Gallia Week 11?

BlueLion4Life
Freshman Team

Re: Gallia Week 11?

Post by BlueLion4Life »

Which would in theory leave them behind GA at #3. But as you stated if Buckeye Trail wins they could take the #2 Spot.

Interestingly, My Numbers reflect GA at 20.05 PTS with Fairland/River Valley winning. and If Buckeye Trail was to win (with the already stated possible L2 Points) then that would bring their total to 20.05 as well. That would in turn create a situation where L3 points would actually be needed.

I think we actually want Chesapeake to beat Fairland and River Valley win......Fairland is worth 5PTS where Peake is only worth 4.5

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

No worries! Easy to make mistakes when running the numbers. Drew Pasteur (Fantastic 50) had the same numbers I did so I felt pretty good, but know I can screw up.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

BlueLion4Life wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:07 pm Which would in theory leave them behind GA at #3. But as you stated if Buckeye Trail wins they could take the #2 Spot.

Interestingly, My Numbers reflect GA at 20.05 PTS with Fairland/River Valley winning. and If Buckeye Trail was to win (with the already stated possible L2 Points) then that would bring their total to 20.05 as well. That would in turn create a situation where L3 points would actually be needed.

I think we actually want Chesapeake to beat Fairland and River Valley win......Fairland is worth 5PTS where Peake is only worth 4.5
So - you can choose what to root for based on what seed/opponent you want for GA.

Games to watch:

GA Opponents:

Alexander/Meigs - Meigs win means more points for GA

River Valley/South Gallia - RV win means more points for GA

Fairland/Chesapeake - Peake win means more points for GA

Rock Hill/Coal Grove - CG win means more points for GA

Indian Valley Opponents:

Coshocton/River View - Cochocton win means more points for IV

Akron Manchester/Cuy Valley Chri Acad - Manchester win means more points for IV

Buckeye Trail/East Canton - Buckeye Trail win means more points for IV

John Glenn Opponents: (If GA is three seed, possible opponent)

West Muskingum/Monroe Central - West M means more points for JG. Moves them to #5 seed.

Unioto Opponents:

Vinton County/Wellston - VC win means more points for Unioto; could possibly move them to #5 seed if West M loses to MC

These teams control their own destiny:

Licking Valley
Win and in at Licking Heights. Will either be the #7 seed or OUT.

Fairland
Win and in at Chesapeake. Could be #7 seed (if LV loses) or #8 (if win and LV wins)

Fairland can still get in with a loss if LV lose to Licking Heights. Would be #8 behind Philo (if Philo beats New Lex).

And the team who needs help:

Philo

A) Need to beat New Lex.

B) If LV and Fairland win, Philo is out.

C) If LV or Fairland lose, Philo would pass the loser with a win over New Lex. If both lose, Philo could climb to #7.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Just win baby.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

GalliaGrad78 wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:34 pm Just win baby.
The best part for GA is they don't even have to win this week. They'll host regardless.

But I agree with Coach P - time to be selfish. No sharing the OVC title.

BlueLion4Life
Freshman Team

Post by BlueLion4Life »

loganlocos wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:50 pm
The best part for GA is they don't even have to win this week. They'll host regardless.

Yea all that hard work and it would be disappointing for the
players to have to share the title. definitely need the win (and should definitely get it).

So rooting for teams to win/lose for better seeding...... I guess you can. LOL :lol:

Just excited that the BIG BLUE is hosting a play-off game. It's there first year in a while. Interestingly, the last time they made the play-offs they hosted the first round then too.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

BlueLion4Life wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:53 pm
players to have to share the title. definitely need the win (and should definitely get it).

So rooting for teams to win/lose for better seeding...... I guess you can. LOL :lol:

Just excited that the BIG BLUE is hosting a play-off game. It's there first year in a while. Interestingly, the last time they made the play-offs they hosted the first round then too.
2012 I think?

I believe that playoff game with McNicholas was my last trip to the French City for a football game. Looking forward to making the trip down next week.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

loganlocos wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:15 pm

2012 I think?

I believe that playoff game with McNicholas was my last trip to the French City for a football game. Looking forward to making the trip down next week.
Gallipolis beat McNick by 2 that year in a good 4/5 matchup and then were demolished byThurgood Marshall 68-9 in week #12.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

That Thurgood team had the weirdest offense of all time. I couldn’t even tell who had the ball from the stands. Too bad they got upset week 14. Would have loved to seen them play SVSM

BlueLion4Life
Freshman Team

Post by BlueLion4Life »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:33 pm
loganlocos wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:15 pm

2012 I think?

Gallipolis beat McNick by 2 that year in a good 4/5 matchup and then were demolished byThurgood Marshall 68-9 in week #12.
Yes I remember those games.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Raider6309 wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:42 pm That Thurgood team had the weirdest offense of all time. I couldn’t even tell who had the ball from the stands. Too bad they got upset week 14. Would have loved to seen them play SVSM
True

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Because most of the opponents of licking valley and Galla academy the ones that have a chance to win makes little difference that spot will be close. Very well like 19.75 to 19.70. Or 19.80 to 19.75 I am pretty confident that 4 will be bloom Carroll 5 John Glenn and 6 unioto.

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

Pretty confident that Licking Valley loses to Licking Heights and that Monroe Central beats West M. If that helps some of those predicting.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

teach1coach2 wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:11 pm Pretty confident that Licking Valley loses to Licking Heights and that Monroe Central beats West M. If that helps some of those predicting.
Really? I can’t get a read on the Licking game but trust your insight.

I agree on West M.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

This Fighting Tiger wishes only the best for the Blue Devils and their continued success. Winning the OVC and hosting in week 11 is a big boost to their program. Hey loganlocos, did you notice today marks 10 years since you joined SEOPREPS?

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
BlueLion4Life
Freshman Team

Post by BlueLion4Life »

loganlocos wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:07 pm
teach1coach2 wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:11 pm Pretty confident that Licking Valley loses to Licking Heights and that Monroe Central beats West M. If that helps some of those predicting.
Really? I can’t get a read on the Licking game but trust your insight.

I agree on West M.
I don't know much about the Licking's......but comparing their schedules and like opponents they are pretty similar outcomes. I know thats kind of like comparing apples and oranges, as each game is different. I guess we will see.

BlueLion4Life
Freshman Team

Post by BlueLion4Life »

By the way, Indian Valley beat Claymont tonight. 52-6. I didn't realize they were playing tonight.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

svac83 wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:24 pm Because most of the opponents of licking valley and Galla academy the ones that have a chance to win makes little difference that spot will be close. Very well like 19.75 to 19.70. Or 19.80 to 19.75 I am pretty confident that 4 will be bloom Carroll 5 John Glenn and 6 unioto.
I meant Indian valley where this says licking valley

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Usually it seems to me when licking heights and licking valley seem pretty even licking valley usually a little better. But who knows

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

loganlocos wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:50 pm

That will be a mudfest! It’s supposed to rain all week can you imagine what Memorial Field will be like? I’m surprised that they let us host a game, seriously!
Also if we get John Glenn it won’t be a cake walk, our league is not very good!!we have no idea how good we are.

Return to “Football”