Valenth's EARLY CALLS for College Football 2018-19 Version...

purpleblood1
JV Team

Re: Valenth's EARLY CALLS for College Football 2018-19 Version...

Post by purpleblood1 »

I think they are learning real fast just how bad they aren't.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

With conferences having 12 plus teams and 2 divisions how do you determine a conference champion if you don't have a conference championship game?
cbolt wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:25 pm Good post Red, agree again! The main reason I have heard from the chairman and other people is they don't want to diminish the importance of the regular season. I get where they are coming from because the basketball regular season sucks! I don't think it would diminish it in football with 8 teams. There was some concern when they went to 4 teams it would but it didn't happen. As far as I'm concerned they could do away with them silly conference championship games and that would assure the regular season would remain important!

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Just my opinion but I don't agree with the 6 team playoff. I don't like the idea of 2 teams getting a first round bye. Personally I would rather see it expanded to 8 teams. Play first round games at sites to be determined (no schools involved host games) mid December (after conference championship games). Final 4 and Championship games could be as they are now.

8 teams - 5 power conferences, 1 group of 5 if ranked in top 10 or 12 and 2 at large teams.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Wow looking back at this post... I was way off on some! 😂😂😂 tell me any analyst who's perfect though :lol:

Return to “College Sports”