Southeast District - Tournament Seeding/Brackets (Updated)

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Southeast District - Tournament Seeding/Brackets (Updated)

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

Last edited by Tri-StateYouthSports on Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Southeast District - Tournament Seeding

Post by TAR HEEL FAN 44 »

How did Wheelersburg girls get a #2 seed?? Should be a great District final between Lynchburg vs Wheelersburg if they both get there.

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

Some of the coaches ballots are a joke. Maybe if the District posted them, the antics would stop.

Some districts drop the high and low score. I am almost certain that the SE District does not.

Post by ndc soccer »

TAR HEEL FAN 44 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:36 pm How did Wheelersburg girls get a #2 seed?? Should be a great District final between Lynchburg vs Wheelersburg if they both get there.
I would say since Alexander beat them 4-1, that would be a factor why. I would also say schedule. Alexander plays a lot of D2 teams.

stacey7722
Freshman Team

Post by stacey7722 »

TAR HEEL FAN 44 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:36 pm How did Wheelersburg girls get a #2 seed?? Should be a great District final between Lynchburg vs Wheelersburg if they both get there.
Wheelersburg gets #2 seed and ends up in the same bracket with the overall #1 Lynchburg? The best two seed by bracket seedings should go away from the overall #1 seed. What is the advantage of being the over all #1 if you are going to load their bracket with the best #2 and #3 seeds? So Wheelersburg loses the #1 seed because they lost to Alexander, and then Alexander is rewarded after losing to Lynchburg? Nice draw for Alexander I guess. In the end, you have to win on the field and have to play the best to get to where you want to go, but hey what do I know...

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

There should not be an East and west. Simply seed entire district. But I’m sure travel plays into this.

BallDontLie
JV Team

Post by BallDontLie »

Do coaches submit their voting by midnight on Friday before the selection instead of Saturday? If so that could explain Alexander being #1 instead of #2 because their loss to LC might not have been apart of the ballot information.

BananaSC74
Freshman Team

Post by BananaSC74 »

This year’s seeding for boys D3 is tough. Years past it was easier for higher seeds to win sectional titles now it’s way tougher. The sectional finals are potential 2 and 3 seed shootouts whereas in the past it has been a 2 vs a 7 or 3 vs a 6.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

BallDontLie wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:18 pm Do coaches submit their voting by midnight on Friday before the selection instead of Saturday? If so that could explain Alexander being #1 instead of #2 because their loss to LC might not have been apart of the ballot information.
They had to be submitted by last Wednesday I believe

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

stacey7722 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:34 pm
Wheelersburg gets #2 seed and ends up in the same bracket with the overall #1 Lynchburg? The best two seed by bracket seedings should go away from the overall #1 seed. What is the advantage of being the over all #1 if you are going to load their bracket with the best #2 and #3 seeds? So Wheelersburg loses the #1 seed because they lost to Alexander, and then Alexander is rewarded after losing to Lynchburg? Nice draw for Alexander I guess. In the end, you have to win on the field and have to play the best to get to where you want to go, but hey what do I know...
Agree you have to beat everyone to get where you want, but there is no overall 1 seed. There is a 1 seed in each sectional.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Just looking at a couple of things that could be considered

Alexander (9-3-1) with an adjusted opponent record of 93-55-16 and a 4-1 win is over Wheelersburg and 1-1 against D3 opponents

Wheelersburg (13-1) with an adjusted opponent record of 67-73-9, with a 4-1 loss to Alexander and 8-1 against D3 opponents

I don’t really see the argument for Wheelersburg, who played a much weaker schedule and lost the head-to-head matchup. But, I guess people have to complain about everything nowadays.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

danicalifornia wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:44 am Just looking at a couple of things that could be considered

Alexander (9-3-1) with an adjusted opponent record of 93-55-16 and a 4-1 win is over Wheelersburg and 1-1 against D3 opponents

Wheelersburg (13-1) with an adjusted opponent record of 67-73-9, with a 4-1 loss to Alexander and 8-1 against D3 opponents

I don’t really see the argument for Wheelersburg, who played a much weaker schedule and lost the head-to-head matchup. But, I guess people have to complain about everything nowadays.
Pretty much answers the question...

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

While I agree that Alexander plays a tough conference schedule against a lot of D2 teams, you also have consider the 10 wins you didn’t include by Russell KY, who Burg defeated, who is playing in their district final later this week. The Maher rankings reflects the strength of schedule difference in the far right column.
Attachments
34871169-E856-403A-A2FE-ABB39B83CD0F.jpeg
Last edited by 4thgoal on Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

4thgoal wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:11 pm While I agree that Alexander plus a tough conference schedule against a lot of D2 teams, you also have consider the 10 wins you didn’t include by Russell KY, who Burg defeated, who is playing in their district final later this week. The Maher rankings reflects the strength of schedule difference in the far right column.
Oh please 4th don’t mix in too much it will cause confusion. The seeding process far more reflective of “how it really should be”..... :shock:

stacey7722
Freshman Team

Post by stacey7722 »

I agree the Wheelersburg vs. LC would be a terrific District final. Having said that, those two teams have butted heads for the District title how many years in a row now? Both top programs that in my humble opinion I think would walk through the lower part of the bracket. Alexanders only real competition will be North Adams or Eastern Brown which Lynchburg Clay defeated both by more than 4 goals and shut it down at half time. Wouldn't it be nice to put LC and Wheelersburg in opposite brackets and let them both get a chance at a District title and then match up in Regionals? I get that Alexander defeated Wheelersburg and that should count for something, maybe a lot. But they are going to be a 9-4-2 one seed in what appears to be a favorable bracket. Please don't @ me. I am not saying any of these teams are not talented and cant compete. It would just be nice to play other team and mix it up a bit. They are all talented and well coached and deserve to get what they got. There are a lot of quality squads in our district and a lot of teams with 9 plus wins. As an LC guy I am just tired of playing Wheelersburg every year, I just cant take the stress of it. lol and after all that Wheelersburg has accomplished over the past three years shouldn't they get a chance not to see LC in the Districts? Entire comment meant to be good and positive. Please no one be offended if I have not worded my expressions correctly, I know you all can be tough! lol Thoughts?

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

stacey7722 wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:27 pm
I agree the Wheelersburg vs. LC would be a terrific District final. Having said that, those two teams have butted heads for the District title how many years in a row now? Both top programs that in my humble opinion I think would walk through the lower part of the bracket. Alexanders only real competition will be North Adams or Eastern Brown which Lynchburg Clay defeated both by more than 4 goals and shut it down at half time. Wouldn't it be nice to put LC and Wheelersburg in opposite brackets and let them both get a chance at a District title and then match up in Regionals? I get that Alexander defeated Wheelersburg and that should count for something, maybe a lot. But they are going to be a 9-4-2 one seed in what appears to be a favorable bracket. Please don't @ me. I am not saying any of these teams are not talented and cant compete. It would just be nice to play other team and mix it up a bit. They are all talented and well coached and deserve to get what they got. There are a lot of quality squads in our district and a lot of teams with 9 plus wins. As an LC guy I am just tired of playing Wheelersburg every year, I just cant take the stress of it. lol and after all that Wheelersburg has accomplished over the past three years shouldn't they get a chance not to see LC in the Districts? Entire comment meant to be good and positive. Please no one be offended if I have not worded my expressions correctly, I know you all can be tough! lol Thoughts?
Well said. Seeding always an issue.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Just curious on how rock Hill was seeded lower than northwest

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
BananaSC74
Freshman Team

Post by BananaSC74 »

On the boys side of things.. why are South Webster, NA and Lynchburg on the same side of the bracket? I believe these are the top 3 teams in the southeast D3 and idk how they all ended up close together

BananaSC74
Freshman Team

Post by BananaSC74 »

Also on the boys side... which 2 seed was Northwest ranked above???? They are not stronger than Lynchburg and their record is worse than rock hill. I am so confused on how they got a 1 seed

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

At times block voting can drive teams seeding. The seeding process very subjective. Thats usually how this happens.

Return to “Soccer”