Parking fee at Jackson for future OSHAA tourney games...

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Parking fee at Jackson for future OSHAA tourney games...

Post by greygoose »

Orange and Brown wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:07 am
greygoose wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:19 am
vladimir wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:13 pm

If you read the previous post before I answered you'd know its not about that. I'm talking about parking in some random parking lot "Down the hill," and having some local yocal towing company come by, see you have outta town plates, and haul your car away. This does happen. Go park outside the lines up on Court St., in Athens and see what happens. Anyhow, the question I have is, why did I have to pay $2.00 b/c Jackson hosts OHSAA football tournaments when this was a league game?
Yes, the middle school is down below the hill and it has a bunch of parking spots they'll tow you away for parking a the school. LOL. Bad part is you really believe that, that is hilarious. Go back and research the threads you'll find it there, I'm sure you complained there too. Your question as to the why was answered, you can't charge for tournament games if you're not charging all year long. That's one of the reasons Waverly started having people pay for parking it happened right at the time they had the field that was available to host games.
Absolutely false. You do not have to charge during the season to be able to charge for postseason. We've had this discussion with the OHSAA.
Really?? Then if that is the case some teams are feeding a line to people

allmericanironman
Waterboy

Post by allmericanironman »

Orange and Brown wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:16 pm
Zunardo wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:12 pm
hbk1999 wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:57 pm the reason is legit

The ohsaa won’t let you charge for parking at tournament games If you don’t normally charge during regular season..
That is incorrect. OHSAA only provides guidance IF a host school decides to charge for parking to host tournament games (see link, item 16). There are no stipulations about having to charge during the regular season first.

Therefore, the reason reportedly given by the Jackson staff to justify charging during the regular season is bogus. It would be better to be upfront and say "we charge for parking during the regular season as a revenue generator" and not try to put it on OHSAA.

https://www.ohsaa.org/sports/ft/boys/ftrglt.pdf
They actually encourage schools to charge so the host school makes a little more because they don't make much from the tickets.
Hello O&B

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:47 am I have found zero Kentucky teams that charge for Parking and only one from WV.
When going to Indiana neither location I was at charged.

Ohio is notorious for charging for parking on public land.
Cheap!

Barber1973
Freshman Team

Post by Barber1973 »

Thank u O/B. Thats absolutely. BS that u have 2 charge regular season if u wanna charge fer playoffs parking. NY never charges fer regular season. But come playoff tjme they do

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

LHS 72 wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:34 am
LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:47 am I have found zero Kentucky teams that charge for Parking and only one from WV.

Cheap!
How are they cheap for not charging? :oops:

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

^It's not the fee, its the reasoning behind it. Jackson is nickel and diming their patrons.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
23tdb
Riding the Bench

Post by 23tdb »

vladimir wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:29 pm I traveled to Jackson to watch the game against Hillsboro, and I was charged $2.00 to park at the high school. I asked if I was paying for private parking b/c I've never heard of having to pay to park at a school and then pay to get into the game. The lady at the parking lot taking the $2.00 told me it was b/c Jackson hosts OHSAAfootball tournament games....??????? lol!

WTF, This wasn't a tournament game and the OHSAA determines the site the week of the game if the location makes sense for travel of the two schools. So, there's no guarantee Jackson would even host an OHSAA tournament game.

Is this for real, or were these two gals from Jackson ripping HS football fans off for some beer money later that evening????

If u don’t wanna pay then walk up the hill or dont watch the game it’s simple.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

It’s $2.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

I personally don’t mind the public district charging for parking, but the last year that we played the Green Wave in Newark (2013) the Newark Catholic folks were charging for parking. Wasn’t aware that White Field and its property belonged to them. Ridiculous!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

formerfcfan wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:20 pm

I personally don’t mind the public district charging for parking, but the last year that we played the Green Wave in Newark (2013) the Newark Catholic folks were charging for parking. Wasn’t aware that White Field and its property belonged to them. Ridiculous!
It doesn't, but when they have a home game it is their facility and they can charge is they choose to.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Jackson charges $2 to park and then the money goes to help fund the athletic program. I know people hate it, but it helps out the kids who play sports at Jackson and also allows the school district to avoid going to a "pay-to-play" format as some school districts have had to do.

My guess is that the woman who was collecting money has simply been misinformed, or she just spoke incorrectly. Or maybe she's tired of people complaining about having to pay TWO DOLLARS to park at an athletic event and just said whatever came to mind.

Whatever the case, the money is helping fund the athletic program. Jackson isn't just trying to swindle people out of their hard-earned money. If you don't want to pay the $2, then don't go to games at Jackson, especially when it's not even your team that's playing. It blows my mind that people make such an issue out of this year after year. Three pages of this stuff all because of $2.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

I pay to park at Jackson, wellston and Chillicothe among others . I have zero problem donating to any of those athlete programs .

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Poo Bear wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:16 pm I pay to park at Jackson, wellston and Chillicothe among others . I have zero problem donating to any of those athlete programs .
But wouldn't you rather complain about it on Southeastern Ohio Preps instead?

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Hell put out a donation bucket at every gAme and I’ll drop 2$ in it. Small price to pay to watch a sport we all love. I’m a Jackson fan and if the wellston rockets need help for their program I’ll drop some cash in the bucket

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

ironman02 wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:22 pm
Poo Bear wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:16 pm I pay to park at Jackson, wellston and Chillicothe among others . I have zero problem donating to any of those athlete programs .
But wouldn't you rather complain about it on Southeastern Ohio Preps instead?
No man not much a complainer, it’s high school sports , the kids need support and I’ll help any program.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I think they charge 3 bucks now. I agree its Ridiculous,

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:56 pm

I think they charge 3 bucks now. I agree its Ridiculous,
Chillicothe also charges 3$
Still not a big deal

Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

I have no problem with schools charging a modest fee, i.e. $2, to park for varsity events only.

I wish Belpre would do this.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

You shouldn't have to pay to park for amateur sports unless it's playoffs. Period. Paying to park is ludicrous. If you need money that bad as a district maybe you should look at where your money is going when people pay admission for kindergarteners and 2 dollars for a small slice of pizza. Many small schools don't make you pay to park plus their concession stand prices are cheaper, and better food. Paying to park is a rip off.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

vladimir wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:03 am ^It's not the fee, its the reasoning behind it. Jackson is nickel and diming their patrons.
I’ll pay your $2 every trip to Jackson if you’ll quit crying about the words of a teacher’s aide.

Return to “Football”