2018 Frontier Athletic Conference

goblue1395
Freshman Team

Re: FAC Standings and predictions...

Post by goblue1395 »

Week 6, WCH @ Jackson. WCH's first game ever at Jackson stadium. Gonna be an insane atmosphere, can't wait!

veer
Freshman Team

Post by veer »

Gonna be an exciting week.

Chilly @ Hillsboro
WCH @ Jackson.
Greenfield @ Trace

Ill take Hillsboro, Jackson, & MT with wins to start league play.

Whats your thoughts for week 6?

Ohio1234
JV Team

Post by Ohio1234 »

Chillicothe will have no problem stopping hillsboro's running game, chillicothe has a very good defense and i don't think hillsboro has the atheletes at running back or the line upfront to control the line of scrimmage. This game will come down to turnovers, penalties and special teams play I'll take chilli 17-7

veer
Freshman Team

Post by veer »

Ohio1234 wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:52 am Chillicothe will have no problem stopping hillsboro's running game, chillicothe has a very good defense and i don't think hillsboro has the atheletes at running back or the line upfront to control the line of scrimmage. This game will come down to turnovers, penalties and special teams play I'll take chilli 17-7
I watched Hillsboro play Goshen week two and they definitely have the guys up front to play with chilly. Number 24 and the FB are a load to tackle in the backfield. But I agree, turnovers, penalties and special teams play will decide this outcome. Are both teams healthy at this point??

Ohio1234
JV Team

Post by Ohio1234 »

veer wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:23 am
Ohio1234 wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:52 am Chillicothe will have no problem stopping hillsboro's running game, chillicothe has a very good defense and i don't think hillsboro has the atheletes at running back or the line upfront to control the line of scrimmage. This game will come down to turnovers, penalties and special teams play I'll take chilli 17-7
I watched Hillsboro play Goshen week two and they definitely have the guys up front to play with chilly. Number 24 and the FB are a load to tackle in the backfield. But I agree, turnovers, penalties and special teams play will decide this outcome. Are both teams healthy at this point??
Chillicothe Got pretty banged up in the Hartley game and had a few playing through injuries in the logan game but nothing major that i know of should be good to go for hillsboro, i will say that if chillicothe doesn't figure out their identity on offense in a hurry they will struggle against hillsboro, courthouse and Jackson

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

Lots of football to play yet but we have played better teams and are playing our best ball as of the last 7qtrs. We play next 3 games at home could easily make a run yet. We have a darn good QB. Burg game could have easily been 28-21 or 21 to 20 Ironmen win. I would say burg is still 6 points better but if we play at home who knows. Our special teams are bigger and better than most. I don’t see anyone being that much better really. It’s gonna come down to a fight and my boys are game for whatever. I think you are gonna see a different style the next few weeks. I have said too much already. Good luck FAC! don’t be surprised when we get our 26th championship.

veer
Freshman Team

Post by veer »

allamericanironman wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:11 pm Lots of football to play yet but we have played better teams and are playing our best ball as of the last 7qtrs. We play next 3 games at home could easily make a run yet. We have a darn good QB. Burg game could have easily been 28-21 or 21 to 20 Ironmen win. I would say burg is still 6 points better but if we play at home who knows. Our special teams are bigger and better than most. I don’t see anyone being that much better really. It’s gonna come down to a fight and my boys are game for whatever. I think you are gonna see a different style the next few weeks. I have said too much already. Good luck FAC! don’t be surprised when we get our 26th championship.
Good luck this week! All anyone has heard thus far is how WCH has the best team in the FAC. Ill say Jackson gets the win 42-28 this week.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Wow it is going to be a tight race

1-3 Washington, Hillsboro or Chilli
4-5 Jackson or Miami Trace
6. McClain

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Don't count out the defending Champions. Just always heard that Defense Wins Championships.

veer
Freshman Team

Post by veer »

VetteMan wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:51 pm Don't count out the defending Champions. Just always heard that Defense Wins Championships.
That is correct! And chilly has a very good defense.

Ironmen#2588
Freshman Team

Post by Ironmen#2588 »

What does everyone think of the FAC sending invites to Hamilton Township and Teays Valley? and would those schools consider leaving their weaker conference for a more competitive tougher conference?
Those two schools play in the same conference and would consider leaving to avoid playing 5 Div. 4 schools and a Div. 5 school. The FAC would be more competitive for Hamilton township and Teays Valley. The only school that would not agree with it and leave would be McClain.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Is this something that is possibly being discussed with those two schools, as it would very much make the league a lot stronger. Or is this just what is being talked about with other friends? Being that the league is pretty new, and if Greenfield didn't like the move, I guess it would be kind of like hanging MClain out to dry.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Unioto and Waverly would make good logistical sense as additions to the FAC imo.

veer
Freshman Team

Post by veer »

Dundas wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:28 pm Unioto and Waverly would make good logistical sense as additions to the FAC imo.
I dont think ether school wants any part of the FAC.....Chilly and Jackson have tremendous athletics and over the long haul would dominate Waverly and Unioto in most sports...also, you have to think, your middle school teams will be traveling to Jackson during the middle of the week to play league games...which is a far drive, and kids getting home after 11pm at night. Just not worth switching leagues for Waverly and Unioto.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I'm not saying that you're wrong at all. But do you think around 30-32 miles one way is to far to drive?

wch125
All State

Post by wch125 »

Ironmen#2588 wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:18 pm What does everyone think of the FAC sending invites to Hamilton Township and Teays Valley? and would those schools consider leaving their weaker conference for a more competitive tougher conference?
Those two schools play in the same conference and would consider leaving to avoid playing 5 Div. 4 schools and a Div. 5 school. The FAC would be more competitive for Hamilton township and Teays Valley. The only school that would not agree with it and leave would be McClain.

Teays Valley while good in all sports would not be great fit, they are much larger than all schools in the league plus you factor in the travel time for teams like Hillsboro . Hamilton TownShip is the same also, too far travel time.

Circleville and Logan Elm are like a packaged deal for leagues, one goes they both go. When the SCOL was together there was a opportunity to add both those schools but they were turned down . Our Conference needs to get to 8 teams to stay solid but it needs to be teams that are good fit and travel wise. Teays Valley Hamilton Township , and I have even seen Logan mentioned make no sense. Travel being the biggest reason, if those teams were added I would say would someone in the conference would leave due to travel.

Ironmen#2588
Freshman Team

Post by Ironmen#2588 »

Teays Valley Not a great fit? They are a great fit for this conference. Too big of a school, How big do you think they are? Same division as Chillicothe. Div 2. if your gonna complain about them being to large of a school then your gonna complain about Jackson and Chillicothe being the two biggest schools in the league and Hillsboro is right there with them also.
Hamilton Township would be a good fit for the conference also, adds another Div 3 school but by adding both school it would legit make the conference more competitive.

Teays Valley Travel Time
Jackson - 1 hour
Hillsboro - 1 hour 20 mins
Chillicothe - 40 mins
Washington Court House - 45 mins
Miami Trace - 46 mins
McClain - 53 mins

Hamilton Township Travel Time
Jackson - 1 hr 15 mins
Hillsboro - 1 hr 25 mins
Chillicothe - 45 mins
Miami Trace - 45 mins
McClain - 1 hr

Jackson Travels the farthest out of all the schools in the league, but they aren’t complaining. Hillsboro is the farthest for all the schools to travel too. If they add those two schools then they can workout a agreement to split it 70/30 between the schools. Home team getting the majority of course. adding circleville wouldn’t be a bad idea or bad choice either. but are they gonna bring good enough competition to the league? all other sports yes but football not even close for now.
Both logan elm and Circleville are 0-5 and neither school has had winning seasons in 3 or 4 yrs. that wouldn’t be good for the conference.
McClain would be the only school to leave because they wouldn’t be able to compete in all the sports except basketball.

wch125
All State

Post by wch125 »

Ironmen#2588 wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:29 am Teays Valley Not a great fit? They are a great fit for this conference. Too big of a school, How big do you think they are? Same division as Chillicothe. Div 2. if your gonna complain about them being to large of a school then your gonna complain about Jackson and Chillicothe being the two biggest schools in the league and Hillsboro is right there with them also.
Hamilton Township would be a good fit for the conference also, adds another Div 3 school but by adding both school it would legit make the conference more competitive.

Teays Valley Travel Time
Jackson - 1 hour
Chillicothe - 40 mins
Miami Trace - 46 mins
McClain - 53 mins

Jackson - 1 hr 15 mins
Hillsboro - 1 hr 25 mins
Chillicothe - 45 mins
Miami Trace - 45 mins
McClain - 1 hr

Jackson Travels the farthest out of all the schools in the league, but they aren’t complaining. Hillsboro is the farthest for all the schools to travel too. If they add those two schools then they can workout a agreement to split it 70/30 between the schools. Home team getting the majority of course. adding circleville wouldn’t be a bad idea or bad choice either. but are they gonna bring good enough competition to the league? all other sports yes but football not even close for now.
Both logan elm and Circleville are 0-5 and neither school has had winning seasons in 3 or 4 yrs. that wouldn’t be good for the conference.
McClain would be the only school to leave because they wouldn’t be able to compete in all the sports except basketball.

While Jackson may have the longest travel time its still reasonable. Adding those 2 schools would be mean much later nights for student athletes during the week . That is something administrators have to look at fans without kids do not . Also both schools are Central district their is no benefit for them to compete in a league with SE District schools. You want to talk enrollment I didn't figure you had looked into that Teays Valley has 449 boys in the school Hamilton has 341 . Our Biggest school in the conference is Chillicothe with 328 Next is Jackson at 291 Hillsboro has 281. So thats a huge difference. Thats a huge advantage. You have a larger pool of athletes to pull from both Elite athletes and average athletes which equals better depth. Does that always mean a win no but its a huge advantage. I think if those 2 schools come in , you would see Greenfield and hillsboro leave. Then we are back in the same boat of 6 in the conference and no stability because others schools will probably still look.

If you add Circleville and Logan Elm while not great in football they do still have athletes and Im sure at some point will be on the rise. If they come into our league they are both SE District , they can still schedule non conference where they could pick up wins. There fans travel well. Both teams are comparable to Mcclain. So its teams that mcclain could compete with so you keep them happy and in conference .

Teays and Hamilton don't make sense for a conference with 6 teams looking to find 2 teams that could make it more stable and competitive .

Ironmen#2588
Freshman Team

Post by Ironmen#2588 »

wch125 wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:11 pm
Ironmen#2588 wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:29 am Teays Valley Not a great fit? They are a great fit for this conference. Too big of a school, How big do you think they are? Same division as Chillicothe. Div 2. if your gonna complain about them being to large of a school then your gonna complain about Jackson and Chillicothe being the two biggest schools in the league and Hillsboro is right there with them also.

Teays Valley Travel Time
Jackson - 1 hour
Chillicothe - 40 mins
Miami Trace - 46 mins
McClain - 53 mins

Jackson - 1 hr 15 mins
Hillsboro - 1 hr 25 mins
Chillicothe - 45 mins
Miami Trace - 45 mins
McClain - 1 hr

While Jackson may have the longest travel time its still reasonable. Adding those 2 schools would be mean much later nights for student athletes during the week . That is something administrators have to look at fans without kids do not . Also both schools are Central district their is no benefit for them to compete in a league with SE District schools. You want to talk enrollment I didn't figure you had looked into that Teays Valley has 449 boys in the school Hamilton has 341 . Our Biggest school in the conference is Chillicothe with 328 Next is Jackson at 291 Hillsboro has 281. So thats a huge difference. Thats a huge advantage. You have a larger pool of athletes to pull from both Elite athletes and average athletes which equals better depth. Does that always mean a win no but its a huge advantage. I think if those 2 schools come in , you would see Greenfield and hillsboro leave. Then we are back in the same boat of 6 in the conference and no stability because others schools will probably still look.

If you add Circleville and Logan Elm while not great in football they do still have athletes and Im sure at some point will be on the rise. If they come into our league they are both SE District , they can still schedule non conference where they could pick up wins. There fans travel well. Both teams are comparable to Mcclain. So its teams that mcclain could compete with so you keep them happy and in conference .

Teays and Hamilton don't make sense for a conference with 6 teams looking to find 2 teams that could make it more stable and competitive .
You all played Columbus St. Charles and beat them, there Competitive Balance enrollment is 589. That’s a tremendous advantage. So why are you complaining?
Are you saying Court House, Hillsboro, Trace, jackson, and Chillicothe would NOT want to add those 2 schools in Teays Valley and Hamilton Township to make the conference better and more competitive?? Are you saying they would be scared to play those schools, I don’t think so, they would love it. the only school that would say no would be McClain. I think we both can agree on that and also agree on that they will be the only school that will leave the conference if it expands. Because they can’t compete in any of the sports with the schools now in the conference.

With Circleville and Logan Elm, id rather have circleville join than logan elm. Because circleville is competitive in all their other sports. but logan elm is a toss up with all their athletics.
It will be hard to find teams that will agree to compete against teams like Jackson and Chillicothe, I will also add Hillsboro and Court House. I do not know how McClain said yes.

But would circleville and Logan elm agree tho come into the conference and play where majority of all the schools are all bigger? the conference they play in now they match up just fine with because they are all majority Div 4 teams.

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

Who cares? FAC is strong in football this year and it’s getting underway and we’re talking about Hamilton and Teays Valley? Why? Jackson can’t cry about travel because they had nothing else. Here in Chillicothe we like this league and wanting teams on the outskirts of Columbus is dumb. If wanting to add teams then keep it in the district. Unioto and Waverly best fit and Unioto and Waverly would beat Jackson at more sports than Jackson would beat them to address that statement. Those teams aren’t leaving though. I love reading this site and posting some but I hate the league switching, adding, subtracting speculation game.

1. Chillicothe
2. Jackson
3. Washington
4. Hillsboro
5. Miami Trace
6. McClain

Return to “Football”