Valenth's College Football Playoff Situation as of Week 7

Valenth
SEOP

Valenth's College Football Playoff Situation as of Week 7

Post by Valenth »

Here's my teams who control their destiny and teams who need help.
Attachments
cfb.jpg

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Re: Valenth's College Football Playoff Situation as of Week 7

Post by Chieftain2009 »

We are still a few weeks away from the first CFP rankings, which will be on the 30th of this month. With the way things stand right now, I like your breakdown. In those contenders, 4 of the 5 power five conferences are represented as well as an independent Notre Dame. The Pac-12 is struggling right now, with Washington having the only real chance of getting in, unless the undefeated Colorado team can find a way to run the table. Colorado's biggest problem is that they haven't played anybody, and the only ranked team on their entire schedule is Washington.

I don't believe I'm the only one who wants this, but it would be awesome to see UCF in the playoff if they run the table. Went undefeated last year and didn't even sniff it. This year, they're getting some respect, already up to #10. They still have games against two ranked teams, and then whoever they face in the conference championship (as long as they make it), which is looking like there's a good chance it'll be against Houston.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

I agree Valenth. Assuming the top 6 win out (Bama/Georgia conference championship loss). I would not be surprised to see that loser remain in the top 4 and ND jump Clemson.
1 SEC Champ Bama/UGA
1 Big14 Champ OSU
1 ND
1 SEC runner up Bama/UGA

Clemson drops out due to weak schedule. WVU doesn't have the name to make the jump.

Remember, it's all about the $$$$$$

The General
All State

Post by The General »

Whats happening Raiderball?..lol...Now Numero uno is: IF...ohio,Clemson,Georgia,THE TIDE,or WVU go Undefeated and win their Conferences?...THEY are IN...there is no Committee going to keep an undefeated Conference Champion out. ND's ass would be out...Then watch how fast they would expand!!..Of course we wont have 4 Undefeated Conference champs!..Or will we?..lol.....

Florida controls their destiny also. If they win out they are in! Same with LSU (2 wins over Ga or revenge win over Fla,wins over Auburn,THE TIDE,etc..etc)....Without question...I fully expect Michigan to beat ohio like they should have the last 2 yrs...IF they get by Bucky and psu and become a 1-loss big 14 champion...And Notre Dame and Clemson run the table? Who will be selected?..If Texas runs the table they are in.Correct?..lol....What about a 1-loss Washington or Oregon? or Bucky....Here is how this scenario would play out....1)THE SEC Champion will be in 2)If ND goes unbeaten they are in3)If Clemson goes unbeaten they are in.4)Then you would have the 1-loss teams which could include the teams I mentioned!!...Confused yet? :lol: Hell then just put UCF in there!!....They are the "Defending" champs anyways!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

WELL THAT ESCALATED QUICKLY, HE'S BACK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Been on the baseball field all day. Looking at scores I missed a lot today.
Good to see you back General.
The General wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:06 am Whats happening Raiderball?..lol...Now Numero uno is: IF...ohio,Clemson,Georgia,THE TIDE,or WVU go Undefeated and win their Conferences?...THEY are IN...there is no Committee going to keep an undefeated Conference Champion out. ND's ass would be out...Then watch how fast they would expand!!..Of course we wont have 4 Undefeated Conference champs!..Or will we?..lol.....

Florida controls their destiny also. If they win out they are in! Same with LSU (2 wins over Ga or revenge win over Fla,wins over Auburn,THE TIDE,etc..etc)....Without question...I fully expect Michigan to beat ohio like they should have the last 2 yrs...IF they get by Bucky and psu and become a 1-loss big 14 champion...And Notre Dame and Clemson run the table? Who will be selected?..If Texas runs the table they are in.Correct?..lol....What about a 1-loss Washington or Oregon? or Bucky....Here is how this scenario would play out....1)THE SEC Champion will be in 2)If ND goes unbeaten they are in3)If Clemson goes unbeaten they are in.4)Then you would have the 1-loss teams which could include the teams I mentioned!!...Confused yet? :lol: Hell then just put UCF in there!!....They are the "Defending" champs anyways!!

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Well after today... I feel comfortable saying there won't be 2 SEC teams in the College Football Playoff.. But the PAC12s only Chance is Oregon and the BIG XIIs only chance is Texas.

Do not sleep on UCF! Things could line up for them to actually have a shot. Because Notre Dame sleepwalked playing Pittsburgh. And if Clemson overlooks an ACC opponent.. It could very well open the door up for the Knights.

The General
All State

Post by The General »

Raiderball wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:09 pm Been on the baseball field all day. Looking at scores I missed a lot today.
Good to see you back General.
The General wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:06 am Whats happening Raiderball?..lol...Now Numero uno is: IF...ohio,Clemson,Georgia,THE TIDE,or WVU go Undefeated and win their Conferences?...THEY are IN...there is no Committee going to keep an undefeated Conference Champion out. ND's ass would be out...Then watch how fast they would expand!!..Of course we wont have 4 Undefeated Conference champs!..Or will we?..lol.....

Some things I noticed:
Tua should not have played .They havent EVEN used him in their run game all year.Healthy he is as good as it gets with his legs.

LSU is awfully good in Death Valley!Guess where they play THE TIDE?Ga has got to make the QB change. JF is just too talented to sit.When he finally gets settled in you will see what I mean.
Iowa St outgained the EErs 500-150 in yardage.Tough day on the road in the B1G 10.

UW and Oregon are both good football teams.
Spart beats The Fighting Franklins and his "Great" team averaging 5 Yds Per Pass Attempt and 3.5 Yds Per Carry!!..Let that marinate for a second.
Texas got a huge boost from their backup QB Buchele.

Nice comeback for UCF in the rain!
Nice comeback for the Gators after turning it over all over the place and falling behind 21-3 to the Dores
THE U has QB issues and The "Energy Vampire" as their Head Coach.
Auburn has Coaching and scheme issues so far up their backside they are starting to spit them out all over the field.
Tennessee is MORE talented than people even know. Just dont have enough of them....YET

Michigan is the Best overall football team in the big 14...meyer looks like hell for ohio. Suppose he has somethng on his mind?...
GREAT win for A&M on the road in THE SEC...
Jordan Ta'amu for Ole Miss had over 500 yds of Total Offense..Over 360 in the air and 141 on the ground!...How about those Hawaiian QBS?....Hell TT and McKenzie Milton were teammates in Youth football and didnt even win their league!..lol

Now...Rut. and Maryland!..What the hell..Rut's QBs were 2-17 for 8 yds and 5 picks :lol: ..Terp QBs were 9-20 for 85 yards!..Combined they were 11-37 for 93 yards :lol: ..And this is Major College football?
Iowa of course exposed Indy for what they really are.
The Corn boys Gagged all over themselves late....
Coach Brohm has his boys Humming Pretty well...Over 600 yds of offense and only gave up 7 pts..Of course it was Illini
THE OSU Cowboys are a fraud,as is Kevin Sumlin...

Chip Kelley has the youngest outfit I have EVER seen getting better and better out west...
Clemson and NC St will be a nice game next week.
I dont really know about NDame.Dont know what to think of them.They do have that win over Michigan in their back pocket.
Getting rid of THAT Stoops and plugging in Ruffin Mcneil should stablilize SOONER some on that side of the ball..

Officiating is SO Freaking terrible....A few Tidbits :lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

yeah nc state / Clemson should be a dandy. purdue will be a stiff test as an away game. forget records.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Unless Ohio State makes a miraculous mental turn around, we will not be talking about the Bucks making the CFP, but whether or not they can finish third in their division.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels

Return to “College Sports”