Western Brown 42 Jackson 36

Poo Bear
SEOP

Re: Western Brown 42 Jackson 36

Post by Poo Bear »

Otto wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:07 pm This guy sure knows how to shake the pom-poms for Jackson. 7th grade team? LOL. What's next, you gonna tell us all about the pee wee super bowl team? Hilarious. And all this is AFTER losing to an 0-3 team. Has to be a parent, 'cause objectivity went out the window a long time ago.
Yeah he’s brought some life to the Jackson thread. But 0-3 or not western Brown could play and their qb was good

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Josh Taylor had 408 yards passing and 4 TD and 148 yards rushing and 2 more TD

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:23 pm Josh Taylor had 408 yards passing and 4 TD and 148 yards rushing and 2 more TD
Looked like baker mayfield

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:23 pm Josh Taylor had 408 yards passing and 4 TD and 148 yards rushing and 2 more TD
WOW...very impressive has to be candidate for player of the week easily. Yet an individual on here wants to blame the refs... :lol: :lol:

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

That is a lot of offense for one guy to be responsible for - what was WB total offensive numbers?

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I've been told over the years that it is always hard for any defense to really play good passing defense in the secondary, if you are not used to practicing everyday against a passing offense. I'm not taking anything away from the WB quarterback,as no doubt he was a very good all around athlete. I'm also not saying that Jackson's QB is not a good passer. I'm just saying that Jackson is mostly a running football team, and that there defense doesn't usually practice as much again'st passing.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

VetteMan wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:47 pm I've been told over the years that it is always hard for any defense to really play good passing defense in the secondary, if you are not used to practicing everyday against a passing offense. I'm not taking anything away from the WB quarterback,as no doubt he was a very good all around athlete. I'm also not saying that Jackson's QB is not a good passer. I'm just saying that Jackson is mostly a running football team, and that there defense doesn't usually practice as much again'st passing.
This is true but they do work a lot of 7-7 which I know isn't the same, but you still do work passing drills and coverage. Plus there's other factors in play with the passing game, pass rush, although still no excuse for him rushing for 148 on top of that. Better team won that night plain and simple and now Jackson has to travel down to Burg to take on another team that has the athletes to spread them out and pass if they so choose.

Mike
Waterboy

Post by Mike »

VetteMan wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:47 pm I've been told over the years that it is always hard for any defense to really play good passing defense in the secondary, if you are not used to practicing everyday against a passing offense. I'm not taking anything away from the WB quarterback,as no doubt he was a very good all around athlete. I'm also not saying that Jackson's QB is not a good passer. I'm just saying that Jackson is mostly a running football team, and that there defense doesn't usually practice as much again'st passing.
I think jackson’s QB is a much better passer than he’s allowed to show because of Jackson being such a run mentality oriented atmosphere.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Mike wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:19 pm
I think jackson’s QB is a much better passer than he’s allowed to show because of Jackson being such a run mentality oriented atmosphere.
He’s probably being recruited for burg next year.

Charles Farquar
JV Team

Post by Charles Farquar »

As far as the Jackson defense not seeing much in the way of passing in practice because their own team is run oriented is not the way things work. All football teams prepare each week for what they see. The Jackson defense sees reps of the opposing teams best plays in that weeks preparations. It's difficult for the scout team to simulate the speed and skill of an athlete like the Western Brown qb. You do the best you can do and work the fundamentals. A coach that was a successful high school coach and later coached at Ohio State a guy by the name of Combs once said in defending a good empty spread team if the QB is an athlete and can both pass and run and he is on the money that night you are going to lose no matter how good the defense. I got an education coaching on a team that had to play Matty Mauk at Kenton. It's different everything you thought you knew about defense goes out the window the QB is hard to get to and they eventually get mismatches of their better athletes on your weaker ones. You cant load the box and you cant blitz your way out of it. If you dont see it often it's hard to find answers. That being said the same offense can look pretty ugly without having the right trigger man and supporting cast. Jackson kids have always been hard nosed kids that have expected to win. Jackson's strength has always been it's blocking and running game that's who they are hardnosed blue collar kids and coaches that word hard to prepare them.

Ironmen#2588
Freshman Team

Re: Jackson (3-0) vs Western Brown (0-3)

Post by Ironmen#2588 »

Raiderball wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:29 pm I'm not taking sides in this but just want to add a comment on the comments about scheduling cupcakes... Many of those schools mentioned that Jackson schedules were not regular season games. Those were playoff teams. Gallia can throw out some pretty strong teams they've faced in the playoffs also. Let's not forget, it's not been that long ago when Jackson opened the season with the gauntlet of Wellston, Waverly and VC.
Ironmen#2588 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:43 am
Poo Bear wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:40 pm Jackson needs to find an identity on offense . They leaned on the power run game when the chips were down last night and it paid off. Jackson has some bruising backs but they need to be going down hill. Not really shifty runners who acccelerate quickly . I like the T with Haller , spires , yates , graham , parks , and even Landrum and Evans getting carries out of the backfield . Defense was solid as always last night . But Jackson def needs to clean its game up moving forward. Western Brown will have athletes and good size . Jackson’s line is young and inexperienced after replacing 4 seniors , but they are keeping their heads above water and really stepped up on the 99 yard drive . I’ll say the Ironmen move to 4-0 next Friday !
I agree, they need a identity but then again they need a steady solid offensive. It would be very nice to have them be able to spread it out and have a air raid down the field or have the T formation and just run it down your throat. makes it hard and difficult for teams to prepare because you don’t know really what jackson will do come Friday.
Jackson with the T formation with haller, Graham, spires/Yates. That’s solid. Haller carried the load on the final drive against gallia. Just put the team on his back, I think it opened the coaches eyes that he needs to have the ball in his hands the rest of the season more often after that game performance. Ice has a good arm and he can toss it, we have plenty of play makers.
The defense is stout, few things need fixing but not much. I’d hate to be any team jackson faces from now until the end of the season if Jackson is running on all cylinders at 100%. this team is so athletic and talented, they are a sleeping giant waiting to explode.
Playoffs
Col. Bexley
Col. DeSales
Col. Independence
Jonathan Alder
Eaton
Athens
Bishop Watterson
Zanesville

Regular Season
Athens
Granville
Cin. Winton Woods
Wheelersburg
Cabell Midland(WV)
West Jefferson
London
Wash. Court House
Miami Trace
Hillsboro
Chillicothe
St. Charles
Logan
Ironton
Zanesville

All those teams are cupcakes Jackson has played over the years in regular season and playoffs the past few years. My point is that during regular season and playoffs Jackson plays tougher competition. Because they want to and try to schedule tougher teams each year. Pretty sure waverly isn’t a bad program to play. they are a worthy team worth playing, there has been good games against waverly. Wellston and VC haven’t given Jackson competition since the 90’s. How many other schools around Jackson other than Burg, Chillicothe, and Athens would think of scheduling schedule Cabell midland, Winton Woods, St. Charles, Gransville and others that Jackson has? Would gallia schedule any of those schools?

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Re: Jackson (3-0) vs Western Brown (0-3)

Post by Raiderball »

I'm an outsider just looking in. More than half of those regular season games you boast about playing were league games. Gallia would have played most of them also... Athens, Logan, Ironton, Zanesville and Chillicothe. I know they have played Dayton CJ, Kettering Alter, Lisbon Beaver and New Albany in playoffs. Someone from Gallia more knowledgable of their scheduling would have to expand on this.
Ironmen#2588 wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:55 pm
Raiderball wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:29 pm I'm not taking sides in this but just want to add a comment on the comments about scheduling cupcakes... Many of those schools mentioned that Jackson schedules were not regular season games. Those were playoff teams. Gallia can throw out some pretty strong teams they've faced in the playoffs also. Let's not forget, it's not been that long ago when Jackson opened the season with the gauntlet of Wellston, Waverly and VC.
Ironmen#2588 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:43 am

I agree, they need a identity but then again they need a steady solid offensive. It would be very nice to have them be able to spread it out and have a air raid down the field or have the T formation and just run it down your throat. makes it hard and difficult for teams to prepare because you don’t know really what jackson will do come Friday.
Jackson with the T formation with haller, Graham, spires/Yates. That’s solid. Haller carried the load on the final drive against gallia. Just put the team on his back, I think it opened the coaches eyes that he needs to have the ball in his hands the rest of the season more often after that game performance. Ice has a good arm and he can toss it, we have plenty of play makers.
The defense is stout, few things need fixing but not much. I’d hate to be any team jackson faces from now until the end of the season if Jackson is running on all cylinders at 100%. this team is so athletic and talented, they are a sleeping giant waiting to explode.
Playoffs
Col. Bexley
Col. DeSales
Col. Independence
Jonathan Alder
Eaton
Athens
Bishop Watterson
Zanesville

Regular Season
Athens
Granville
Cin. Winton Woods
Wheelersburg
Cabell Midland(WV)
West Jefferson
London
Wash. Court House
Miami Trace
Hillsboro
Chillicothe
St. Charles
Logan
Ironton
Zanesville

All those teams are cupcakes Jackson has played over the years in regular season and playoffs the past few years. My point is that during regular season and playoffs Jackson plays tougher competition. Because they want to and try to schedule tougher teams each year. Pretty sure waverly isn’t a bad program to play. they are a worthy team worth playing, there has been good games against waverly. Wellston and VC haven’t given Jackson competition since the 90’s. How many other schools around Jackson other than Burg, Chillicothe, and Athens would think of scheduling schedule Cabell midland, Winton Woods, St. Charles, Gransville and others that Jackson has? Would gallia schedule any of those schools?

Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

countywide35 wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:24 pm
Western Brown just got rolled by Massie 70-0. Yes you read that right.

What happened to the QB who was supposed to be Baker Mayfield? :lol:

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Otto wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:48 pm

Clinton Massie would whoop every team in the district.

Baker Mayfield will lose almost every week this season. Glad you enjoyed yourself.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Didn’t waverly just lose to burg 50-0?
6-0 lol 😂

Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:53 pm

Baker Mayfield will lose almost every week this season. Glad you enjoyed yourself.
You missed my point.

Truth is, the kid was never really that good. He only looked amazing against a weak Jackson defense.

tiger85
Waterboy

Post by tiger85 »

He who jumps to conclusions has hard landings.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Otto wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:09 am
Ironman92 wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:53 pm

You missed my point.

Truth is, the kid was never really that good. He only looked amazing against a weak Jackson defense.
By chance were you at that game?

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

Some young teams might just be better after a bad beat. If you think we are that team now you are in for a tough day. Looks like going toe to toe with burg wasn’t a fluke either. We roughed up the champs and haven’t looked back. I can see how you might think this. So they would beat us by 80 good logic!

Return to “Football”