Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Pre Season 2018-19

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Pre Season 2018-19

Post by pfloyd »

Just looked at Logan Elm's schedule on Arbiterlive ... it show the Braves playing at the ZT Tip Off Classic on Friday November 30th ...

6:45 ... Bloom Carrol vs Jackson
8:30 ... Logan Elm vs Bishop Ready

BUT when looked at the schedules for McClain & Jackson ... neither show them playing at the ZT Tip Off Classic ... shows Jackson's first game of the season not until the 4th of Dec vs Wellston ... McClain's first game also Dec 4th but vs Lynchburg Clay ... usually someone "in the know" will post a thread about the ZT Tip Off Classic with ALL of the details & match-ups ... I HOPE the Friday Nov.30th menu of games is correct ! - 2 more SEOhio teams to get an early "eyes on" /napkin stat/early season idea as what they have in both Jackson & Logan Elm ... LE USUALLY plays in the ZT get-together so it sounds right that they would be scheduled ... BC was at the ZT Classic last year vs Vinton County ... this might be the first time I have seen Jackson scheduled to play at ZT in all the years I have been attending - BUT it's good to see one my top 8 teams early on to gauge their improvement throughout the season ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Wow !!! November 30th DOES NOT sound that far away !!! ... the Athens Shriners TVC Preview is usually on the Friday or Saturday after Thanksgiving - I get to watch the majority of teams in the TVC for a couple of quarters each - I KNOW "previews" are not anything to get much from BUT I DO GET a program with the rosters for the participants ! ... you also see the athletes on the teams, I look at the fundamentals or lack of fundamentals each team has or doesn't have ... the good TEAMS whether they "show much" or not in the Preview - still show the fundamentals that the coaching staff has coached/taught ... I go for the hot dogs/twizzlers and the opportunity to give 93Bulldog a hard time ! besides I get an opportunity to run into lots of the seops posters from the TVC, hoops friends from all of the TVC schools ... Kevin Wiseman - sports director for the Athen Messenger is usually there ... it's a great way to touch bases with friends/fans of high school basketball ...

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

gallia academy at logan December 28th nice holiday treat. almost it wasnt during the break though like to see the blue devils in some hostile envirnements

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

svac83 wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:17 pm gallia academy at logan December 28th nice holiday treat. almost it wasnt during the break though like to see the blue devils in some hostile envirnements
... I totally enjoy being able to see teams during the holiday break BUT with the change in routine, the holidays themselves - those holiday break games are tough on teams ... but it's that way for all of the teams ... I've got that Dec 28 matchup between the Purple and GAHS circled on my Hoops calendar - should be a good one ! potentially my Pre-season #1 vs #2 to see who belongs at the top of the heap in SEOhio hoops ...

Pa Trojan
JV Team

Post by Pa Trojan »

Holiday tourneys are great for the fans and for the revenue.Plus it adds an opportunity to see those matchups you may never have the chance to see. Good for the sport, and the young men just want to play basketball

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

pfloyd wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:26 pm
svac83 wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:17 pm gallia academy at logan December 28th nice holiday treat. almost it wasnt during the break though like to see the blue devils in some hostile envirnements
... I totally enjoy being able to see teams during the holiday break BUT with the change in routine, the holidays themselves - those holiday break games are tough on teams ... but it's that way for all of the teams ... I've got that Dec 28 matchup between the Purple and GAHS circled on my Hoops calendar - should be a good one ! potentially my Pre-season #1 vs #2 to see who belongs at the top of the heap in SEOhio hoops ...
I would say that they Both deserve to be at the Top, plus I think that they " Both " will Stay at the top.

basketball12349
Riding the Bench

Post by basketball12349 »

pfloyd wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:26 pm
Loveday needs to put on some muscle. I feel like if Logan puts someone short and strong that can push him around like a Ruff boy then they should be able to contain him.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

When you take a look at loveday. You can tell he is a little bit stronger and thicker. Also think we may be calling him 7’2” or 7’ 3” by this season. When your that tall you can add 20 to 30 lbs and it is virtually unnoticeable

donaldtrump
Freshman Team

Post by donaldtrump »

South Point will be ahead of Chesapeake...South Point will probably finish in 2nd place in the OVC.. 3rd at worse. Chesapeake, Fairland, and Rock Hill will be at the bottom with Portsmouth in the middle most likely but wouldn't surprise me if they were towards the bottom....Gallia, SP and Ironton in my opinion will be your top teams...Gallia has size and speed the pointers good guard play with a good big man and very deep bench.. Ironton will finish 3rd by bullying weaker teams,,Physical play....

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

So how tall is Loveday? He stood out nicely playing his trombone in the band lol. He looks 7’0 to me. 7’2 or 7’3 wouldcertwinly add to the problem of playing against him.

How about Terry kid? Has he grown?

Reds Fan
JV Team

Post by Reds Fan »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:26 pm So how tall is Loveday? He stood out nicely playing his trombone in the band lol. He looks 7’0 to me. 7’2 or 7’3 wouldcertwinly add to the problem of playing against him.

How about Terry kid? Has he grown?
I've heard loveday is right at 7 foot and the Terry kid I believe is 6'10

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I like Athens in the 8 spot.
Coach Cozart has a lot of different personalities and players with much different skill sets. If he can make it all mesh and manage those personalties - dogs will be in and around the top 8 all year.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

93Bulldog wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:30 pm I like Athens in the 8 spot.
Coach Cozart has a lot of different personalities and players with much different skill sets. If he can make it all mesh and manage those personalties - dogs will be in and around the top 8 all year.
I think he turned that corner last year. Team bought in and had, size, skill and length necessary to make zone work and score enough points. I might have them up a spot or two

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Right now I’d guess

1. Logan
2. Gallia Academy
3. Sheridan
4. Chillicothe
5. Warren Local
6. Athens
7. Waverly
8. Jackson...if Davis plays and Yates returns in January, with Cooper Donaldson, Caleb Wallis, Caden Donaldson, Braxton Hammond....I think Jackson can be about 5th

Reds Fan
JV Team

Post by Reds Fan »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:18 pm Right now I’d guess

1. Logan
2. Gallia Academy
3. Sheridan
4. Chillicothe
5. Warren Local
6. Athens
7. Waverly
8. Jackson...if Davis plays and Yates returns in January, with Cooper Donaldson, Caleb Wallis, Caden Donaldson, Braxton Hammond....I think Jackson can be about 5th
is it a 50/50 chance that they play? or will it take some serious convincing to get the boys on the hardwood? but I agree if they do play Jackson will be problem for people. having to play a good Jackson team at home will keep coaches up at night thinking of ways to escape with a win.

Sportsman
Riding the Bench

Post by Sportsman »

How is Wheelersburg not in the TOP 8?

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Reds Fan wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:01 am

1. Logan
2. Gallia Academy
3. Sheridan
4. Chillicothe
5. Warren Local
6. Athens
7. Waverly
is it a 50/50 chance that they play? or will it take some serious convincing to get the boys on the hardwood? but I agree if they do play Jackson will be problem for people. having to play a good Jackson team at home will keep coaches up at night thinking of ways to escape with a win.
I understand the Yates kid is hurt, why if they don't want to play, is it that important to have to beg them to play? Just asking,know very little about Jackson basketball.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

VetteMan wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:55 pm
Reds Fan wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:01 am

1. Logan
2. Gallia Academy
3. Sheridan
4. Chillicothe
5. Warren Local
6. Athens
7. Waverly
I understand the Yates kid is hurt, why if they don't want to play, is it that important to have to beg them to play? Just asking,know very little about Jackson basketball.
I don’t know the answers. If a kid doesn’t want to play it doesn’t affect me at all. I don’t know the Yates family. If Nevan plays he will certainly help. If his injury/doesn’t want to play keeps him from playing I wish him well and an enjoyable last 6 months to his high school years. I know Treylan pretty well. Great kid and have always enjoyed his performances in sports. If he plays it’ll be fun to watch he and his team....if he doesn’t play I imagine he will bulk himself up to a potential D1 caliber football recruit...that would be awesome for him.

Make no mistake though....Jackson is going to be a formidable opponent capable of beating everyone on their schedule. Jackson is taller and longer than normal and are now a team that looks like a basketball team full of basketball players. Jackson should be able to play several different styles this year. Should be a fun season, can’t wait!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

:) Good news out of Jackson

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:23 pm :) Good news out of Jackson
I92 !!! wellllllllllllllllllll !!! LOL ... Did I win the Lottery !!!!!!!!! yesssssssssssssss ! free parking for all going to Jackson games for the entire basketball season !!!!! LOL ... but seriously folks ... what IS the good news from the Land of the Ironmen ?

Return to “Boys Basketball”