2018/19 Adena Warriors viewtopic.php?f=4&t=69667
2018/19 Huntington Huntsmen viewtopic.php?f=4&t=69668
2018/19 Paint Valley Bearcats viewtopic.php?f=4&t=69669
2018/19 Piketon Redstreaks viewtopic.php?f=4&t=69670
2018/19 Southeastern Panthers viewtopic.php?f=4&t=69671
2018/19 Unioto Sherman viewtopic.php?f=4&t=69672
2018/19 Westfall Mustangs viewtopic.php?f=4&t=69673
2018/19 Zane Trace Pioneers viewtopic.php?f=4&t=69674

Interested on thoughts of upcoming season. When does the U’s streak come to an end? Hearing this is the pioneers title to lose! Maybe the panthers have a mixture of veterans and youth to make a run?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: SVC 2018-19 season

Post by danicalifornia »

It’ll be an interesting season, that’s for sure.

Zane Trace is the favorite, but Beam was a major part of their success last year and O’dell’s length and shooting will be missed as well. Evans, Davidson, Johnson, Nesser, Rothe, Swain, Lambert (x2) will be a big problem for the rest of the league over the next 2 seasons.

I don’t see the Southeastern push as much as I’ve been hearing, but Ruby is outstanding and Wheeler really came on strong to end last year. They relied on Hartman to score a ton late in the season a year ago and if they can find someone to fill his shooting (Gillum?), then I could see it a bit more.

Piketon has to replace a crazy high usage rate that they had with Perdue, but they’ve got the athletes and Blanton can really play, so that could be their go-to scorer that they need. Also, had a nice JV squad that should provide them with depth as well.

Paint Valley will be solid. Obviously, you take a big step back when you lose the all time leading scorer in Ross County/SVC history, but the cupboard isn’t bare. 4 returning starters, but like last year, depth could be an issue.

Look out for Adena. Their style is different and they were super young last year. Fout is a POY candidate and Garrison was awesome the 2nd half of his freshman season. If the sophomores can make a big leap, watch out.

Huntington has 3 really nice pieces, plus a couple of shooters, just little depth. But, if McCloskey gets going, they can be a lot to deal with. They will be improved.

Westfall lost their only ball handler, but returns everyone else. Wyman can flat out shoot it. Likely will be another rough season for the Mustangs.

I think overall, the league will be better to the bottom of the league, while the top won’t be as strong.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

danicalifornia: I see your assessment of the 2018-2019 SVC did not include your Shermans. What's the outlook for the Purple and Gold?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

trojandave wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:35 pm danicalifornia: I see your assessment of the 2018-2019 SVC did not include your Shermans. What's the outlook for the Purple and Gold?
Young, but should be interesting. Also, we will be short in stature for the first time in 7-8 years. But, I think we will be fun to watch and will really get after people defensively. Early season might be the time to get us, because of how many new roles we will be filling.

In reality, we lost 2 of our top 5 players in school history and 2 others who were major contributors in a class that won 89 out of 100 games, so it would make sense to take a major step back. The returners have worked hard though and after the dead period ends, I’m sure will be putting in a lot of time to try and maintain the success we’ve had recently.

rickc
Waterboy

Post by rickc »

I have heard that the Lambert twins will be at Unioto this year.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

danicalifornia wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:36 am It’ll be an interesting season, that’s for sure.

Zane Trace is the favorite, but Beam was a major part of their success last year and O’dell’s length and shooting will be missed as well. Evans, Davidson, Johnson, Nesser, Rothe, Swain, Lambert (x2) will be a big problem for the rest of the league over the next 2 seasons.

I don’t see the Southeastern push as much as I’ve been hearing, but Ruby is outstanding and Wheeler really came on strong to end last year. They relied on Hartman to score a ton late in the season a year ago and if they can find someone to fill his shooting (Gillum?), then I could see it a bit more.

Piketon has to replace a crazy high usage rate that they had with Perdue, but they’ve got the athletes and Blanton can really play, so that could be their go-to scorer that they need. Also, had a nice JV squad that should provide them with depth as well.

Paint Valley will be solid. Obviously, you take a big step back when you lose the all time leading scorer in Ross County/SVC history, but the cupboard isn’t bare. 4 returning starters, but like last year, depth could be an issue.

Look out for Adena. Their style is different and they were super young last year. Fout is a POY candidate and Garrison was awesome the 2nd half of his freshman season. If the sophomores can make a big leap, watch out.

Huntington has 3 really nice pieces, plus a couple of shooters, just little depth. But, if McCloskey gets going, they can be a lot to deal with. They will be improved.

Westfall lost their only ball handler, but returns everyone else. Wyman can flat out shoot it. Likely will be another rough season for the Mustangs.

I think overall, the league will be better to the bottom of the league, while the top won’t be as strong.

Good rundown of the conference and I agree with you about Westfall. Tough time for boys sports outside of wrestling right now in Pherson.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

danicalifornia wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:02 pm
trojandave wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:35 pm danicalifornia: I see your assessment of the 2018-2019 SVC did not include your Shermans. What's the outlook for the Purple and Gold?
Young, but should be interesting. Also, we will be short in stature for the first time in 7-8 years. But, I think we will be fun to watch and will really get after people defensively. Early season might be the time to get us, because of how many new roles we will be filling.

In reality, we lost 2 of our top 5 players in school history and 2 others who were major contributors in a class that won 89 out of 100 games, so it would make sense to take a major step back. The returners have worked hard though and after the dead period ends, I’m sure will be putting in a lot of time to try and maintain the success we’ve had recently.

It’s definitely ZT season to lose but I still think Unioto finishes top 3 in the league this year.

I do think Piketon will surprise a few teams this year as well. Have nobody that can replace the scoring of Perdue. Blanton is solid and Lightle will be a 3 year starter and has had a good summer. Also throw in Little who will Have to share more of the scoring load this year and some solid juniors who got minutes last year and were on an 18-2 JV team and we should finish somewhere in the top half!

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Adena has a couple Freshman, in Clay Wilt and Dillon McDonald that could make an impact along with a special Sophomore class. Add in Fout and Foglesong, and I can see them making some noise.

SE also has a very nice Freshman class that we could see make an impact this year.

River Road Rascal
Waterboy

Post by River Road Rascal »

Bare with me; I’m knew to this. But I just wanna say that Piketon Redstreaks gonna go all the way this year again. I don’t every miss a game and last year I was so proud of my good friend, Coach Legging. I’ll say it hear first, Strikes are gonna back to the Concentration Center over at Ohio State. Go Streaks!

“You are not a Rascal unless you can drive one”.

AnkleBraces
Freshman Team

Post by AnkleBraces »

Zane Trace is the heavy favorite, but don't think theh have as much depth as some might think. I think they will go as their PG goes. Unioto will lack the superior athletes this year so we will see how Coach Hoops can do. Piketon and PV are teams to watch I think. Heard Blanton scored 25 in a half against Chillicothe this summer so he might be able to replace some of the scoring of Perdue. I would expect them to be better on defense and have 10-12 legit varsity players. Paint Valley will have a lot of experiments and I think they are going to just continue the success from football straight onto the hardwood. Adena will be a fun team to watch and might be a really solid team the end of the year. SE and H will go as Ruby mccloskey go. Westfall will be better than expected. Overall SVC will be fun to watch and should compete out of conference

River Road Rascal
Waterboy

Ankle brackets,Sounds like SVC gonna be tight as my vowels. Is it true that Unioto getting all these transferrables? Going to be fun to see how Paint Valley looks after they ran out of their Shoes. My nephew tells me that the Streaks been having great open gyms and several kids have gone taller and bigger. If I can get my axle fixed on my ride, I’m gonna go up to the Arse hardware start working on my yard sign. Rough gettin acoss 23 on a rascal pulling a trailer. Like playin frogger on my tari.

“No alfalfa, no spankie, no buckwheat...only one Rascal!”

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

The twins going to Unioto made a lot of ZT people happy from what I heard. Not because of the boys. Good luck Unioto coaches.

25th Street NW
Varsity

Post by 25th Street NW »

The SVC should be pretty good in basketball this winter.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

AnkleBraces wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:04 pm Zane Trace is the heavy favorite, but don't think theh have as much depth as some might think. I think they will go as their PG goes. Unioto will lack the superior athletes this year so we will see how Coach Hoops can do. Piketon and PV are teams to watch I think. Heard Blanton scored 25 in a half against Chillicothe this summer so he might be able to replace some of the scoring of Perdue. I would expect them to be better on defense and have 10-12 legit varsity players. Paint Valley will have a lot of experiments and I think they are going to just continue the success from football straight onto the hardwood. Adena will be a fun team to watch and might be a really solid team the end of the year. SE and H will go as Ruby mccloskey go. Westfall will be better than expected. Overall SVC will be fun to watch and should compete out of conference

Oh boy

Super Nacho Supreme
Waterboy

Post by Super Nacho Supreme »

Boys I’m ready for a super nachos supreem accompanied wit a ice cold pepsee and some good ole basketball on the hard wood!! Piketon’s gonna have Little, Blanton, Reader and Lightle who all starters at one time or another last year. Throw in the Nichols kid who has com along nicely from what I hear at the river side restaurant which bye the way has a must eat dish called “ THE TRAIN WRECK “. Nichols is nasty defensive type guy who gets to the rim on O as well. Reader will be able to face up the rim this year do to the size coming up frame the JV. Guys like Harris, Mathews, Chandler and Jones all ranging in the 6’3” to 6’5” who will be able to protect the paint better than last years team was able. In short my point is 4 returning start with bigs in the middle means the SVC will be a TRAIN WRECK after the Streaks roll through Ross county. Not sure how ya all can over look the Streaks again. I know at least D Webb won’t be around to over look us again! Heard he’s writing for Athens Chronicle now days covering OU Bobcats up there in Athens. So good luck to all the SVC teams and bring on the SUPER NACHOS SUPREEM.

Streaks6106
Waterboy

Post by Streaks6106 »

Officially basketball season. Time to get this thread fired up again!! What’s everyone’s thoughts on the league after the recent U transfer coming from Piketon?

River Road Rascal
Waterboy

Bouys I don’t think that rumors true. No way the Hoops Coach would risk OSHA investigates with multiples of transfarts. If that is true what I hard at the football game, pretty fittin. Can’t wait to see this Redstreak team this year! Got me new set of mudders on my 289 minirascal; extra set of chains for deep snows. Never miss my nefews game. He said they looking real good in open gymnasiums. SVC better get ready cause the Oven gonna get real hard!

mlittle
SEOP

Re: 2018/19 SVC (Predictions, POY Talk, Scheules & More)

Post by mlittle »

I’m struggling with the top 5 outside of Zane Trace.

I really think Adena will finish top 3 though, and your player of the year comes from either ZT in Evans or Adena’s Fout.

My preseason 1st team

Fout
Evans
Mcclosky
Newland
Ruby

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

I have heard rumors of some transfers for the Tanks , Can anyone confirm ? Season is a coming quick !!!!!!

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Truth&fiction wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:49 am I have heard rumors of some transfers for the Tanks , Can anyone confirm ? Season is a coming quick !!!!!!
It’s the truth & fiction

Return to “Boys Basketball”