Ironton 21 Coal Grove 12

Frank Reagan
Varsity

Re: WEEK 8 -- 4-3 COAL GROVE @ 5-2 IRONTON -- BORDER WAR SPECIAL

Post by Frank Reagan »

Ironton’s offense not clicking yet? Averaging almost 52 a game over the last 3. I’d hate to see it if the offense does click.

Doing the right thing is rarely easy.
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Frank Reagan wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:07 pm Ironton’s offense not clicking yet? Averaging almost 52 a game over the last 3. I’d hate to see it if the offense does click.
No offense but terrible take. Ironton should put up points on the last three opponents. I think he’s looking for something better against stronger competition. Coal Grove will be a better measurement.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

folks are talkin like they think the tigers have it under lock n key. we still have coal grove, gahs and end with Portsmouth. I ain't overlooking anybody. and we get everybodie's best effort. the ovc is top heavy with some pretty solid teams.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Fattseycline
Freshman Team

Post by Fattseycline »

Grove was in the Gallia game until the last quarter. We had several chances to take the lead but you can’t win by only playing 3 quarters it has to be a complete game! We have a lot to work on! This week we will have to be mistake free! Game is at ironton so Cg is already down 14-0 at least.

Fattseycline
Freshman Team

Post by Fattseycline »

packers80 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:11 pm Ironton wins, but they should. They should win every conference game because it's a bad conference. Ironton wins out,then one and done in the playoffs.

Not sure that the conference is bad but it’s not the strongest. Ironton has had some bad years in recruiting with the new staff I’m sure they will be better soon. I can say that ironton May win this week but I will almost assure you they won’t win the conference. I will say Gallia wins it they are very good and well coached now game is at ironton we know every opponent is down a touchdown or 2 before game starts

Fattseycline
Freshman Team

Post by Fattseycline »

bcltcr wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:54 pm Ironton is the better team, but they still aren’t clicking on offense. I don’t think Coal Grove does much on offense against them. Ironton by 2-3 scores.

Side note: what has went wrong at Coal Grove this year? I know they returned a lot. They lost to a mediocre Chesapeake team and had some tight games with lesser opponents.
Cg has lost a lot of starters. I expected this to be more of a down year then last year. Cg plays several of sophomores and a few juniors most skill kids are seniors but as far as line on both sides are all young. And we only have 37 kids out makes it hard to have depth. But this is no excuse we have been in every game we lost. Gave the peake and west game away. Gallia was the best team we played they are a pretty good team

Maniactough
Waterboy

Post by Maniactough »

Fattseycline wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:00 am
packers80 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:11 pm Ironton wins, but they should. They should win every conference game because it's a bad conference. Ironton wins out,then one and done in the playoffs.

Not sure that the conference is bad but it’s not the strongest. Ironton has had some bad years in recruiting with the new staff I’m sure they will be better soon. I can say that ironton May win this week but I will almost assure you they won’t win the conference. I will say Gallia wins it they are very good and well coached now game is at ironton we know every opponent is down a touchdown or 2 before game starts
Ironton has been using outside refs so saying the refs is favore Ironton is just a bad statement.
As for not winning the OVC that may be but simple fact is both have games before they meet head to head and one after they meet.
Ironton is much improved from last year and is a young team.
They control their own destiny so if the do not win the OVC title it will be by there own doing.
As for Gallia I am glad the turned it around and hope they continue improving for the sake of the league

Yukntny
Waterboy

Post by Yukntny »

I’m pulling for Ironton in this one. It just blows my mind we are in week 8 already. Wow where has the season gone.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Never thought ironton and coal grove would even be worth talking about.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
pistol
Freshman Team

Post by pistol »

Then why are you?

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Just to see who replies

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
RACELAND
Waterboy

Post by RACELAND »

Fittin Tiggers roll in this one.

ballrmom1
Riding the Bench

Post by ballrmom1 »

I know players on both sides of the ball this week so good luck to both.

Half Slice
Freshman Team

Post by Half Slice »

Make no mistake Tigers, you will get Coal Grove’s A game.

Yukntny
Waterboy

Post by Yukntny »

Yep gonna be a fun game to watch.

Riding the Bench

Post by 645945 »

Fattseycline wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:53 am Grove was in the Gallia game until the last quarter. We had several chances to take the lead but you can’t win by only playing 3 quarters it has to be a complete game! We have a lot to work on! This week we will have to be mistake free! Game is at ironton so Cg is already down 14-0 at least.

Yes they were then a field position mistake in the third quarter made things a lot harder for the hornets. Rock Hill made the same mistake against Ironton in almost the same situation. Knowing when to punt is important. Line play is key, skill guys are close. Will coal groves line answer the bell. They are capable.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

Holy crap. It's 2018 and there are still people that believe refs cheat for Ironton at home. That is just as ridiculous now as it was 40 years ago. Give it up already.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
Fan Friday
Freshman Team

Post by Fan Friday »

79Tiger wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:14 am Holy crap. It's 2018 and there are still people that believe refs cheat for Ironton at home. That is just as ridiculous now as it was 40 years ago. Give it up already.
I was thinking the same exact thing, but didn’t say it. It gets so old hearing it!

Rosco
Riding the Bench

Post by Rosco »

Doesn’t the OVC use an assigner to deploy officials for games? If so the premise that a school hires officials to cheat is unfounded and ridiculous.

CGFAN#1
Freshman Team

Post by CGFAN#1 »

pistol wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:04 pm Then why are you?
So the last 3 years it was staff only in why CG was on even level with Ironton? Had nothing to do with CG being as talented? The last two losses for CG could have been coaching also.
Looking at Pigskin preview Rock Hill, Ironton and Gallipolis had the most returning starters to start this season. Resuts seem to match experience.
FYI don't sleep on CG as the offensive talent is there. 4 quarters of solid defense and this will be a real game.
Go Big Grove!

Return to “Football”