Both teams Combined O/U 1200 Total Offense

O/U Total Combined Score 90

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Beergogglebluez
SE

Re: O/U Lambiotte, Parker, Portsmouth @ Fairland

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Parker gets 2000 next Friday. He’s 350 or 360 away. I think 90 points or more between the 2 teams.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
StolenTalents12
Freshman Team

Post by StolenTalents12 »

Portsmouth will run all over Fairland, Fairland will pass all over Portsmouth. First one to make a mistake loses.
Should be high scoring I’ll say 42-40 fairland.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

92-90 pick the winner, lol.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Anyone know lambiottes stats last night vs south point?

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

darn!!! Reminds me of a MNF game way back when I was a youngin'....Buffalo with OJ vs Cincy and the Ken Anderson west coast passing attack...Simpson got his 200 yds but Anderson threw for 300+ and the Bengals won if I remember correctly...I'll make a prediction later

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
Yikes
Riding the Bench

Post by Yikes »

Fairland is @ Portsmouth I believe.

Firebreather
Freshman Team

Post by Firebreather »

This is a Saturday game right? No It will end sometime Saturday morning! Portsmouth 63 Fairland 56

Riding the Bench

Post by 645945 »

I’ll take the under on 450 passing

The over on the 320 rushing

The under on total 1200

The under on 90 but not by much.

If the o/u on total points were 80 I would take the over, but that wasn’t the question.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: Portsmouth @ Fairland

Post by VetteMan »

Is the game at Portsmouth, and is it a Saturday Night game?

Beergogglebluez
SE

Friday at Portsmouth. With it being a shootout it could last into Saturday lol.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

My prediction here is Fairland, one reason is Fairland is 4-3 thus a winning record, and Portsmouth has only beat one team in years with a winning record.So it will be high scoring and Fairland will put up a lot of points but Portsmouth will not match the final output of Fairland. Seems like Portsmouth puts up big numbers against inferior opponents but against a decent team fails to produce a stop on defense but this is a high scoring game. fairland beat a good Athens team also and scored 20 some on Ironton.

sportsjunky22
Waterboy

Post by sportsjunky22 »

This will be a shootout. Whoever misses a PAT or 2 point conversion will lose.

Yukntny
Waterboy

Post by Yukntny »

There won’t be much defense on the field in this one. If you like offense this is your game to see this week.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Fairland can’t stop the run. Reading and seeing them they are good against pass defenses. Portsmouth doesn’t pass. And Parker will have a field day. Lambiotte will be the best qb they see this year. He can throw and will be there main runner. There receivers are really good. There line is not. I’m interested in the Trojans defense especially the pass. They haven’t been challenged in the air. Very little. It will come down to who scores first and who makes the least amount of turnovers. Converting kicks and 2 point attempts will be crucial. Can’t miss any of try to dig out of a hole. I think the Trojans pull it out. They will run the ball very effectively. And could use it to burn a lot of clock.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

With the Trojan defense collapsing the last 2 weeks, and a high octane pass offense like Fairland coming to Portsmouth on Friday, once again the PHS offense will be asked to score a lot of points to win the game. Fairland's defense hasn't been anything to brag about, so this game should be in the 28-40 range for both teams. Beergogglebluez is right, the Trojans haven't been tested by a really good passing attack, so this could spell trouble for their secondary. Of course, one way to defend the pass is to harass the QB, so it will be up to the D-line to put pressure on Lambiotte and make him hurry throws, throw on the run, or sack him. If they don't do any of those 3 things, and let the Dragon QB eat a ham sandwich(in other words, giving him a lot of time) behind the line, the Green and White will score and often.

As beergogglebluez said also correctly, ball control will be very important for Portsmouth. The PHS offense will go as far as Talyn Parker will take them. He is a remarkable back in that probably 80-90% of the Portsmouth offense is run through him, and yet he has put some incredible numbers despite defenses knowing what's coming. One other positive aspect of the Trojans' play of late is that they have kept the number of penalties down considerably.

PrimeTime made a good point about Portsmouth having struggled against teams with winning record. In fact, the Trojans have beaten only 1 team with a winning record from 2016-present, that being Rock Hill(6-4) in 2016 33-32. Also, of PHS's 3 losses, 2 have come at home, with the Trojans only scoring a total of 7 points in those games.

This is a great opportunity for PHS to not only get to 2 games over .500, but also keep themselves in the hunt for that elusive 8th spot in the region. A win would also guarantee that Portsmouth will not have a losing season for the 3rd year in a row.

Portsmouth can win this game, but the defense has got to SHOW UP!! GO TROJANS!!! DEFEND THE TROJAN COLISEUM!!!

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I'm going to take PHS in a barnburner. It won't surprise me at all if both teams surpass 50pts.

StolenTalents12
Freshman Team

Post by StolenTalents12 »

Throughout the season Fairlands run D has looked good for the first Quarter- quarter and a half of games. Mid way through the 2nd quarter- the end of the game they have been awful. If they can get a few stops early and put up points while making a couple stops they have a chance but either way this is going to be a very close game.

buckeyenation
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyenation »

Parker could break 2000 this week if he gets 30 carries

Matt77
Varsity

Post by Matt77 »

From what I’ve read I’m not sure if any of these defenses can stop each other. Portsmouth scores last and wins. 54-51

Return to “Football”