• Standings
2018/19 Athens Bulldogs viewtopic.php?f=4&t=67669
2018/19 Alexander Spartans viewtopic.php?f=4&t=69681
2018/19 Meigs Marauders viewtopic.php?f=4&t=69683
2018/19 Nelsonville-York Buckeyes viewtopic.php?f=4&t=69684
2018/19 River Valley Raiders viewtopic.php?f=4&t=69572
2018/19 Vinton County Vikings viewtopic.php?f=4&t=69686
2018/19 Wellston Golden Rockets viewtopic.php?f=4&t=69687

I think the TVC-Ohio is in for one of the most interesting seasons in recent memory. Athens feels like the odds-on favorite, but Alexander is dangerous, VC is so well coached it is hard to count them out and Weston Baer is a really really good player for Meigs. So who do you guys think is the favorite to take home player of the year?

ShoeHorn
JV Team

Re: TVC-Ohio Player of the Year favorites?

Post by ShoeHorn »

Logan Maxfield - Athens

moorelukas
Riding the Bench

Post by moorelukas »

How about a list? In no order.
Logan Maxfield - Athens
Caleb Terry - Alexander
Weston Baer - Meigs
Eli Griffith - Vinton County
Brayden Allen - Nelsonville-York
??? -Wellston
??? - River Valley

bburner
Freshman Team

Post by bburner »

moorelukas wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:22 pm How about a list? In no order.
Logan Maxfield - Athens
Caleb Terry - Alexander
Weston Baer - Meigs
??? -Wellston
??? - River Valley
Allen is not playing for NY this year

ShoeHorn
JV Team

Post by ShoeHorn »

Logan Maxfield - Athens
Caleb Terry - Alexander
Weston Baer - Meigs
??? -Wellston
??? - River Valley
I probably would include seniors Justin Hynes-Athens, Dylan Mecum-Alexander and Zach Bartrum-Meigs to the list.

JWICK24
Waterboy

Post by JWICK24 »

Best player in the conference is easily Baer for Meigs (Although he tends to be a little soft and not impose his game on opposing teams). If meigs is improved and is challenging for the TVC title the Baer will probably be right their near the top of the list. The Terry kid for Alex is unique in that no one else in the conference can match his size and he has the ability to really affect the game on both ends with his soft touch and his length on defense. When it comes to Athens it would have to be either Hines or Maxfield. Hines is a steady presence down low would comes to play with his craftiness and physicality, while Maxfield is a very balanced all around player who stuffs the stat sheet and affects the game even when you don't "notice" him throughout the game at times. For NY they run everything through the Bohyer kid and expect them to do so again but don't expect them to compete for the TVC or win enough games for him to be relevant in the race. Wellston and RV don't have really any stand out players for the award. Wellston lost a lot of seniors and will be more of a have to win as a team rather than having a standout player. RV most talented player was a bit of a head case I believe and they won't be relevant enough to matter as they will be near the bottom of the conference, even with a new coaching staff just not enough talent.

moorelukas
Riding the Bench

Post by moorelukas »

Allen not playing means NY is a ???. We all know the player of the year is going to come from the team that wins the conference, barring something amazing. Athens IS the conference favorite, so I think I could realistically see 5 Bulldogs taking home this award.

Logan Maxfield- feels like the odds-on favorite, had an amazing second-half of the season last year.
Justin Hynes- 2-time All-TVC player, struggles to score against teams with bigger post players, but can dominate much of the TVC-Ohio.
Eli Chubb- Had multiple 20+ point games, plus the kid eats, breathes and sleeps basketball.
Isaiah Butcher- Has the TALENT to score 20 a game. Can score from the post and outside.
Elijah Williams- the most athletic player on the team. If he refined his game in the offseason, he could win this award.

But Athens is going to be good/great if they put in the necessary work in the offseason.

bburner
Freshman Team

Post by bburner »

This topic became a circus last year, lol......kinda fun though. I'm gonna focus on team. Athens does have many players who may get consideration. They are so darn deep. I agree w/ JWICK24 but not sure about Baer being the best in the league??? Hines WOULD be my 1st choice from the Bulldogs. My pick, however is Terry from Alexander, especially if they go to him like they should & it is possible they could steal the league from Athens.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

A couple of the seniors that stick out in my mind for RV, are G Layne Fitch and G Rory Twyman.

Once A Raider, Always A Raider!
Homie Chadwell
Riding the Bench

Post by Homie Chadwell »

Good thing we dont play in the Ohio. Otherwise this conversation would be moot.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Logan Maxfield - Athens
Caleb Terry - Alexander
Weston Baer - Meigs
??? -Wellston
??? - River Valley
Brayden Allen is no longer at Nelsonville-York

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
spartans_fan
Varsity

Re: 2018/19 TVC-Ohio

Post by spartans_fan »

Caleb Terry needs to touch the ball every time down the floor. To have a kid with that kind of size and touch and to only get the ball about 6 times a game is criminal.

Maxfield really impressed last year.
Meigs has some nice guard play.
VC lost a ton to graduation and transfer.

vcgrad
All Conference

Re: 2018/19 TVC-Ohio (Predictions, POY Talk, Scheules & More)

Post by vcgrad »

Between Alex and Athens--- but give the nod to Athens- better talent---Alex will never be stable with their coach--I see him lose 2 or 3 games --just from bad coaching.... Even at the convo he cost them the game. He needs to use his big boy-- if he does not---very long year.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I also think that Athens probably has the most talent in the league, top to bottom. I also don't think that Alexander ran there offense near enough by going through Terry. To me Weston Baer is one of the best 2 or 3 players in the league, at times he's a little to unselfish.

JustusLeague
Freshman Team

Post by JustusLeague »

Chubb for Athens will be the leader, I see others on the team that hustle but all around sound player, it will be him. Can move well for a big man. As for the rest of the TVC, I see some teams being competitive, NY, will be bad again this year. AD still has unrealistic expectations for the coach, some kids are not even playing bc of him. Sadness continues in Buchtel.

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

Give me Athens or give me death!

basketball12349
Riding the Bench

Post by basketball12349 »

ShoeHorn wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:32 pm Logan Maxfield - Athens
Ha

Chuck Finley
Riding the Bench

Post by Chuck Finley »

From what I have heard, Meigs is the TVC champs.
They have the player of the year in Baer (unless he shares it with Bartrum) and the “best freshmen class” in the history of the school. They ran off the coach with the best winning percentage in school history to get a better coach to lead them to new heights of glory. Why even bother playing the games?

Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

Chuck Finley wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:16 am From what I have heard, Meigs is the TVC champs.
They have the player of the year in Baer (unless he shares it with Bartrum) and the “best freshmen class” in the history of the school. They ran off the coach with the best winning percentage in school history to get a better coach to lead them to new heights of glory. Why even bother playing the games?
only saw a few games over his time but was very unimpressed with old coach

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I also only saw Meigs play a couple times. I knew very little about there coach. It did seem to me that the defense that they played, did seem to give a couple teams a lot of trouble.

Return to “Boys Basketball”