Wheelersburg 49 Minford 0

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Re: WK 8: Minford (6-1) @ Wheelersburg (6-1)

Post by OHHS old timer »

Burg just need to take it one quarter...one game at a time. You are the best the SEO as far as I'm concerned.
That being said....

Burg wins BIGLY!!!

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
Wburgfan
Waterboy

Post by Wburgfan »

JTEK wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:28 pm Back to this game. Burg needs to quit running there qb in games where they don’t need him to run. He had no reason to run last night. There is no Dyer or Lowery to step in this year. He goes down burg will not have a very deep playoff run.
Trent is a tough kid, I mean he did play half a football game on a broken leg. Wheelersburg has struggled with their run game for a few years and when you don’t have the power back like Carmichael you need to find ways to run the ball. The option makes it challenging for defenses to key on one player so I this is why they are utilizes the qb in that fashion. Running him in games that they don’t need him to is to give them real game practice. It’s much better to give the players the feel of reading ends and lb during real game situations rather than practice.

LOMBARDI9.9
Riding the Bench

Post by LOMBARDI9.9 »

Minford did not look good at all in pre season and that is only time I saw them. They must be a lot better than when I saw them..Wish they could pull off the upset but Burg takes this one.

Burgfan/grad85
Freshman Team

Post by Burgfan/grad85 »

Looking forward to this week's game Burg should win pretty handily. Minford non conference schedule is pretty weak. West is the only descent team they have played and they played them pretty tough so with that being said this Fridays game just might be close !not! Lol GO BURG!

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

I don't see minford winning a conference game.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

packers80 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:14 am I don't see minford winning a conference game.
Really? Not even Valley?

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Nope. That one will come down to coaching. Give Valley the edge there.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Burgfan/grad85 wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:24 pm Looking forward to this week's game Burg should win pretty handily. Minford non conference schedule is pretty weak. West is the only descent team they have played and they played them pretty tough so with that being said this Fridays game just might be close !not! Lol GO BURG!
It was in mud and west just ran right at them with west dominating the line of scrimmage. West only threw around 3 passes. West QB didn’t play hurt.4 QB sneaks for too many yards and one for a 55 yard TD. I went and watched that game and west had their way. The score didn’t show how bad it really was. As for the Vinton County game Minford scored 2 defense TD’s late in 4th against a backup QB. That’s what I read on another post. I really don’t see a game but that’s why we played them! Minford lost their best runningback for the year but that wouldn’t make much difference because it’s played up front. West pushed Minford D line 3-5 yards backwards most the night.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:43 pm
packers80 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:14 am I don't see minford winning a conference game.
Really? Not even Valley?
Minford first 5 games was weak as they were number one in region but kept winning just to keep falling down. The region is weak from 7 down, when u see teams with 5-2 or 4-3 in top 8 and not play anybody with winning records? I said early on Minford should go 5-0 only to have 3 W’s and the two V’s left and would go 5-5 or 6-4. Vinton started a freshman QB and Minford scored two defensive scores late in game to win 28-21. That’s what was told. Vinton only has 6 seniors on team. West I went to that game and west pushed Minford Dline around most the night. West ran 4 QB sneaks for huge yards one being around 55 yard TD. The field was mud and slick too. West just lined up and ran right at Minford. West only threw maybe 3 times with a backup QB, Bradford was hurt didn’t play. Minford fans keep saying they have many starters out but I only know one Wiget runningback. That isn’t going to make a difference it’s the line play. But anything can happen that’s why we play the games!!

BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

Post by BondRoad Bandit »

14U wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:44 pm
Really? Not even Valley?
Minford first 5 games was weak as they were number one in region but kept winning just to keep falling down. The region is weak from 7 down, when u see teams with 5-2 or 4-3 in top 8 and not play anybody with winning records? I said early on Minford should go 5-0 only to have 3 W’s and the two V’s left and would go 5-5 or 6-4. Vinton started a freshman QB and Minford scored two defensive scores late in game to win 28-21. That’s what was told. Vinton only has 6 seniors on team. West I went to that game and west pushed Minford Dline around most the night. West ran 4 QB sneaks for huge yards one being around 55 yard TD. The field was mud and slick too. West just lined up and ran right at Minford. West only threw maybe 3 times with a backup QB, Bradford was hurt didn’t play. Minford fans keep saying they have many starters out but I only know one Wiget runningback. That isn’t going to make a difference it’s the line play. But anything can happen that’s why we play the games!!
You sure love to talk crap about minford haha it’s every week with you minford has 6 starters hurt right now so if you don’t know then speak on it. Would it make that big of a difference no. But they will show up n play to the best of Their abilities and you act like scoring defensive touchdowns are a bad thing and the Vinton county game was a bad game but the Refs were the worst I’ve seen in years they kept Vinton close with phantom P.I calls.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Minford at full strength would’ve made this more fun to watch. They did beat Oak Hill pretty good.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

BondRoad Bandit wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:27 pm

Really? Not even Valley?
You sure love to talk crap about minford haha it’s every week with you minford has 6 starters hurt right now so if you don’t know then speak on it. Would it make that big of a difference no. But they will show up n play to the best of Their abilities and you act like scoring defensive touchdowns are a bad thing and the Vinton county game was a bad game but the Refs were the worst I’ve seen in years they kept Vinton close with phantom P.I calls.
I don’t talk crap just what I’ve seen while watching them this year. So it’s not crap when it’s true. As for refs I heard they were bad and defense TD’s are great to have never said it wasn’t. I was referring to a freshman QB that made mistakes when pressure hit him. I have my opinions and you have urs. Who is missing? Because the same starters have played when I watched them with Wiget getting tackled and came off field in pain. Hurt to me is not playing and if they’re playing they’re fine. Everybody is a little banged up, it’s football and you play through it.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Burg with the win. Minford having a pretty good year record wise, they just are not quite good enough to be able to play and defeat Wheelersburg. That's nothing to be ashamed of, neither are 99% of the other schools in SEO.

BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

14U wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:25 pm

I don’t talk crap just what I’ve seen while watching them this year. So it’s not crap when it’s true. As for refs I heard they were bad and defense TD’s are great to have never said it wasn’t. I was referring to a freshman QB that made mistakes when pressure hit him. I have my opinions and you have urs. Who is missing? Because the same starters have played when I watched them with Wiget getting tackled and came off field in pain. Hurt to me is not playing and if they’re playing they’re fine. Everybody is a little banged up, it’s football and you play through it.
Wiget, Crank, Walker, Skaggs, Veach, Miller who tried to play through it but left the game and didn’t return Friday. That’s not even the starters who are hurt from the beginning of the year including one of the best players in the area in Darius Jordan, then Reid Shultz, Levi Martin both had to have off-season surgery that put them out. So
Yeah it’s 6 starters.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Really? Not even Valley?
Go watch the film. The PI calls were all legit but 1 and there were two they didn’t call that should’ve been. VC isn’t as bad as their record. Good luck to minford this week.

BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

Dundas wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:34 pm

Go watch the film. The PI calls were all legit but 1 and there were two they didn’t call that should’ve been. VC isn’t as bad as their record. Good luck to minford this week.
You do know there isn’t face guarding in high school and there was zero contact so no they weren’t legit. Go watch the film yourself there was only one that should’ve have been and they didn’t call it and the kid caught it. But this is getting off subject, good luck to burg and the falcons hopefully everyone comes out injury free.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

packers80 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:49 pm Nope. That one will come down to coaching. Give Valley the edge there.
Cant give the coaching edge to a coach who quit Friday night. Sorry. Just the way it is.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

I'll give it to Crabtree until this guy at minford wins a few soc titles and some playoff games.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

The way it is, excuse me, is Crabtree has a nice resume and has done more with less for 20 plus years. How many coaches can say that in the soc? They've been relevant for a long time. Minford, um, hasn't. Just the way it is.....

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

BondRoad Bandit wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:39 pm
Dundas wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:34 pm

You do know there isn’t face guarding in high school and there was zero contact so no they weren’t legit. Go watch the film yourself there was only one that should’ve have been and they didn’t call it and the kid caught it. But this is getting off subject, good luck to burg and the falcons hopefully everyone comes out injury free.
I’ve watched it several times.

Return to “Football”