Parking fee at Jackson for future OSHAA tourney games...

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Parking fee at Jackson for future OSHAA tourney games...

Post by Orange and Brown »

Zunardo wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:12 pm
hbk1999 wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:57 pm the reason is legit

The ohsaa won’t let you charge for parking at tournament games If you don’t normally charge during regular season..
That is incorrect. OHSAA only provides guidance IF a host school decides to charge for parking to host tournament games (see link, item 16). There are no stipulations about having to charge during the regular season first.

Therefore, the reason reportedly given by the Jackson staff to justify charging during the regular season is bogus. It would be better to be upfront and say "we charge for parking during the regular season as a revenue generator" and not try to put it on OHSAA.

https://www.ohsaa.org/sports/ft/boys/ftrglt.pdf
They actually encourage schools to charge so the host school makes a little more because they don't make much from the tickets.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

smurray wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:03 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:27 pm Waverly changed two weeks ago when Burg was up there. Not sure if they have charged all season but they made a ton of music new that night.

Burg should charge to park and use that money to blacktop the parking lot. They have painted, very poorly the lines to park in but it is amazing how many people cannot park at the Burg parking lot.
Waverly has charged for 2 or 3 years now. Its not uncommon - People complain about that but not about $6 or $7 for a ticket.
Family of 4 to a game charging $2 to park and $5 per tick = $22
Family of 4 to a game charging $6 per ticket but free parking = $24
Which would you rather pay?????

Not knocking that they charge to park. I noticed when Burg played Zane Trace in the playoffs most of the parking lot was gravel. Next year it was asphalt. Burg needs to do the same thing and then blacktop their lot.

BillC
Riding the Bench

Post by BillC »

vladimir wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:42 pm You never know what will happen when you have out of town plates. I lived in right downtown Cincinnati for many years, and I've seen it all. I wouldn't put anything past anyone.
So you think the people who volunteer their time, to help raise money for the kids, actually go around your car and magically check to see who is from out of town, and then charge only those people. Yeah right. That’s just stupid.
Hillsboro didn’t bring enough fans to even be worth their time and effort.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:24 pm
smurray wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:03 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:27 pm Waverly changed two weeks ago when Burg was up there. Not sure if they have charged all season but they made a ton of music new that night.

Burg should charge to park and use that money to blacktop the parking lot. They have painted, very poorly the lines to park in but it is amazing how many people cannot park at the Burg parking lot.
Waverly has charged for 2 or 3 years now. Its not uncommon - People complain about that but not about $6 or $7 for a ticket.
Family of 4 to a game charging $2 to park and $5 per tick = $22
Family of 4 to a game charging $6 per ticket but free parking = $24
Which would you rather pay?????

Not knocking that they charge to park. I noticed when Burg played Zane Trace in the playoffs most of the parking lot was gravel. Next year it was asphalt. Burg needs to do the same thing and then blacktop their lot.
That’s hilarious, lol.
Paying $2.00 to park didn’t pay for the parking lot to be paved. Maybe it went towards it but that’s funny. Waverly has done a ton of facilities improvements downtown, so if charging $2.00 to park helps with those improvements, so be it.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Is parking fees tax deductible?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

If it was me I’d charge either $2 or a non perishable food item. I’m a doomsday prepper and those would come in very handy!!

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Why does it matter if you park in gravel, grass or asphalt? My family has nice vehicles but we don't care where we park or how far we have to walk. The one thing we don't like is paying to park for a high school game.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

BillC wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:30 pm
vladimir wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:42 pm You never know what will happen when you have out of town plates. I lived in right downtown Cincinnati for many years, and I've seen it all. I wouldn't put anything past anyone.
So you think the people who volunteer their time, to help raise money for the kids, actually go around your car and magically check to see who is from out of town, and then charge only those people. Yeah right. That’s just stupid.
If you read the previous post before I answered you'd know its not about that. I'm talking about parking in some random parking lot "Down the hill," and having some local yocal towing company come by, see you have outta town plates, and haul your car away. This does happen. Go park outside the lines up on Court St., in Athens and see what happens. Anyhow, the question I have is, why did I have to pay $2.00 b/c Jackson hosts OHSAA football tournaments when this was a league game?

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
hbk1999
JV Team

Post by hbk1999 »

Call ohsaa
They will tell you if you don’t charge during regular season you can’t charge during tournament play

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

^ Sounds like a big scam to me.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

vladimir wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:13 pm
If you read the previous post before I answered you'd know its not about that. I'm talking about parking in some random parking lot "Down the hill," and having some local yocal towing company come by, see you have outta town plates, and haul your car away. This does happen. Go park outside the lines up on Court St., in Athens and see what happens. Anyhow, the question I have is, why did I have to pay $2.00 b/c Jackson hosts OHSAA football tournaments when this was a league game?
Stay in muleton and watch the falcons . Or put Jackson on your schedule and I’ll oay your 2$. We know that’ll never happen

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

vladimir wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:52 pm ^ Sounds like a big scam to me.
I may have a solution for you. Get there around 3:00 or so when the kids are getting out of school, mingle with the parents who are coming to pick there kids up, find yourself a parking spot, take a nap for a couple hours, and you be all relaxed and ready to go to the game. See how easy that was.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Ironton charges 3.00

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Yes, the middle school is down below the hill and it has a bunch of parking spots they'll tow you away for parking a the school. LOL. Bad part is you really believe that, that is hilarious. Go back and research the threads you'll find it there, I'm sure you complained there too. Your question as to the why was answered, you can't charge for tournament games if you're not charging all year long. That's one of the reasons Waverly started having people pay for parking it happened right at the time they had the field that was available to host games.

Flyers58
Freshman Team

Post by Flyers58 »

mattash wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:36 am Ironton charges 3.00
I dont think it is Ironton that charges 3 bucks as I think it is Ohio U since it is their lot you are parking on.......the 1st Baptist Church across from the field charges 2 bucks and that is the Church lot and not the high school.........Ironton has no parking lots available, most people have to park on the city streets around the school.......for FREE I might add........

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

greygoose wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:19 am

Yes, the middle school is down below the hill and it has a bunch of parking spots they'll tow you away for parking a the school. LOL. Bad part is you really believe that, that is hilarious. Go back and research the threads you'll find it there, I'm sure you complained there too. Your question as to the why was answered, you can't charge for tournament games if you're not charging all year long. That's one of the reasons Waverly started having people pay for parking it happened right at the time they had the field that was available to host games.
Absolutely false. You do not have to charge during the season to be able to charge for postseason. We've had this discussion with the OHSAA.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

People have their cars towed when they park in “some random parking lot” because they are too stupid not to look for the “private parking - violators will be towed at owner’s expense.” I don’t think having a ‘73’ license plate sticker makes you anymore susceptible to being towed than someone who is from Jackson Co. Pretty sure that wrecker & flatbed services are equal opportunity towers.

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

$2.00 is a small fee to pay for parking at a sporting event! Get Real!

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I have found zero Kentucky teams that charge for Parking and only one from WV.
When going to Indiana neither location I was at charged.

Ohio is notorious for charging for parking on public land.

Return to “Football”