Gallia new football field?

BillC
Riding the Bench

Re: Gallia new football field?

Post by BillC »

Reds Fan wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:52 pm
BillC wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:42 pm They already have a track and field beside the school. Basically, all that would be necessary are new bleachers installed and maybe bathrooms and concession stand. Would that be ideal? No, but it’s a start. Money could be raised and improvements made as you go. At least you would be out of that sewer pit.
The problem is that the powers that be in Gallipolis can’t stand the fact that Point Pleasant and Jackson (gallipolis’s two biggest rivals) both have built beautiful new stadiums. Gallipolis needs to move on and accept that they are a smaller school and maybe can’t afford all the bells and whistles.
I don't think gallia is a poor school system, Holzer hospital could be huge donor to the school and just like Jacksons stadium I could see them donating money to gallia to help build a nice new stadium
Obviously, you haven’t been following the financial situation of Gallia schools.
Holzer donated mega bucks to both Jackson and Point Pleasant, however, that was a different time in health care. At that time Holzer Hospital and Holzer Clinic we’re separate. Holzer clinic was for profit and Hospital was traditional non profit. They are now one institution that falls under a hospital situation and non profit. Obviously, hospitals are struggling, especially small rural hospitals. At that time, there was money for Gallipolis also. Several delays changed the situation. Basically the delays at the wrong time caused Holzer Health Systems to have to back down. I have heard that Point Pleasant also had a major donation from AEP and a local foundation.

Maniactough
Waterboy

Post by Maniactough »

Didn’t Gallia a few years ago try to implement pay to play.
I’m not trying to start nothing but just wondering because they was financially strapped for funds.
From what I remember they tried to pass levies but they failed.
So they talked about the pay to play.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Gallia has been doing pay for play for many years. Gallia academy athletics are totally self supporting they take zero dollars from schools general fund as far as I know it is still $90 per sport

Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

Very generous what Bob Eastman did. Anyone know why he didn’t donate to football? (Maybe he did I don’t know)

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Well the Eastman’s they have over 1.5 million in the athletic facilities there. It is my guess. There will be a little more toward football field when it becomes closer to a reality.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Long overdue for a new field

StolenTalents12
Freshman Team

Post by StolenTalents12 »

The same thing has been going on at Fairland since before I graduated in 07.
Clearly the people
In proctorville and Rome have more than enough money to go around but no one has been willing to agree to vote yes to a new stadium. I’d donate double what they’re asking a paycheck to give those kids what they deserve but the community will not get behind it.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

The problem with Fairland is that a lot of their residents are professionals that work in Huntington so there is no real sense of community. I agree the Dragons and Blue Devils deserve new football fields. Their success brings in money and both teams have made significant improvements in just the past few years

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D

Return to “Football”