Athens 39 Wellston 14

footballfan
JV Team

Re: Week 8: Wellston (3-4,2-1) @ Athens (6-1,3-0)

Post by footballfan »

footballfan wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:35 pm NY played at Wellston last week and had a very good crew. The TVC Ohio division does not hire their own refs. They have an assigner. Every team uses the assigner but guess who???? Mr. Bartrum and Meigs. They don't have the money!!!!

Wellston will hang around for awhile like Meigs last week but the Bulldogs pull away in the 2nd half.
Exactly Bulldog 93. Like i posted before. Every team in the Ohio uses an assigner except Meigs.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

93Bulldog wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:42 pm The TVC does not hire an assigner!!!

It's up to each school to have one or not.
Every school but meigs uses the assighner

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Orange and Brown wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:15 pm

Just asking? After taking the proper training, and getting your license to be able to be an official, just what control does the State of Ohio have as far as how officals are assigned? I understand what you are saying about some Leagues having an Assighner, and being able to send the Officals to the games. I guess what I'm asking is, doesn't the State of Ohio still have control over any official that is licensed in the State. Can an official just become a " Free Agent ", and go to whatever school that wants him? I wouldn't think so, that's why I'm asking.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

VetteMan wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:16 pm
Orange and Brown wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:15 pm

Just asking? After taking the proper training, and getting your license to be able to be an official, just what control does the State of Ohio have as far as how officals are assigned? I understand what you are saying about some Leagues having an Assighner, and being able to send the Officals to the games. I guess what I'm asking is, doesn't the State of Ohio still have control over any official that is licensed in the State. Can an official just become a " Free Agent ", and go to whatever school that wants him? I wouldn't think so, that's why I'm asking.
The ohsaa doesn't assighn officials. Officials can do any game they want, however with an assigner they take care of the scheduling. You get an email that tells you what officials are assigned to what game.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I understand that an assigner can be as fair as possible, by taking time and distance in consideration when assigning the officals. I'm not sure that in some cases that an AD or coach should be able to continue to hire there good old buddies when they desire. That just doesn't seem fair. Thank you for your response.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

big task ahead of the golden rockets tonight. Would like to see them pull off the upset. Athens will be very tough to beat at home.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
2Time
Freshman Team

Post by 2Time »

This game has went how I expected. I’ve never seen a coaching staff refuse to make adjustments week after week after week. Too many athletes on the field for Wellston to not try to spread it out.

Slothman
Freshman Team

Post by Slothman »

I am all for running the ball , but you don’t have to be in a tight formation all the time to do it ! It’s just bad football in today’s game. The Rockets seemed to be tired in the second half too . The bulldogs looked like they were doing just enough to win not getting too deep in the playbook.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Athens 39 Wellston 14

Post by mattash »

Athens 39 Wellston 14

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott

Return to “Football”