Valenth's AP Poll top 10 prediction for Week 8

Valenth
SEOP

Valenth's AP Poll top 10 prediction for Week 8

Post by Valenth »

Wow...what a week. Letting all that dust settle. This is how I see the Top 10 looking for Week 8.

1. Alabama
2. Ohio State
3. Clemson
4. Notre Dame
5. Texas
6. LSU
7. Michigan
8. UCF
9. Florida
10. Oregon

Outside the Top 10..
Georgia falls to 11th
WVU falls to 13th
Penn State falls to 14th
Miami FL falling to 23rd
Auburn falls out of top 25

Newcomers that could enter the top 25..
Iowa
Utah

Omega
SEOPS H

Re: Valenth's AP Poll top 10 prediction for Week 8

Post by Omega »

I would go with

1.) Alabama
2.) Clemson
3.) Notre Dame
4.) Ohio State
5.) LSU
6.) Michigan
7.) Texas
8.) Oklahoma
9.) Georgia
10.) Florida

As poorly as OSU played, they stay in the top four based on potential alone.
Last edited by Omega on Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

No Notre Dame jumps OSU

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

let's not forget the golden domers struggled mightily with a poor , and unranked pitt team. they are very dangerous and capable of a huge upset. but notre dame barely won. Georgia got manhandled. and 4 teams in the top 10 went down. as poorly as the buckeyes looked, they still won by 16. and have some serious key injuries. I think 2 is a deserved slot to elevate to. they have earned it. you're gonna have close games, especially in league play. but had we played like we played yesterday penn state and tcu would have been losses. but still haskins goes for like 412 passing. serious hard day on top 10 teams yesterday.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

No way Nd jumps osu would be BS

i think lsu and maybe even michigan will be over texas (usually wrong) lol

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:12 am No way Nd jumps osu would be BS

The Domers would not jump, but OSU might fall. At this point in the season, OSU is only at best the fourth best team in the BIG 10(14) based on actual performance, not potential. Honestly Michigan may be the second best team in the country come late November.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Right now, Alabama and OSU are by far the best teams in the country. We still have a lot of football left to play though so anything can happen. Clemson, nd, Texas, LSU are a rung or two down on the ladder.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

1. Alabama
2. Ohio State
3. Clemson
4. Notre Dame
5. Texas
6. LSU
7. Michigan
8. UCF
9. Florida
10. Oregon

I'll give you LSU over Michigan, but not Texas. Maryland beat Texas to years in a row, and Michigan rolled Maryland two years in a row.

AT THE RESERVATION
The General
All State

Post by The General »

I think THE TIDE...Clemson.....LSU....and Michigan are the 4 BEST teams in America right now...

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

I'd still put o$u at 2
1 Bama
2 o$u
3 Clemson
4 ND
5 Michigan or LSU
6 LSU
7 Texas

AT THE RESERVATION
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Omega wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:29 am
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:12 am No way Nd jumps osu would be BS

The Domers would not jump, but OSU might fall. At this point in the season, OSU is only at best the fourth best team in the BIG 10(14) based on actual performance, not potential. Honestly Michigan may be the second best team in the country come late November.
Based on actual performance? Do you realize they are the ONLY unbeaten team in the entire conference?

Your pessimism is one thing, but calling them the 4th best team in the conference is laughable.

Sure they have their faults right now. Helen Keller and Stevie Wonder could see that.

But I remember a 2002 team that struggled in MANY games (Cincy, Northwestern, Wisconsin, Purdue, Illinois and *ichigan were all very close or OT games) and ended up beating a team that everyone said could not be beaten (Miami) for the National Championship.

Right now they are undefeated and CLEARLY much to improve on. But 4th best team in the conference? Please.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

The General wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:19 pm I think THE TIDE...Clemson.....LSU....and Michigan are the 4 BEST teams in America right now...
Based on what? Did you look at strength of schedule?

In the Power Index LSU is 10th. Georgia was NOT good and was exposed. Where is Clemson's quality win over a top 25 ranked team? How strong is the ACC? Where is Bama's quality win?

ttun has figured some things out and will be a tough game for sure. But you put them over ND who beat them. Totally clueless dude. You cant erase a head to head loss. It isnt going anywhere.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Bleeding Red wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:53 am
Omega wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:29 am

Based on actual performance? Do you realize they are the ONLY unbeaten team in the entire conference?

Your pessimism is one thing, but calling them the 4th best team in the conference is laughable.

Sure they have their faults right now. Helen Keller and Stevie Wonder could see that.

But I remember a 2002 team that struggled in MANY games (Cincy, Northwestern, Wisconsin, Purdue, Illinois and *ichigan were all very close or OT games) and ended up beating a team that everyone said could not be beaten (Miami) for the National Championship.

Right now they are undefeated and CLEARLY much to improve on. But 4th best team in the conference? Please.

I appreciate your point of view, BR, and value your posts.
I will admit I am a glass half empty guy. I also admit that OSU has the talent and coaching that should win the conference and challenge for the national championship. Yet potential by itself does not win football games. My eyeballs tell me the 2018 Buckeyes are a flawed team mentally. Not in terms of intelligence but in terms of focus and chemistry. Is it Meyer's preseason situation? Is it something else? I do not know, but I do not see a certain State victory against Michigan, Sparty, Iowa, Northwestern, or Purdue if they played today. That said I hope the Bucks can revert to dominating form and make the CFP, but it is my opinion (and only my opinion) that 2018 will wind as an "opportunity lost" season for our beloved Buckeyes.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

In all fairness Omega, we have seen how much of an impact losing one defensive player has been (Bosa) and last week they were without 6 playing the full game.

No excuses, I have gotten extremely frustrated with the back 7 on defense and 2 O linemen over the course of the last 3 or 4 weeks. They definitely have weak areas that need to get stronger, much stronger.
But they are still 7-0 and have the talent. I am anxious to see if they get out of man coverage and go to zone vs Purdont.

Most elite teams have several games where they have to really grit out wins. OSU is no different. Bama couldnt do it last year and lost a game. Keep in mind there have been zero unbeaten teams so far in the college playoffs. It is extremely hard for a team, any team, to go through the season and not have a let down. That is why I think OSU needs to kick it up this week, get past Purdue and go into a 2 week period of no games and get guys rested and healed up. Work on technique and getting these obvious problems fixed. But keep in mind, every team has their weaknesses. OSU's is on defense and running the ball and it is hard for OSU fans to swallow because those are normally our 2 biggest strengths.

Upward and onward. Get to 8-0 no matter how they have to do get it done and get healthy.

The General
All State

Post by The General »

Bleeding Red wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:59 am
The General wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:19 pm I think THE TIDE...Clemson.....LSU....and Michigan are the 4 BEST teams in America right now...

In the Power Index LSU is 10th. Georgia was NOT good and was exposed. Where is Clemson's quality win over a top 25 ranked team? How strong is the ACC? Where is Bama's quality win?

ttun has figured some things out and will be a tough game for sure. But you put them over ND who beat them. Totally clueless dude. You cant erase a head to head loss. It isnt going anywhere.
I dont know "dude" :D ..Everyone is" clueless" compared to a football "afficiendo"...Like you.....Tough guy too :lol: ....But tell me you really dont pay attention to FPI ... :lol: ....I think that LSU is very good...Georgia is very good..AND talented...LSU wore their ass out...BUT it wasnt 55-24 by Iowa..Clemson and THE TIDE both beat Texas A&M....Who is a BETTER football team than anyone ohio has played...big 14 teams are a cumulative 51-37 overall including ass kickings to Temple,ASU,Kansas,Buffalo,Dukies,Akron,EMU,USF,and Troy.

Now..It is really difficult for most intelligent football people,like myself, to take an outfit like ohio seriously...As far as Nationally goes..Yea..They dominate the big 14 and MOST of the Chaff they play OOC... But the fact that they have NEVER beat Clemson..Have NEVER beat FSU...Have NEVER beat Florida..Have NEVER beat Georgia...Have NEVER beat Auburn...Have NEVER beat Tennessee or SCarolina..EVER....ohio is 0-13 vs these opponents All-time...They are 1-3 vs THE TIDE....3-11 vs THE SEC....PSU and Michigan have both beat ohio combined 4 more times than ohio has beaten them...ohio is 22-25 ALL-Time vs THE "Blueblood" programs consisting of SOONER,Texas,Stanford,USC,Va Tech, THE U,and NDame....Digest that for a second,with only ND being THE ONLY program ohio has a winning record against...EVER....Not Rut is it?... :lol:

Plus...the bux have a Losing record All-time in Bowl games....They also have NEVER defeated an opponent at home Out-of-Conference who was a Top 5 ranked ball-club as far as The AP rankings were at the time....EVER....So excuse me for not jumping on the HOMER ship and the big 14 traveling show....

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

The General wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:24 pm

I dont know "dude" :D ..Everyone is" clueless" compared to a football "afficiendo"...Like you.....Tough guy too :lol: ....But tell me you really dont pay attention to FPI ... :lol: ....I think that LSU is very good...Georgia is very good..AND talented...LSU wore their ass out...BUT it wasnt 55-24 by Iowa..Clemson and THE TIDE both beat Texas A&M....Who is a BETTER football team than anyone ohio has played...big 14 teams are a cumulative 51-37 overall including ass kickings to Temple,ASU,Kansas,Buffalo,Dukies,Akron,EMU,USF,and Troy.

Now..It is really difficult for most intelligent football people,like myself, to take an outfit like ohio seriously...As far as Nationally goes..Yea..They dominate the big 14 and MOST of the Chaff they play OOC... But the fact that they have NEVER beat Clemson..Have NEVER beat FSU...Have NEVER beat Florida..Have NEVER beat Georgia...Have NEVER beat Auburn...Have NEVER beat Tennessee or SCarolina..EVER....ohio is 0-13 vs these opponents All-time...They are 1-3 vs THE TIDE....3-11 vs THE SEC....PSU and Michigan have both beat ohio combined 4 more times than ohio has beaten them...ohio is 22-25 ALL-Time vs THE "Blueblood" programs consisting of SOONER,Texas,Stanford,USC,Va Tech, THE U,and NDame....Digest that for a second,with only ND being THE ONLY program ohio has a winning record against...EVER....Not Rut is it?... :lol:

Plus...the bux have a Losing record All-time in Bowl games....They also have NEVER defeated an opponent at home Out-of-Conference who was a Top 5 ranked ball-club as far as The AP rankings were at the time....EVER....So excuse me for not jumping on the HOMER ship and the big 14 traveling show....
Stick with this year's current stats or it doesnt matter. "Dude".

The General
All State

Post by The General »

Maybe to an ohio HOMER like you "dude"ette

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

I didnt realize that this topic would escalate so quickly 😱

The General
All State

Post by The General »

Its all good on my end Valenth :D .....Just having some fun with SEOPS "Resident" Football Genius!! And ...Badass..lol...The esteemed ohio HOMER...AKA "MIghty Minford Falcon"...RedBoy....AND....Dude"Ette"...I do like it when he talks schemes :lol: :lol: :lol: ....Has the worse case of Envytidehatesec on this BOARD but to each his own..lol

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

The General wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:24 pm

But the fact that they have NEVER beat Clemson..Have NEVER beat FSU...Have NEVER beat Florida..Have NEVER beat Georgia...Have NEVER beat Auburn...Have NEVER beat Tennessee or SCarolina..EVER....ohio is 0-13 vs these opponents All-time...They are 1-3 vs THE TIDE....3-11 vs THE SEC....PSU and Michigan have both beat ohio combined 4 more times than ohio has beaten them...ohio is 22-25 ALL-Time vs THE "Blueblood" programs consisting of SOONER,Texas,Stanford,USC,Va Tech, THE U,and NDame....Digest that for a second,with only ND being THE ONLY program ohio has a winning record against...EVER....Not Rut is it?... :lol:

Hit the nail on the head here. Agree General. :D

Return to “College Sports”