11/3 NEBRASKA CORNHUSKERS @ OHIO STATE BUCKEYES.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

11/3 NEBRASKA CORNHUSKERS @ OHIO STATE BUCKEYES.

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK HERE. CAN THE BYE WEEK PROVIDE THE BUCKEYES WITH SOME MUCH NEEDED ''WEST AND WEWAXATION'' IN THE IMMORTAL WORDS OF ELMER FUDD. TIME TO CLEAR SOME HEADS AND WORK OUT SOME THINGS, OR DOES THE WEEK OF BEING OFF BRING THE BUCKEYES BACK OUT FARTHER BEHIND. WE ALL KNOW THE BUCKEYES HAVE THE TALENT TO WIN OUT, BUT ARE PLAYING NOTHING LIKE THAT. AND DOWN THE ROAD IN A MONTH. MICHIGAN IS THE HOTTEST TEAM GOING BESIDES BAMA AND CLEMSON. AND LOOKING VERY MUCH THE PART FOR A PLAYOFF TEAM. WE NEED TO GET REFOCUSED, COME OUT SWINGING AND GET SOME HELP ALONG THE WAY. BUT THERE IS A LOT OF FOOTBALL LEFT TO BE PLAYED.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Valenth
SEOP

Re: 11/3 NEBRASKA CORNHUSKERS @ OHIO STATE BUCKEYES.

Post by Valenth »

I feel like the Buckeyes come out mad.. And I see them scoring 50 plus.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

The situation and reasons about Ohio State's football regression has been discussed ad nauseam. At this stage of the season, the Buckeyes are what they are, a middle of the pack Big 10 team. One dimensional on offense, porous on defense and special teams. They are on the verge of total collapse.

Nebraska football on the other hand seems to be on the ascendancy. They have only one win on the season, defeating Minnesota last week 53-28, the same Gopher team that outplayed the Buckeyes in a 30-14 loss.

I would hope that our beloved Buckeyes can use the bye week to heal and regroup. That said, I do not see it happening.

Children of the Corn 42 OSU 31.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
The General
All State

Post by The General »

WHOA!!!!!!....I will tell you this...With this scheme...AMartinez is GOING to be a difference maker,if healthy,going forward!! A REAL difference maker...It is going to take awhile for Scott..The fact is they have left a couple of W's on the board THIS YEAR so far...Recruiting will not be easy....BUT...He will get THE ONES he wants and build Team the way he wants it....They will be back,which helps the big 14 so much in getting this conference OUT of the abyss....

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

As for Nebraska recruiting ... My opinion leaving the Big XII was a bad move. Much harder for them to recruit Texas now that they are not making trips to Texas.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

The General wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:04 pm WHOA!!!!!!....I will tell you this...With this scheme...AMartinez is GOING to be a difference maker,if healthy,going forward!! A REAL difference maker...It is going to take awhile for Scott..The fact is they have left a couple of W's on the board THIS YEAR so far...Recruiting will not be easy....BUT...He will get THE ONES he wants and build Team the way he wants it....They will be back,which helps the big 14 so much in getting this conference OUT of the abyss....
100% agree.

The Huskers will be down for awhile, but Scott Frost will get it turned around in a good way, I have no doubt about that.

The General
All State

Post by The General »

Raiderball wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:26 pm As for Nebraska recruiting ... My opinion leaving the Big XII was a bad move. Much harder for them to recruit Texas now that they are not making trips to Texas.
I agree. They only have 6-8 kids from Texas on their roster.Maybe 6-8 kids from Florida where they used to really make their hay. They do have a few kids from Cal,Ga,and Ohio..But not many. Their roster actually is made up primarily of Nebraska kids. The kind of kids,more than likely,that used to make up their Walk-on program which was 2nd to none.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Omega wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:32 pm The situation and reasons about Ohio State's football regression has been discussed ad nauseam. At this stage of the season, the Buckeyes are what they are, a middle of the pack Big 10 team. One dimensional on offense, porous on defense and special teams. They are on the verge of total collapse.

Nebraska football on the other hand seems to be on the ascendancy. They have only one win on the season, defeating Minnesota last week 53-28, the same Gopher team that outplayed the Buckeyes in a 30-14 loss.

I would hope that our beloved Buckeyes can use the bye week to heal and regroup. That said, I do not see it happening.

say it ain't so ole buddy.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I think scott frost is the man to move husker nation forward. I really do. look what he did at ucf. a program of Nebraska's lure and reputation can get them from anywhere in the country they want. I love having the huskers in the big ten. and think it's a great fit. my ole buddy dave rimington likes em there. he was an all American at Nebraska for coach tom Osborne (that seems so weird to me seeing tom Osborne's name down both sides of the field watching a husker game, his name is spelled exactly the same as mine, it's kinda cool) and played for the bengals and eagles. and the rimington award is named after him that goes to the nations top center in each division. we have talked quite a lot. he told me over the phone he likes it. he even took a position as the interim ad last year at Nebraska while they were going through the coaching /ad change.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

If they stay in a zone read offense and man to man coverage on defense, I think OSU grits out a close win by single digits or gets upset at home.

If they use the bye week to move towards a pro style offense with Haskins which helps the running game with Dobbins and Webber (play action) AND go to a zone coverage defense with some aggressive scheming on Martinez, I think they win by a comfortable margin.

A big shout out to Gene Smith and the powers at be that schedule the game times. Thanks for ZERO night games this year at the Shoe. A NOON kickoff snoozer for the Nebraska game? Give me a break. OSU has been on the road for THREE night games already this year. I dont see the MSU or Maryland game being a night game.

Terrible scheduling IMO.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

If they stay in a zone read offense and man to man coverage on defense, I think OSU grits out a close win by single digits or gets upset at home.

If they use the bye week to move towards a pro style offense with Haskins which helps the running game with Dobbins and Webber (play action) AND go to a zone coverage defense with some aggressive scheming on Martinez, I think they win by a comfortable margin.

A big shout out to Gene Smith and the powers at be that schedule the game times. Thanks for ZERO night games this year at the Shoe. A NOON kickoff snoozer for the Nebraska game? Give me a break. OSU has been on the road for THREE night games already this year. I dont see the MSU or Maryland game being a night game.

Terrible scheduling IMO.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Blowout for the Bucks and the chest beating begins again and sports talk shows ramp it right back up until the next beat down. It's hilarious in this town.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:27 am
Omega wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:32 pm The situation and reasons about Ohio State's football regression has been discussed ad nauseam. At this stage of the season, the Buckeyes are what they are, a middle of the pack Big 10 team. One dimensional on offense, porous on defense and special teams. They are on the verge of total collapse.

YTB, I would be thrilled if the Buckeyes could regroup and finish with a ten win season and a NY6 bowl game. However from what I have seen since Meyer's return from suspension leads me to believe our beloved Ohio State football team could lose the remaining four games. Is seeing believing?

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:42 pm Blowout for the Bucks and the chest beating begins again and sports talk shows ramp it right back up until the next beat down. It's hilarious in this town.
I don't think you'll be seeing anyone on here doing any chest beating if we beat Nebraska. Based on talent, OSU should win 50-0. But, that's not going to happen. Even if OSU wins this one, I still think there will be lots of changes that need to be made, unless some miraculous and unheard of turn around happens in this bye week. But, let's be realistic, probably won't happen.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Nebraska now has won a game. If OSU can not get pressure on the freshman QB and the get up early. That could change a lot of things if OSU plays without emotion and Nebraska plays with emotion like Purdue. Being away from home Nebraska may feel better because of how bad they have played at home. A terrible year but a big bright spot beating OSU at their place. OSU just do not let them in the game and RUN THE darn BALL.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Omega wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:07 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:27 am

YTB, I would be thrilled if the Buckeyes could regroup and finish with a ten win season and a NY6 bowl game. However from what I have seen since Meyer's return from suspension leads me to believe our beloved Ohio State football team could lose the remaining four games. Is seeing believing?
OMEGA, IF THEY LOOK ANYTHING LIKE THEY LOOKED IN WEST LAYFAYATTE, THAT WELL COULD HAPPEN. URBAN WISE AND PLAYER WISE.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

if we are not saying in a months time wow we are completely different team then we were heading into the bye week ......we are in for some games we are not going to like the outcome.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
The General
All State

Post by The General »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:42 pm Blowout for the Bucks and the chest beating begins again and sports talk shows ramp it right back up until the next beat down. It's hilarious in this town.
TRUE!!!...Just like EVERY year :lol: ...The SAME Dog and Pony show every year....Corn has struggled all yr....Spart and mary are horseshit....You cannot unsee 49-20,Especially how it unfolded. If the czar Delany wants a big 14 outfit in the playoffs,he better hope UM wins out...

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Can we get Luaranitis and Spielman back in unis for backers?

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

The General wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:29 pm
TRUE!!!...Just like EVERY year :lol: ...The SAME Dog and Pony show every year....Corn has struggled all yr....Spart and mary are horseshit....You cannot unsee 49-20,Especially how it unfolded. If the czar Delany wants a big 14 outfit in the playoffs,he better hope UM wins out...
ALWAYS A PLEASURE READING YOUR POSTS GENERAL. :cry: :lol: :roll: :?: :shock: :D :twisted:

Return to “College Sports”