line up and try to pass three times and turned it over on downs. If waverly didn’t have that long ball at the end of half then we would have lost by 10. Also if they didn’t have the long ball, it would have been 17-14 when we was on the 2 yard line and fumbled when we could have took a 21-17 lead. Defense played pretty well despite giving up 31. So I guess my post should have said the play calling needs to be better as well. A lot of rambling here but just trying to give you some insight on the game lol

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

NY BUCK wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:23 pm
Dundas wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:12 pm
Nope.. we was on the other side of the fifty multiple times, got down there running the ball. Then we would line up and try to pass three times and turned it over on downs. If waverly didn’t have that long ball at the end of half then we would have lost by 10. Also if they didn’t have the long ball, it would have been 17-14 when we was on the 2 yard line and fumbled when we could have took a 21-17 lead. Defense played pretty well despite giving up 31. So I guess my post should have said the play calling needs to be better as well. A lot of rambling here but just trying to give you some insight on the game lol
Thanks. I hadn’t heard a lot about what happened. Waverly has a very good defense and it seems the Bucks are playing better over the last 3 weeks. This should be a good game. Meigs has a pretty solid offense but the defense has been the weak spot so far this season.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Even though there record doesn't show it, the Buckeyes are playing a lot better and with a lot more confidence.Even if they we're playing at home this coming week,at this stage of the season, I would pick NY over Meigs.

MarauderMadness
JV Team

Post by MarauderMadness »

I know this. I am tired of hearing about Nelsonvile and getting a running clock has become a team goal. One thing for certain there will be a running clock this week. It’s just the Buckeyes will be wishing they had more time. We will stuff that Mickey Mouse offense.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

I’m still confused on what the problem is on having a goal to get a running clock? If you don’t want a running clock put on you then play better.. if NY doesn’t want any team to put a running clock on them then play better. I think it’s a good goal to have and go out get a running clock, win and get out injury free. I just don’t see the problem with it.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

NY BUCK wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:40 am I’m still confused on what the problem is on having a goal to get a running clock? If you don’t want a running clock put on you then play better.. if NY doesn’t want any team to put a running clock on them then play better. I think it’s a good goal to have and go out get a running clock, win and get out injury free. I just don’t see the problem with it.
He just likes to troll. He doesn't have anything better to talk about.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

Buckeyes

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

This is where I predicted the Bucks to run off a few games in a row before they go into a week 10 showdown with Athens. NY by 3 scores.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

greygoose wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:05 am This is where I predicted the Bucks to run off a few games in a row before they go into a week 10 showdown with Athens. NY by 3 scores.
I don't think that Meigs will score that much against the Buckeyes defense. If NY can fine tune there offense a little, and not make there defense have to be on the field so much, I can see them gaining more confidence as they head into the second half of the season. I don't think that Meigs defense is good enough to really stop the Buckeyes from doing about what they want.

ArmChairQB
Varsity

Re: Meigs (2-3) @ Nelsonville-York (1-4)

Post by ArmChairQB »

The Bucks can’t run great, and don’t pass well, but they make up for it with subpar pass defense and poor tackling. But seriously- if the Bucks play a full game they will win.

Shotgun red
Riding the Bench

Post by Shotgun red »

Wilburn with his biggest game this year bucks win

I am not a Burrows fan but, I am a BURROW fan!
Shotgun red
Riding the Bench

Post by Shotgun red »

Wilburn with his biggest game this year bucks win

I am not a Burrows fan but, I am a BURROW fan!
Buckeye2018
Waterboy

Post by Buckeye2018 »

Meigs 26 ny 21

EvilPaladin
Waterboy

Post by EvilPaladin »

The bad news is NY learned what it's like when these so called "great" SEO teams head north last year against Kirtland. Then Kirtland showed them what it would have been like if they faced the MAC. The good news is, this games against another TVC team. And a bad one at that. So we'll see that running back running harder than he has all year and the coach will give him the ball more. But so far this season the best lesson NY has learned is what it's like to have to play against teams with equal or better talent. Just like the Kirtland game last year.

Return to “Football”