2018 Frontier Athletic Conference

wch125
All State

Re: FAC Standings and predictions...

Post by wch125 »

Ironmen#2588 wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:18 pm
wch125 wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:11 pm
Ironmen#2588 wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:29 am Teays Valley Not a great fit? They are a great fit for this conference. Too big of a school, How big do you think they are? Same division as Chillicothe. Div 2. if your gonna complain about them being to large of a school then your gonna complain about Jackson and Chillicothe being the two biggest schools in the league and Hillsboro is right there with them also.
Hamilton Township would be a good fit for the conference also, adds another Div 3 school but by adding both school it would legit make the conference more competitive.

Teays Valley Travel Time
Jackson - 1 hour
Hillsboro - 1 hour 20 mins
Chillicothe - 40 mins
Washington Court House - 45 mins
Miami Trace - 46 mins
McClain - 53 mins

Hamilton Township Travel Time
Jackson - 1 hr 15 mins
Hillsboro - 1 hr 25 mins
Chillicothe - 45 mins
Washington Court House - 45 mins
Miami Trace - 45 mins
McClain - 1 hr

Jackson Travels the farthest out of all the schools in the league, but they aren’t complaining. Hillsboro is the farthest for all the schools to travel too. If they add those two schools then they can workout a agreement to split it 70/30 between the schools. Home team getting the majority of course. adding circleville wouldn’t be a bad idea or bad choice either. but are they gonna bring good enough competition to the league? all other sports yes but football not even close for now.
Both logan elm and Circleville are 0-5 and neither school has had winning seasons in 3 or 4 yrs. that wouldn’t be good for the conference.
McClain would be the only school to leave because they wouldn’t be able to compete in all the sports except basketball.

While Jackson may have the longest travel time its still reasonable. Adding those 2 schools would be mean much later nights for student athletes during the week . That is something administrators have to look at fans without kids do not . Also both schools are Central district their is no benefit for them to compete in a league with SE District schools. You want to talk enrollment I didn't figure you had looked into that Teays Valley has 449 boys in the school Hamilton has 341 . Our Biggest school in the conference is Chillicothe with 328 Next is Jackson at 291 Hillsboro has 281. So thats a huge difference. Thats a huge advantage. You have a larger pool of athletes to pull from both Elite athletes and average athletes which equals better depth. Does that always mean a win no but its a huge advantage. I think if those 2 schools come in , you would see Greenfield and hillsboro leave. Then we are back in the same boat of 6 in the conference and no stability because others schools will probably still look.

If you add Circleville and Logan Elm while not great in football they do still have athletes and Im sure at some point will be on the rise. If they come into our league they are both SE District , they can still schedule non conference where they could pick up wins. There fans travel well. Both teams are comparable to Mcclain. So its teams that mcclain could compete with so you keep them happy and in conference .

Teays and Hamilton don't make sense for a conference with 6 teams looking to find 2 teams that could make it more stable and competitive .
You all played Columbus St. Charles and beat them, there Competitive Balance enrollment is 589. That’s a tremendous advantage. So why are you complaining?
Are you saying Court House, Hillsboro, Trace, jackson, and Chillicothe would NOT want to add those 2 schools in Teays Valley and Hamilton Township to make the conference better and more competitive?? Are you saying they would be scared to play those schools, I don’t think so, they would love it. the only school that would say no would be McClain. I think we both can agree on that and also agree on that they will be the only school that will leave the conference if it expands. Because they can’t compete in any of the sports with the schools now in the conference.

With Circleville and Logan Elm, id rather have circleville join than logan elm. Because circleville is competitive in all their other sports. but logan elm is a toss up with all their athletics.
It will be hard to find teams that will agree to compete against teams like Jackson and Chillicothe, I will also add Hillsboro and Court House. I do not know how McClain said yes.

But would circleville and Logan elm agree tho come into the conference and play where majority of all the schools are all bigger? the conference they play in now they match up just fine with because they are all majority Div 4 teams.
I can't say whether the schools would not want the those 2 schools in the league. I agree with you on bringing schools into our conference because 6 is not a strong conference. We are strong with the teams we have but 8 gives us great balance. Once again those 2 don't fit for our schools or those schools needs. 1st Teays would not join our league because they are growing why would they come to our league we have d3 and d4 schools. Thats what they have in there league. They are division 1 in most sports Chillicothe is our only d1 school. 2nd they are central district When they have to seed most of the schools in Columbus it would not help there teams in others sports , if they are playing a schedule that is heavy with southern schools.

You are looking at this from only a football perspective, schools are going to look at this from a all sports perspective and grade level with ms included. Your talking late nights for 2 schools during the weekdays . Circleville and Logan Elm great fits both are SE districts schools that are competitive in all sports except football right now and that Could change they have had success in both programs in the past. Im not sure why you think Logan Elm is not very good in other sports, but they are very solid in other sports with kids and teams competing at the state level recently the past few years.

wch125
All State

Post by wch125 »

Who are Conference leaders in passing, rushing, td, etc.? Any guesses I just wonder. I wish our league did post top 3 each category

Bring the Heat
Freshman Team

Post by Bring the Heat »

League games start tonight so I would think then you would have conference leaders.

Overall stats would be a different story.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Ed Ott wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:51 pm Who cares? FAC is strong in football this year and it’s getting underway and we’re talking about Hamilton and Teays Valley? Why? Jackson can’t cry about travel because they had nothing else. Here in Chillicothe we like this league and wanting teams on the outskirts of Columbus is dumb. If wanting to add teams then keep it in the district. Unioto and Waverly best fit and Unioto and Waverly would beat Jackson at more sports than Jackson would beat them to address that statement. Those teams aren’t leaving though. I love reading this site and posting some but I hate the league switching, adding, subtracting speculation game.
1. Chillicothe
2. Jackson
3. Washington
4. Hillsboro
5. Miami Trace
6. McClain
I don't think at this time, that its Jackson, but just this one person. God, they should be happy to be in a league. They begged and pleaded for 2 or 3 years to try to get in any league in SEO, and were turned down every time.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: 2018 FAC Football Offseason Talk and Outlook

Post by mattash »

Very strong this year

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

VetteMan wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:50 am
Ed Ott wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:51 pm Who cares? FAC is strong in football this year and it’s getting underway and we’re talking about Hamilton and Teays Valley? Why? Jackson can’t cry about travel because they had nothing else. Here in Chillicothe we like this league and wanting teams on the outskirts of Columbus is dumb. If wanting to add teams then keep it in the district. Unioto and Waverly best fit and Unioto and Waverly would beat Jackson at more sports than Jackson would beat them to address that statement. Those teams aren’t leaving though. I love reading this site and posting some but I hate the league switching, adding, subtracting speculation game.
1. Chillicothe
2. Jackson
3. Washington
4. Hillsboro
5. Miami Trace
6. McClain
I don't think at this time, that its Jackson, but just this one person. God, they should be happy to be in a league. They begged and pleaded for 2 or 3 years to try to get in any league in SEO, and were turned down every time.
If applying for a league is begging then I guess they begged . When you don’t have a league are you not supposed to apply ? They OVC , SVC, SOC, and TVC all turned down Jackson. I don’t what school you cheer for but Jackson needs not apologize to any area school.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Re: 2018 Frontier Athletic Conference

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Coming down to a three team race.
Hillsboro, Chillicothe and Jackson.

WHO BRINGS HOME THE SHIP?!?!
I would have to place my bet on Jackson or Chillicothe at this point.

BillC
Riding the Bench

Post by BillC »

I can assure you that Jackson is perfectly happy in the FAC. Yes, it would be nice to add a couple more school for the security of the conference, but Jackson fully understands that if anyone is added, it needs to be schools that work for everyone involved.

veer
Freshman Team

Post by veer »

There needs to be one more team added to this conference. Scheduling 5 non conference games for most of the schools has to be a pain.
I'd like to see 2 schools added, but there needs to be an addition to the league next season that makes sense for every school. I think Unioto would be the school of choice..Or possibly Wilmington. But unfortunately Wilmington would most likely not even entertain that idea after how the SCOL broke up.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

veer wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:46 am There needs to be one more team added to this conference. Scheduling 5 non conference games for most of the schools has to be a pain.
I'd like to see 2 schools added, but there needs to be an addition to the league next season that makes sense for every school. I think Unioto would be the school of choice..Or possibly Wilmington. But unfortunately Wilmington would most likely not even entertain that idea after how the SCOL broke up.

Wilmington would be much better than Unioto plus facility wise Wilmingtons is lot better than Uniotos currently

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
veer
Freshman Team

Post by veer »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:42 am Coming down to a three team race.
Hillsboro, Chillicothe and Jackson.

WHO BRINGS HOME THE SHIP?!?!
I would have to place my bet on Jackson or Chillicothe at this point.
If Hillsboro wins against Jackson this week look out Chilly! This could be a three way tie for first this year between Chilly, Boro, and Jackson. Meaning Jackson would have to beat Chilly....If this outcome does happen though the FAC will have 3 teams making the playoffs this season. How great would that be for the league!!??

veer
Freshman Team

Post by veer »

Kicker. wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:47 am
veer wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:46 am There needs to be one more team added to this conference. Scheduling 5 non conference games for most of the schools has to be a pain.

Wilmington would be much better than Unioto plus facility wise Wilmingtons is lot better than Uniotos currently
I agree. Wilmington would be much better...but that isnt going to happen anytime soon. They play in a competitive league now that makes sense for them.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Would be super cool to see 3 FAC teams in the playoffs.

what happened to the haters saying this league was not very good? :o :o :o :o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Wilmington’s facilities are terrible outside of playing surface. I mean, they might look better, but as someone who has been directly involved with both schools, I can tell you that Wilmington’s are pretty awful.

veer
Freshman Team

Post by veer »

danicalifornia wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:07 am

Wilmington’s facilities are terrible outside of playing surface. I mean, they might look better, but as someone who has been directly involved with both schools, I can tell you that Wilmington’s are pretty awful.
Why are they terrible? Other than their softball and baseball fields needing a little work everything else is nice. There is nothing wrong with the football field (Great turf, seating, and atmosphere), and the Basketball court isn't very "new" but seats good and is very unique. The tennis courts were built not too long ago...I mean, their facilities are not top notch because of age, but they are still very good. A lot better than most.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

I have only seen their football field haven't seen anything else so I can see where you're coming from. But back to Unioto they are fine being in the SVC yeah they might struggle to make the playoffs for football because of points but every other sport is f fine so I see no need for them to jump to the FAC

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

veer wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:36 am

Why are they terrible? Other than their softball and baseball fields needing a little work everything else is nice. There is nothing wrong with the football field (Great turf, seating, and atmosphere), and the Basketball court isn't very "new" but seats good and is very unique. The tennis courts were built not too long ago...I mean, their facilities are not top notch because of age, but they are still very good. A lot better than most.
Locker rooms ready the worst I’ve ever been in, plumbing is bad in them as well. Practice gym is in bad shape, auxiliary gym for wrestling practice/indoor hitting for spring is dangerous and not clean. I know that these aren’t what most people consider when they discuss facilities, but I believe that they are just as important as what it looks like on the outside.

The tennis courts are nice, the basketball court/football field are good. So, maybe terrible was a stretch, although the baseball/softball fields only needing a little work is a stretch as well, but that comes with constant turnover and those sports being far from a priority like basketball and football.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Kicker. wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:06 pm

I have only seen their football field haven't seen anything else so I can see where you're coming from. But back to Unioto they are fine being in the SVC yeah they might struggle to make the playoffs for football because of points but every other sport is f fine so I see no need for them to jump to the FAC
I was probably too rough saying terrible, but below average overall, even though I like the football/basketball overall.

For Unioto, they play most of the FAC schools in other sports the current travel and gates for the SVC is pretty outstanding financially. I think something would have to happen to the SVC for them to leave. I also think that part of the hesitation could be for how Chillicothe hasn’t been the most stable when it comes to league affiliation in the past 10-15 years.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

I do want to say that as an outsider, I’m very impressed with the football being played in the FAC. I knew Chillicothe and Jackson would be good, but Hillsboro and WCH have been better than I expected and it appears that McClain is improving as well.

Well done FAC!

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

danicalifornia wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:14 pm
Kicker. wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:06 pm

I was probably too rough saying terrible, but below average overall, even though I like the football/basketball overall.

For Unioto, they play most of the FAC schools in other sports the current travel and gates for the SVC is pretty outstanding financially. I think something would have to happen to the SVC for them to leave. I also think that part of the hesitation could be for how Chillicothe hasn’t been the most stable when it comes to league affiliation in the past 10-15 years.
Yeah it's a reasonable idea for Unioto to join, as you said they play most of the schools already and why leave the SVC if it isn't broken

Return to “Football”