OVC Predictions

OVCFAN83
Waterboy

Re: OVC Predictions

Post by OVCFAN83 »

IMO its not going to come down to Ironton & Gallia anyways. Don't count the Grovers out just yet, if they can actually start playing some defense they will be the best team in the league.

BlueLion4Life
Freshman Team

Post by BlueLion4Life »

OVCFAN83 wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:01 am IMO its not going to come down to Ironton & Gallia anyways. Don't count the Grovers out just yet, if they can actually start playing some defense they will be the best team in the league.
Coal Grove already has 1 loss in league play. They have arguably 3 of toughest teams to play still. they will drop another game before it's all said and done. Likely hood of Gallia dropping one is fairly high but it's also a fairly high chance that they win out. Coal Grove has to win this week if they want to continue being a contender. My suspicion is that the Grove will lose the next 2 games for lack of a solid defensive effort.

Half Slice
Freshman Team

Post by Half Slice »

Aren't you listening? It's over OVC fans.

Gallipolis followers have already annointed Penrod's minions as league champs. No need to even play the rest of the games. Where's the gold football for the trophy case?

Fattseycline
Freshman Team

Post by Fattseycline »

Half Slice wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:35 pm Aren't you listening? It's over OVC fans.

Gallipolis followers have already annointed Penrod's minions as league champs. No need to even play the rest of the games. Where's the gold football for the trophy case?
Lol I agree they have improved considerably but still have to prove it lol

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Half Slice wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:35 pm Aren't you listening? It's over OVC fans.

Really I don’t think anybody who knows much about Gallia academy really thinks we are beating ironton. I think we have won like 4 times in last 27 meetings. Now do we think we are beating south Point yes. Do we think we should beat rock hill yes. So that leaves coal grove. So yea we think if we take care of business Friday night we will have a chance in week 9.

Half Slice
Freshman Team

Post by Half Slice »

SVAC

Some of your French City brethren seem cock sure that the the Blue Devils will walk through The Grove on Friday. That has been a hard place to win over the years for GA.

Don't get caught looking ahead to the Tigers.

Fattseycline
Freshman Team

Post by Fattseycline »

Half Slice wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:31 pm SVAC

Some of your French City brethren seem cock sure that the the Blue Devils will walk through The Grove on Friday. That has been a hard place to win over the years for GA.

Please look ahead Cg needs the extra help lol

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

buckeyenation wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:08 am Ironton is not good enough to hang with Gallia that offense can strike from anywhere at anytime. I believe the game of the year will be Ironton and Portsmouth now that he is letting Lattimore run some.
I hope you’re right. If Gallia beats Ironton week 9 I sure don’t want to play them week 10. It’s a rivalry game so no matter the records the game will be tough. Ironton defense is better then west. They will not get tired. That coach won’t let them play if there tired. Lattimore looked better but there was no defense from coal grove. I’m glad he realized he can run. Parker will get his. I just hope we hold peake a time or 2 and leave with a win.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Half Slice wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:31 pm SVAC

I think we can beat coal grove but don’t know if I think it will be easy. We have been able to jump out on most teams and make them one dimensional or they were just one dimensional from the beginning.

If coal grove can run and pass they may be too much for devils. But from what I have seen of blue devils this year we are so improved I have problems determining how many problems another team will give us.

I will be shocked if the devils can’t move the ball and score on coal grove. Our defense is still a work in progress maybe this game is a shootout.

I will also give you the point about Gallia posters. If you look we have a lot of waterboys that I am not sure how much they actually know but it is nice to have a few more on here.

buckeyenation
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyenation »

Put it on the board lol do what you want with it. The fact is ironton might get spanked by RH this week

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

I've been a lurker for the last six years. Only just made an account. Been browsing since my freshman year of HS

StolenTalents12
Freshman Team

Post by StolenTalents12 »

TOUGH wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:32 am
buckeyenation wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:08 am Ironton is not good enough to hang with Gallia that offense can strike from anywhere at anytime. I believe the game of the year will be Ironton and Portsmouth now that he is letting Lattimore run some.

Ironton has played two teams with more explosive offenses than Gallia. Wheelersburg and Ashland both have superior talent while running the spread Offenseand Ironton did very well against both teams. Gallia is good but to say they will run over Ironton is a little far fetched. Ironton clearly has the better D. They played Fairland at Fairland and was down 42-10 when the starters went out and Fairland scored twice on jvs. They also handled Chesapeake last week and they game was never in doubt even with Chesapeake making the 2 special teams TDs. Ironton is yet to punt in an OVC game this season. They will not be overlooking anyone after last season. I believe coach has them taking it one game at a time and they know what’s at stake.

Ironton didn’t even score 42 points in the game lol
Yeah fairland scored twice on the partial jv, ironton still left several starters on the field but when you have a passing offense you never really think you’re out of the game and if you are out of the game I believe it is the opponents job to stop you no matter who’s on the field. Whether it’s to try to come back or to continue to work on things for the next weeks game. Honestly if I were the coach I’d be like that HS coach from Texas that kicks onside kicks every singe kickoff and never punts lol

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Should be a great game tonight between two very good football teams. Neither team can afford a league loss at this time if they want to contend for the OVC championship. I predict a close hard fought game right to the end. Lets hope for an injury free game.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

VetteMan wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:05 am Should be a great game tonight between two very good football teams. Neither team can afford a league loss at this time if they want to contend for the OVC championship. I predict a close hard fought game right to the end. Lets hope for an injury free game.
I guess it would help if I would have said between who. Lol

I look for a great game between Gallia Academy and Coal Grove.

Slothman
Freshman Team

Post by Slothman »

I like Ironton

Maniactough
Waterboy

Post by Maniactough »

Ironton took care of business as did Gallia
Both teams are playing great as of late and now looks like the OVC title will be down to those 2 teams.
I look for Ironton to pull out the win but it won’t be easy as Gallia has shown they are for real.
Ironton gets the edge due to them playing at home.
Here’s hoping for a great post season for both teams.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

STILL A LOT OF FOOTBALL LEFT TO BE PLAYED. IRONTON STILL HAS COAL GROVE, GAHS AND PORTSMOUTH. GAHS IS VASTLY IMPROVED AS ARE THE TIGERS. BUT IRONTON HAS 3 VERY TOIUGH GAMES LEFT. CAN'T COUNT OUT ANYBODY PLAYING FOR LEAGUE CROWNS ESPECIALLY AGAINST LONG TIME RIVALS.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Ovc won't win a playoff game

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

packers80 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:59 pm Ovc won't win a playoff game
ARE YOU TAKING BETS ON THIS? IF SO I MIGHT BE INTERESTED...LOL

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

No I don't gamble, I don't even joke about it, long story.... However, I would like to recant my statement. Gallipolis will win at least 1, may be 2 playoff games.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast

Return to “Football”