Gallia new football field?

NoPain23
Freshman Team

Gallia new football field?

Post by NoPain23 »

Not sure the truth to this but I have seen multiple things and talked to multiple people about the field conditions and they say that they’re trying to pass it for a new football field at the HS by taxing the people of Gallipolis. I really don’t know the truth to this, I wanted to see if anyone else has heard anything?

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Re: Gallia new football field?

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

I haven't heard anything on it, but it would be great if true. Local taxes would likely go up $15-20 every paycheck to pay for it. $15 per 4000 people every other week, with maybe 2/3 of those 4000 working, I could see it happening and actually being pretty darn nice. Gives you about $2M to work with for a stadium.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

I live in WV, now, but I would personally donate to that fund routinely.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

GA needs one for sure. hope they get it

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
sandstorm23
Freshman Team

Post by sandstorm23 »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:42 pm I haven't heard anything on it, but it would be great if true. Local taxes would likely go up $15-20 every paycheck to pay for it. $15 per 4000 people every other week, with maybe 2/3 of those 4000 working, I could see it happening and actually being pretty darn nice. Gives you about $2M to work with for a stadium.
$15-$20 per paycheck?!?!? No chance. You must be loaded if you think people wouldn't miss $20 every two weeks. ($20 * 26 pay periods = $520 annually). That's ridiculous so kids can go out there and play football on a better field. Feeding their families > Football x 1000. We are from southern Ohio, not Texas.

Reds Fan
JV Team

Post by Reds Fan »

where would they put it? by the school?

Fattseycline
Freshman Team

Post by Fattseycline »

I have heard they are trying to set enough funds back to put in a Jackson type stadium so they can host playoff games and use it for other ways to bring in $. It would be somewhere around their new schools. I would love to see them have something like that. They definitely need to update!

Rvfan
Freshman Team

Post by Rvfan »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:42 pm I haven't heard anything on it, but it would be great if true. Local taxes would likely go up $15-20 every paycheck to pay for it. $15 per 4000 people every other week, with maybe 2/3 of those 4000 working, I could see it happening and actually being pretty darn nice. Gives you about $2M to work with for a stadium.
You can really see this happening? This will never pass. Too many people on fixed or low incomes as it is. How many times did it take to pass the levy for the new schools? So what if you don't have a state of the art, high dollar field like Point or Jackson. What you do have is tradition and you should be proud of that.

Reds Fan
JV Team

Post by Reds Fan »

Fattseycline wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:22 am I have heard they are trying to set enough funds back to put in a Jackson type stadium so they can host playoff games and use it for other ways to bring in $. It would be somewhere around their new schools. I would love to see them have something like that. They definitely need to update!
if they put it by the school do they make a whole new track with it or do they leave the one they have and just build the stadium. if they want to build one like Jackson's they need to add 5x as much parking. I would love to see GA get the new stadium I just don't see it happening anytime soon

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

New stadiums are typically paid for with donations. All of Nelsonville-York's athletic facilities were renovated with fundraising in the community.

BillC
Riding the Bench

Post by BillC »

They already have a track and field beside the school. Basically, all that would be necessary are new bleachers installed and maybe bathrooms and concession stand. Would that be ideal? No, but it’s a start. Money could be raised and improvements made as you go. At least you would be out of that sewer pit.
The problem is that the powers that be in Gallipolis can’t stand the fact that Point Pleasant and Jackson (gallipolis’s two biggest rivals) both have built beautiful new stadiums. Gallipolis needs to move on and accept that they are a smaller school and maybe can’t afford all the bells and whistles.

Reds Fan
JV Team

Post by Reds Fan »

BillC wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:42 pm They already have a track and field beside the school. Basically, all that would be necessary are new bleachers installed and maybe bathrooms and concession stand. Would that be ideal? No, but it’s a start. Money could be raised and improvements made as you go. At least you would be out of that sewer pit.
The problem is that the powers that be in Gallipolis can’t stand the fact that Point Pleasant and Jackson (gallipolis’s two biggest rivals) both have built beautiful new stadiums. Gallipolis needs to move on and accept that they are a smaller school and maybe can’t afford all the bells and whistles.
I don't think gallia is a poor school system, Holzer hospital could be huge donor to the school and just like Jacksons stadium I could see them donating money to gallia to help build a nice new stadium

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Ok let’s get rid of all the BS on this thread. First let’s discuss this point pleasant and Jackson jealously part of this thread. Both Jackson and Point Pleasant football field cost in between 5 and 10 million to build. And that was at the time goodness only knows what they would cost in today’s dollars.

If you go to the website look at the plans and see what is planned it was scheduled to be a 3.5 million project with turf a $2.8 million dollar project without turf. The reason why that is only 700k is when track areas was made a lot of the infrastructure to put in a turf field is done.

Now let’s look at a comparison. The fields at south Gallia and river valley both tight I think nice little fields are in they cost in between 1.5 and 1.8 million a piece to build and I think everyone will agree Gallia needs more seating and a few other things then those 2 fields have.

So there has never been a field planned to match those 2 fields.

Now let’s talk about what is needed. There are outside tennis courts, track, baseball and softball fields there. There is not one permanent bathroom outside. There is not any kind of permanent concession stand built. All equipment for those sports thrown in a building.

At the high school now there is no where that would be a suitable locker room for one football team let alone 2 to prepare for a game. There is no room in the present facility at high school for a adequate weight room for the football team or a place or a way to store all the equipment.

There is a website I will post the name and link to it later. If your all so concerned about it there are plenty of ways to donate.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

This is not just something that has come up this year or the past few years. I'm sure that they been trying to figure out a way to do this since the new High School was built. They do need a new stadium, but its more likely going to take more than a Donar, more like Donars to make it happen.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Reds Fan wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:52 pm
BillC wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:42 pm They already have a track and field beside the school. Basically, all that would be necessary are new bleachers installed and maybe bathrooms and concession stand. Would that be ideal? No, but it’s a start. Money could be raised and improvements made as you go. At least you would be out of that sewer pit.
I don't think gallia is a poor school system, Holzer hospital could be huge donor to the school and just like Jacksons stadium I could see them donating money to gallia to help build a nice new stadium
Holzer hospital is in financial distress. They have made small contributions but backed out of there 750k that dad been talked about. There was also what was considered a solid donation from bob Evans as long as family member was part of board and when they pulled the sausage shop out of county then sold stuff that money is gone those would of made up over 40% of the money needed to build stadium

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

^^^^
Many of the biggest organizations in Gallia County are in less than beautiful financial positions.

URG has made cuts; Holzer is mentioned above. My understanding is that the Gallipolis City School District is not exactly sitting pretty.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

madpolecat wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:29 pm ^^^^
Many of the biggest organizations in Gallia County are in less than beautiful financial positions.

URG has made cuts; Holzer is mentioned above. My understanding is that the Gallipolis City School District is not exactly sitting pretty.
That is correct as far as I know city schools are on some state watch list for there poor financial position

BlueLion4Life
Freshman Team

Post by BlueLion4Life »

svac83 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:45 pm Ok let’s get rid of all the BS on this thread. First let’s discuss this point pleasant and Jackson jealously part of this thread. Both Jackson and Point Pleasant football field cost in between 5 and 10 million to build. And that was at the time goodness only knows what they would cost in today’s dollars.

If you go to the website look at the plans and see what is planned it was scheduled to be a 3.5 million project with turf a $2.8 million dollar project without turf. The reason why that is only 700k is when track areas was made a lot of the infrastructure to put in a turf field is done.

Now let’s look at a comparison. The fields at south Gallia and river valley both tight I think nice little fields are in they cost in between 1.5 and 1.8 million a piece to build and I think everyone will agree Gallia needs more seating and a few other things then those 2 fields have.

So there has never been a field planned to match those 2 fields.

Now let’s talk about what is needed. There are outside tennis courts, track, baseball and softball fields there. There is not one permanent bathroom outside. There is not any kind of permanent concession stand built. All equipment for those sports thrown in a building.

At the high school now there is no where that would be a suitable locker room for one football team let alone 2 to prepare for a game. There is no room in the present facility at high school for a adequate weight room for the football team or a place or a way to store all the equipment.

There is a website I will post the name and link to it later. If your all so concerned about it there are plenty of ways to donate.
There's a nice weight room underneath the home bleachers of the High School Gymnasium. granted that leaves quite a few more things to be done before they could ever move the field.

BlueLion4Life
Freshman Team

Post by BlueLion4Life »

Reds Fan wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:27 am
Fattseycline wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:22 am I have heard they are trying to set enough funds back to put in a Jackson type stadium so they can host playoff games and use it for other ways to bring in $. It would be somewhere around their new schools. I would love to see them have something like that. They definitely need to update!
if they put it by the school do they make a whole new track with it or do they leave the one they have and just build the stadium. if they want to build one like Jackson's they need to add 5x as much parking. I would love to see GA get the new stadium I just don't see it happening anytime soon

You've clearly not seen the fields out at the new school. there is plenty of parking out there. 1 huge parking lot, 1 big parking lot, and lots of grass space to park. They actually have more parking options than Jackson, especially if you count not having to walk up a huge hill.

svac83
SE

ZRe: Gallia new football field?

Post by svac83 »

That weight room is no where near the size you would need for a football team. Unless you lifted in shifts. When my son wrestled. We had maybe 18 wrestlers and it wasn’t really even big enough for them. Granted that was right after school opened so maybe they moved some stuff around or opened it up some how. I haven’t looked back there forever

Return to “Football”