Waverly 35 Valley 28

smurray
SEOPS HO

Waverly 35 Valley 28

Post by smurray »

May as well get this one started.
The undefeated Tigers make the journey down 23 to take on the improving Valley Indians.
Waverly has been tested by Unioto, Fairland and Nelsonville York and while it hasn’t been pretty at times the Tigers have prevailed, pulling away. Waverly enters this contest #2 in Div 4 Region 16, having beaten 3 of the top 8 in region 15 where most believe they belong. Waverly looks to get Zach Brown and Cobe Marquez back for this one which will be great news for the Tigers.
Valley is a very dangerous team who can score points. Waverlys defense bent but didn’t break last night, pitching a shutout against the NY offense. A special teams breakdown and a pic 6 accounting for the Buckeyes 14 points.
Waverly had moments of excellence last night but then times of total breakdowns........ have to get those fixed.

What does everything think about this one?

mlittle
SEOP

Re: Week 6 Waverly (5-0) at Valley (2-3)

Post by mlittle »

Waverly with the running clock

Waverly 48
Valley 14

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Waverly by many especially if they get the 2 previous starters back that have been out lately.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

From afar, Waverly wins but Valley makes it interesting. Tigers 36 Indians 24.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Valleys lowest point totals are 20 & 28, losses to Coal Grove and a very good Raceland team who just beat West.
Waverly gave up 27 to Fairland with the last 6 being on a TD with no time on the clock against the 2’s.
Valley will no doubt score some points, just a matter of Waverly making enough stops. I don’t see Valleys defense stopping the Tigers..... especially with Marques back. Tigers with just way too many weapons to account for.
The best defense Waverly has faced (according to most) was a very fast Unioto squad and the Tigers put up 37 points.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Waverly! Halfway through the season, take it one game at a time. Hope you get your walking wounded back this week. Valley is an improving team, and would love to be the one to spoil that undefeated season.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Every game gets tougher for Waverly. Valley starts 7 seniors on offense and I'm guessing a similar number on defense. Most of these kids have started since their sophomore year. This is an experienced well coached football team that plays mainly seniors and juniors and they are athletic.

This will be the biggest test thus far for the Tigers and it comes on the road. Valley comes in averaging 36 points per game which is more than any team we have faced so far. The Indians could be 4-1 with a couple of breaks. Wondering if this is Valley's homecoming?

First league game....I'm sure both teams will be sky high and a big crowd of course. Huge game for both teams.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I don't think that I would at this point rate Valley as a better team overall than Unioto. The Shermans are better on defense and have a very good running back. I will say that Valley probably has a better passing game. As I said in an earlier post,with the Indians being at home, and starting to play with a lot more confidence, they would like nothing more than to be the one that puts a dent in that undeafeated season.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

I was told this was valleys homecoming

peterpan20
Waterboy

Post by peterpan20 »

valley 35 waverly 31 ill take the upset

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

I would love to see an upset in this one.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

I look for Waverly to go down to Valley and take care of business, possibly by 2-3 TD's. I think Valley will put up some points, but I don't think they will be able to stop the Tigers on D. I think if the Indians want a chance to win they have to create a couple turnovers. Another factor that will be advantage Waverly is special teams, as Shoemaker is probably one of the best returners in the area. I know the Waverly coaches will be emphasizing to the team to not take Valley lightly, as they do have an opportunity to beat the Tigers at home if they don't come to play.

The only common opponents these two have are Portsmouth and Piketon, with Portsmouth the last scrimmage before the season for the Tigers. From my understanding, Waverly handled Portsmouth pretty well. Valley looked like they were in a shootout with them, losing 57-40. The Tigers beat Piketon 50-6 and Valley beat them 44-6. The Valley and Piketon game was close with Valley leading by 8 halfway through the 2nd quarter, the game was then suspended until the next day and when it resumed Valley poured it on them.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

This is not Valley's homecoming.

If the Indians can run the ball effectively like they have most of the season, I believe they will be in this ballgame. The weather could play a factor.

veer
Freshman Team

Post by veer »

Waverly big.....49-7

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Vetteman: Not a whole lot of difference between Unioto and Valley defensively. Valley did hold Coal Grove to 21 points which is solid. Valley is far more diverse and dangerous offensively then the Shermans. They possess a whole array of weapons. And they are as dangerous passing the ball as running it. The Indians have a top notch senior running back of their own and a senior QB who is a duel threat. Valley's receivers got behind Portsmouths DBs all night long and made them pay. This game will be as tough as any Waverly has faced so far.

Hoping we get a couple of kids back this week and we bring a big crowd. Both will be needed.

Kicker.
All Conference

Re: Waverly (5-0) @ Valley (2-3)

Post by Kicker. »

Just can't see an upset Waverly is playing good ball right now they just can't slip up on penalties and turnovers and they'll avoid any chance at an upset

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
Bigdog
Freshman Team

Post by Bigdog »

It isn't Homecoming? That is very unusual. We normally are entertained by the Valley Homecoming Serenade!!

Waverly has had over 1000 yards of return and offensive yardage called back. If we can get a good clean game with no imagined BIB or fictious Holding penalties it could get ugly, quick. I am not holding my breath! LOL!!!

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Ok I was told by a parent at the Fairview game homecoming was this week they must been mistaken

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Crab's Brother wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:48 am This is not Valley's homecoming.

If the Indians can run the ball effectively like they have most of the season, I believe they will be in this ballgame. The weather could play a factor.
74 and sunny ☀️

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Waverly 60-21

Return to “Football”