Parking fee at Jackson for future OSHAA tourney games...

vladimir
S

Parking fee at Jackson for future OSHAA tourney games...

Post by vladimir »

I traveled to Jackson to watch the game against Hillsboro, and I was charged $2.00 to park at the high school. I asked if I was paying for private parking b/c I've never heard of having to pay to park at a school and then pay to get into the game. The lady at the parking lot taking the $2.00 told me it was b/c Jackson hosts OHSAAfootball tournament games....??????? lol!

WTF, This wasn't a tournament game and the OHSAA determines the site the week of the game if the location makes sense for travel of the two schools. So, there's no guarantee Jackson would even host an OHSAA tournament game.

Is this for real, or were these two gals from Jackson ripping HS football fans off for some beer money later that evening????

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Proud_Pirate63
S

Re: Parking fee at Jackson for future OSHAA tourney games...

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

No, Jackson has always charged for parking. More schools should do it then maybe they can cut down on the fundraising forms sent home with the kids.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

vladimir wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:29 pm I traveled to Jackson to watch the game against Hillsboro, and I was charged $2.00 to park at the high school. I asked if I was paying for private parking b/c I've never heard of having to pay to park at a school and then pay to get into the game. The lady at the parking lot taking the $2.00 told me it was b/c Jackson hosts OHSAAfootball tournament games....??????? lol!

WTF, This wasn't a tournament game and the OHSAA determines the site the week of the game if the location makes sense for travel of the two schools. So, there's no guarantee Jackson would even host an OHSAA tournament game.

Is this for real, or were these two gals from Jackson ripping HS football fans off for some beer money later that evening????
It has been like that at Jackson since the school was put on top of the hill, it's been discussed on this site at nauseam. If you don't like it park at the bottom and walk up to the game, no one is stopping you. Now why they said anything about tournament games is beyond me, but it is a fee they've charge for sometime now and everyone will get on here and complain and complain. Park at the bottom of the hill if you don't want to pay the $2 and walk up. Heck park all your cars down there carpool up and divide that $2 amongst 5 or 6 of ya.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:36 pm No, Jackson has always charged for parking. More schools should do it then maybe they can cut down on the fundraising forms sent home with the kids.
amen

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

A lot of schools charge to park.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Don’t believe it’s always been since the top of the hill but it’s been several several several years. Make sure you always rip on the parking attendants...you know they are in charge of all the decisions being made.

Funny...I was in line last night, had my $2 out the window for quick payment and they told me the car in front of me paid for mine....so I told them to use my $2 to pay for car behind me. I guess it’s always better to just complain. I can’t imagine someone left the hill last night and was worrying about that $2.

This thread feels like 2008
Last edited by Ironman92 on Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Jackson charges for all sports. Even girls basketball. I'm sure it hurts the other sports since no attendance for the other sports because of the high cost

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Raider6309 wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:09 pm Jackson charges for all sports. Even girls basketball. I'm sure it hurts the other sports since no attendance for the other sports because of the high cost
Volleyball....no charge
Wrestling....no charge
Baseball....no charge
Softball....no charge
Track....no charge
Cross Country....no charge
Golf.....no charge
Tennis....no charge
Varsity Football $2
Boys and Girls High School Basketball $2

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Waverly changed two weeks ago when Burg was up there. Not sure if they have charged all season but they made a ton of money that night.

Burg should charge to park and use that money to blacktop the parking lot. They have painted, very poorly the lines to park in but it is amazing how many people cannot park at the Burg parking lot.
Last edited by yabbadabbadoo on Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:04 pm Don’t believe it’s always been since the top of the hill but it’s been several several several years. Make sure you always rip on the parking attendants...you know they are in charge of all the decisions being made.

Funny...I was in line last night, had my $2 out the window for quick payment and they told me the car in front of me paid for mine....so I told them to use my $2 to pay for car behind me. I guess it’s always better to just complain. I can’t imagine someone left the hill last night and was worrying about that $2.

This thread feels like 2008
Agreed, those ladies are there volunteering their time and they're always very nice, at least anytime I've gone up there. I'm sure they get a complaint or 2 throughout the night. It's 2 bucks you get pretty close the field depending on how early you get there. That is pretty cool on the pay it forward deal makes me wonder how long it lasted after you went through the line. This is pretty much a beaten down topic though as it's talked about every single year, especially at playoff time.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

I guess my problem was the reason provided. "The parking fee is b/c Jackson hosts OHSAA football tournament games." That made it feel like someone was pulling a fast one. I agree with the above post, then Jackson should charge for all events. Also, if she told me I could've parked at the bottom the hill and walked up without my car getting towed, I'd probably opted for the exercise.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

vladimir wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:36 pm I guess my problem was the reason provided. "The parking fee is b/c Jackson hosts OHSAA football tournament games." That made it feel like someone was pulling a fast one. I agree with the above post, then Jackson should charge for all events. Also, if she told me I could've parked at the bottom the hill and walked up without my car getting towed, I'd probably opted for the exercise.
Why would you get toed there's parking lots down there, lol. Besides she's not going to tell you that ;) ;)

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

You would have to hope you had honest people collecting that money because what’s to keep someone from slipping a few dollars into their pockets. No one has a clue how many people come in to park.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

You never know what will happen when you have out of town plates. I lived in right downtown Cincinnati for many years, and I've seen it all. I wouldn't put anything past anyone.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:27 pm Waverly changed two weeks ago when Burg was up there. Not sure if they have charged all season but they made a ton of music new that night.

Burg should charge to park and use that money to blacktop the parking lot. They have painted, very poorly the lines to park in but it is amazing how many people cannot park at the Burg parking lot.
Waverly has charged for 2 or 3 years now. Its not uncommon - People complain about that but not about $6 or $7 for a ticket.
Family of 4 to a game charging $2 to park and $5 per tick = $22
Family of 4 to a game charging $6 per ticket but free parking = $24
Which would you rather pay?????

hbk1999
JV Team

Post by hbk1999 »

the reason is legit

The ohsaa won’t let you charge for parking at tournament games If you don’t normally charge during regular season..

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

I'd rather pay just admission for my family at 5 bucks a ticket and be done.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

People complain about that but not about $6 or $7 for a ticket.
False. Lots of people complain about it. I mostly complain about it when schools charge the same for JV games.

It doesn’t have to be one or the other, either. You could charge a reasonable amount for entry and not charge for parking - thousands of schools all over the country do it that way.

Zunardo
Freshman Team

Post by Zunardo »

hbk1999 wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:57 pm the reason is legit

The ohsaa won’t let you charge for parking at tournament games If you don’t normally charge during regular season..
That is incorrect. OHSAA only provides guidance IF a host school decides to charge for parking to host tournament games (see link, item 16). There are no stipulations about having to charge during the regular season first.

Therefore, the reason reportedly given by the Jackson staff to justify charging during the regular season is bogus. It would be better to be upfront and say "we charge for parking during the regular season as a revenue generator" and not try to put it on OHSAA.

https://www.ohsaa.org/sports/ft/boys/ftrglt.pdf

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:36 pm No, Jackson has always charged for parking. More schools should do it then maybe they can cut down on the fundraising forms sent home with the kids.
Man I have to agree with you. There’s forms on my table every week. Shirts for sale to fund this. Cards to sale for this. Couple bucks is not a bad idea.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005

Return to “Football”