SHAC showdown

stacey7722
Freshman Team

SHAC showdown

Post by stacey7722 »

Lynchburg Clay Lady Mustangs vs. Peebles

Match up everyone has been waiting for.

Lynchburg Clay the established in the league.

Peebles young upstart with a great record.

Game being played on Lynchburg's pitch: Who do you got and why?

Go:

stacey7722
Freshman Team

Re: SHAC showdown

Post by stacey7722 »

Lynchburg Clay vs. Peebles game goes final

Lynchburg Clay 7
Peebles 2

This was a good game that saw 5 goals scored in the first 11 minutes. Looked like Peebles was going to stay with Lynchburg early.

Peebles team was very well coached and their players played hard for the entire 40 minutes. In my oppionion they are the 2nd best team in the SHAC right now. They were very well organized and had three strikers that could legit put it in the net.

In all honesty they just arent there yet. There is a big divide between Lynchburg and the rest of the league. Lynchburg is well coached and they just have to many quality athletes. The Mustangs plays physical soccer and have incredible size all over the field. Peebles only had 14 kids total on their squad and were playing on a field bigger than what they are used to. Lynchburg continued wholesale substitutions and wore the Indians down. The main problem with playing Lynchburg is they run so many quality players at you. The second best soccer team in the SHAC is Lynchburg Clays second unit and that spells trouble for teams that dont carry that many players.

Peeble goaly kept this game from getting completely out of control. This girl had 20 plus save and stopped a penalty kick and the rebound. She was very active and aggressive even up to the top of the 18. She did not let crosses go by her and played physical making everyone aware that the 18 belonged to her. Was very impressived with the young lady.

For Lynchburg the senior Scott got to them early for 2 or 3 goals in first 20 minutes. Peebles then tried to man mark her with one and two players and that left to many open runners one on one with Peeble goaly.

In the End I think Peebles is the 2nd best team in the league and i think they will see success in the tournament, but they are not in the same discussion as Lynchburg Clay.

Someone earlier on here quoted Rick Flair and I agree. "If you want to be the man, you have to beat the man."

BananaSC74
Freshman Team

Post by BananaSC74 »

I knew Peebles girls would have a shot going into this one.. my initial prediction would be a tie 2-2, but havnt heard anything yet.

BananaSC74
Freshman Team

Post by BananaSC74 »

stacey7722 wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:38 pm Lynchburg Clay vs. Peebles game goes final

Lynchburg Clay 7
Peebles 2

This was a good game that saw 5 goals scored in the first 11 minutes. Looked like Peebles was going to stay with Lynchburg early.

Peebles team was very well coached and their players played hard for the entire 40 minutes. In my oppionion they are the 2nd best team in the SHAC right now. They were very well organized and had three strikers that could legit put it in the net.

In all honesty they just arent there yet. There is a big divide between Lynchburg and the rest of the league. Lynchburg is well coached and they just have to many quality athletes. The Mustangs plays physical soccer and have incredible size all over the field. Peebles only had 14 kids total on their squad and were playing on a field bigger than what they are used to. Lynchburg continued wholesale substitutions and wore the Indians down. The main problem with playing Lynchburg is they run so many quality players at you. The second best soccer team in the SHAC is Lynchburg Clays second unit and that spells trouble for teams that dont carry that many players.

Peeble goaly kept this game from getting completely out of control. This girl had 20 plus save and stopped a penalty kick and the rebound. She was very active and aggressive even up to the top of the 18. She did not let crosses go by her and played physical making everyone aware that the 18 belonged to her. Was very impressived with the young lady.

For Lynchburg the senior Scott got to them early for 2 or 3 goals in first 20 minutes. Peebles then tried to man mark her with one and two players and that left to many open runners one on one with Peeble goaly.

In the End I think Peebles is the 2nd best team in the league and i think they will see success in the tournament, but they are not in the same discussion as Lynchburg Clay.

Someone earlier on here quoted Rick Flair and I agree. "If you want to be the man, you have to beat the man."
I am just now seeing this score line, thanks for the in depth analysis. Sounds like it was a fun game regardless. We all know Lynchburg is a class of their own in this district, but I love what I’m seeing from Peebles. A young squad, with a legitimate front 3 and a nice goalkeeper. This is a well coached program with rooms to grow in the years to come. I want to see both programs represent the SHAC well in this year’s tourney!

stacey7722
Freshman Team

Post by stacey7722 »

BananaSC74 wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:46 pm I knew Peebles girls would have a shot going into this one.. my initial prediction would be a tie 2-2, but havnt heard anything yet.
7-2 final. Lynchburg just to much for Peebles. The Peebles team played very well and are very well coached. This Peebles team will represent the SHAC well come tournament time. Big things in the future for this Peebles team.

TAR HEEL FAN 44
JV Team

Post by TAR HEEL FAN 44 »

This Friday night North Adams at Peebles in a varsity girls match-up. Game starts at 4:30pm.

Return to “Soccer”