Gallia on top of the world

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: Gallia on top of the world

Post by VetteMan »

BillC wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:50 pm You have to remember that Galla’s played their absolute best game against Jackson. I’m not taking anything against them because they played very well because they had that game circled and were pumped up for it. That win would have been the highlight of their year. Jackson played very flat because it simply doesn’t mean as much to Jackson. Point is, there’s no way Ironton could play with Jackson for an entire game.
Gallipolis wins by a TD
Not saying you're wrong, but to say that Ironton couldn't play with Jackson. Seems as if Ironton played about as well against the Burg as what Jackson did. Just asking, why wouldn't the game mean as much to Jackson as it would to Gallia Academy? That game in the past always meant a lot to each school.

Yukntny
Waterboy

Post by Yukntny »

Maybe Gallia is 3 touchdowns better. Maybe. But to me I think this is going to be one heck of a game.

And I think it’s absurd to say a game means more to one than the other. Each game means the season to every team. Lose a game can mean staying home week eleven.

Maniactough
Waterboy

Post by Maniactough »

Ema wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:00 am Ironton have a quality win? South point, rock hill, peak, fairland were all wins but the last 3 games are the best in the OVC they could easily finish 5-5
Those wins was league wins nothing Ironton could do about that.
As for quality games I would consider Wheelersburg a quality opponent.
I would consider Ashland a quality opponent.
Russell played Ironton to the wire in all aspects.
Gallia played Jackson and played well and had a chance to win that game.
As for their other opponents would you put them as quality Oppenheimer or sub par.
Point is Ironton had been improving and had a chance to beat Ashland.
And was for all purposes was in the Wheelersburg game.
Yes they lost both games but played better than anyone thought they would.
As for the Ironton Gallia game lets hope both teams are injury free and play to their strengths and they both go far in the playoffs

BillC
Riding the Bench

Post by BillC »

VetteMan wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:32 pm
BillC wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:50 pm You have to remember that Galla’s played their absolute best game against Jackson. I’m not taking anything against them because they played very well because they had that game circled and were pumped up for it. That win would have been the highlight of their year. Jackson played very flat because it simply doesn’t mean as much to Jackson. Point is, there’s no way Ironton could play with Jackson for an entire game.
Gallipolis wins by a TD
Not saying you're wrong, but to say that Ironton couldn't play with Jackson. Seems as if Ironton played about as well against the Burg as what Jackson did. Just asking, why wouldn't the game mean as much to Jackson as it would to Gallia Academy? That game in the past always meant a lot to each school.
Truthfully, I think Jackson is over the game with Gallipolis. Jackson has dominated the last several years and I think Jackson has mentally replaced Gallipolis with Wheelersburg and Chillicothe, although Burg has been mostly one sided also.

Rosco
Riding the Bench

Post by Rosco »

If healthy I have the Tigers by 3 at home. Blue Devils charmed season hits a bump in the road.

Riding the Bench

Post by 645945 »

Top of the world is a little bit over the top. Glad to be out of the basement yep we are defiantly glad to be out of the basement. The kids that are are playing now know what is like on the bottom. They are working their tails off not to feel that way again. Win or lose they are putting it all out on the field just like they always have.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

645945 wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:22 pm Top of the world is a little bit over the top. Glad to be out of the basement yep we are defiantly glad to be out of the basement. The kids that are are playing now know what is like on the bottom. They are working their tails off not to feel that way again. Win or lose they are putting it all out on the field just like they always have.
Can’t ask for anything more.

Hercules
JV Team

Post by Hercules »

First things first. Gallia has to beat a talented but underachieving Rock Hill team. And Ironton has to beat a very good Rival in Coal Grove

Yukntny
Waterboy

Post by Yukntny »

Hercules wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:19 pm First things first. Gallia has to beat a talented but underachieving Rock Hill team. And Ironton has to beat a very good Rival in Coal Grove
This is very true. Hopefully both teams won’t have a let down this week with all the hype of next week.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

The Tigers and Blue Devils will be a show down of their old SEOAL days. Different coaches and different times but still a big game for both teams as they had been in the past. I give tthe edge to the Tigers at home as they continue to improve with each game. I am glad to see the Blue Devils back and building a winning tradition again.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
Slothman
Freshman Team

Post by Slothman »

Should be a great game! I’ll take the Devils by a extra point.
21-20

Return to “Football”