Joe Burrow- Athens, OSU, LSU, WHO DEY!

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Re: The Joey Burrow Thread (former SEOPS Player of the Year)

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Im not gonna taunt to much i just dont see how 15-30 for 200 0-0 is special.... With that being said i did not watch the game so did not see leader ship or his passes

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Great win by Joe.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

se-alum wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:18 am Joey can do the Buckeyes a solid today! I'm not sold on GA. Good running game, but struggle to throw the ball consistently. This is the first competition the Dawgs have seen this year, LSU has been through it several times. That could be a factor.
I think you hit it right on the head. I thought he again managed the game very well, his passing and running was right on. He has not only won the coaches and the players over big time, but the fans of LSU have never seen a QB do the things for there team that Joey has been able to do. Couldn't happen to a nicer kid.

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:09 pm Im not gonna taunt to much i just dont see how 15-30 for 200 0-0 is special.... With that being said i did not watch the game so did not see leader ship or his passes
Lot of those missed passes were very catchable.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

rickoshay wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:20 am
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:09 pm Im not gonna taunt to much i just dont see how 15-30 for 200 0-0 is special.... With that being said i did not watch the game so did not see leader ship or his passes
Lot of those missed passes were very catchable.
Like i said i did not watch so did not know for sure

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Georgia No-2 team in the Country, Stats don't always tell the whole story, you did not watch the game at all, yet you decide to taunt just a little. I would say that if you asked the LSU coaches,Players, and the Fans that they would say that it was pretty " Special ".

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Burreaux generates wins over quality opponents for his team rather than stats for himself. Joe chose wisely.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Joe can definitely beat teams with his legs if he wanted. Joey gives u 200 yards passing and 70 yards rushing. Probably over 100. The running backs give 200 yards rushing. They are a balance offense now. LSU is probably the only team in the country that can beat Bama. OSU, Clemson, and Notre Dame aren’t very good. Just beating bad teams

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Joe made some good throws, Joe missed some throws. The kid's a leader though. Tough kid that seems to make a big play when it's needed.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Joe bringing back the swagger to LSU

I still remember Burrow and Jalen Hudson talking trash in basketball. Dude is a winner

The General
All State

Post by The General »

Joe B is doing a Hell of a job in Baton Rouge!!!....Smart... And ultra competitive...Maybe not quite as athletic or flashy as some but he is doing a tremendous job!!...Just what the Dr. ordered...Gets them into the right plays....Is accurate enough...Tougher than nails...They love him there...Playing in the ELITE Conference in America,WITH the opportunity for ALL the marbles...Hell of a story ....Reminds me so much Physically of Tom Brady and the way he carries himself it is frightening!!....I will tell you this. If they Win THE SEC and the Big Ring...?..I would not be shocked and Joe would be the PRIMARY reason for what he has given to them..I mean LSU has ALWAYS been elite...Since the turn of the Century,for example, they have won MORE games than ANYONE in the big 14, for instance, not named ohio....With 2 National Rings under 2 Coaches. So their success is not surprising this year to anyone who KNOWS anything...BUT...Joe Burrow gives this outfit that intangible at that position that MAY drive them a long way!!....What a ballgame it will be between The Tigers and THE TIDE in a few weeks....In THE SEC...It Just Means More...

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

The General wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:44 pm Joe B is doing a Hell of a job in Baton Rouge!!!....Smart... And ultra competitive...Maybe not quite as athletic or flashy as some but he is doing a tremendous job!!...Just what the Dr. ordered...Gets them into the right plays....Is accurate enough...Tougher than nails...They love him there...Playing in the ELITE Conference in America,WITH the opportunity for ALL the marbles...Hell of a story ....Reminds me so much Physically of Tom Brady and the way he carries himself it is frightening!!....I will tell you this. If they Win THE SEC and the Big Ring...?..I would not be shocked and Joe would be the PRIMARY reason for what he has given to them..I mean LSU has ALWAYS been elite...Since the turn of the Century,for example, they have won MORE games than ANYONE in the big 14, for instance, not named ohio....With 2 National Rings under 2 Coaches. So their success is not surprising this year to anyone who KNOWS anything...BUT...Joe Burrow gives this outfit that intangible at that position that MAY drive them a long way!!....What a ballgame it will be between The Tigers and THE TIDE in a few weeks....In THE SEC...It Just Means More...
Great Post!

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Fine QB and athlete. Great run. Most not over look Miis St with Alabama on the horizon. He’s fun to watch and happy for him and his team !

Older bird
Freshman Team

Post by Older bird »

Hard to explain but the “it” factor is there with this young man. Has earned respect in Deep South. And that’s saying something

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

I'm sure they were pretty skeptical of him, being a Northern kid coming to play $ec ball.

AT THE RESERVATION
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I said in an earlier post that at the end of the year that the Playoff Committee would do everything in there power to try to match OSU and LSU in a bowl game. I'm more convinced than ever, that if each team ends with a couple losses, that they will try to do that. It would be one of the highest rated games of the year as far as TV is concerned. The way that LSU plays defense, and the way that the Buckeyes play defense, I really believe that Burrows would pick them apart, and that the Tigers would beat the Buckeyes. Remember he has played with and practiced against most of these Buckeye players for 2 or 3 years. He would know more about who to pick on, they wouldn't have to watch much film.

The General
All State

Post by The General »

This is reality...Not perception or some false national narrative..Rank them...ohio vs LSU
O-Line- LSU(when healthy)...Although ohio's line gives the Clod-hopper more time to throw it than anyone...
Receivers- I would give the edge to ohio...butby a very narrow margin
QB- Haskins spins the ball so nice and is VERY accurate..But I like Joe and the intangibles he brings to the position and his team..
Special teams-LSU
Running Backs- LSU..And it is NOT close

D-Line- Would probably give a slight edge to LSU with ohio's kid out...But close
LBs-Not EVEN close....LSU
BackEnd-NOT EVEN as Close.....LSU

Coaching? :lol: :lol: :lol:

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

Does that mean you are favoring the pontiff on that last one there general,or ole bumbling ed ? :lol:

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

The General wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:10 pm This is reality...Not perception or some false national narrative..Rank them...ohio vs LSU
O-Line- LSU(when healthy)...Although ohio's line gives the Clod-hopper more time to throw it than anyone...
Receivers- I would give the edge to ohio...butby a very narrow margin
QB- Haskins spins the ball so nice and is VERY accurate..But I like Joe and the intangibles he brings to the position and his team..
Special teams-LSU
Running Backs- LSU..And it is NOT close

D-Line- Would probably give a slight edge to LSU with ohio's kid out...But close
LBs-Not EVEN close....LSU
BackEnd-NOT EVEN as Close.....LSU

Coaching? :lol: :lol: :lol:
I agree! You seem to have hit it right on the head. I can't see the Buckeyes fixing all there problems just because of having a bye week.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Joe Burrow will be in attendance at the Athens/Nelsonville-York game

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

http://www.djournal.com/sports/national ... 8619d.html
How are LSU players spending bye week before Alabama? Many headed home for a few days

Quarterback Joe Burrow was headed back home to Athens, Ohio, to catch his alma mater Athens High School take on its archrival, Nelsonville York.
“My mind and body needed a break,” Burrow said. “That’ll be great for me.”

By the way, what was your record at Athens against Nelsonville, Joe?
“Four-and-0, baby,” Burrow said with a broad smile.

Return to “Football”