Waverly 34 Logan 20

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: WK10: Logan (1-8) @ Waverly (8-1)

Post by greygoose »

WHSgrad2000 wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:15 am OK I rarely get into schedule disputes because they are the most worthless thing ever, but with all the "stuff" about schedules being written here we go.
Waverly in is the SOC II - they MUST play everyone in that conference. Wheelersburg, (Portsmouth) West, MInford, (Lucasville) Valley and soon Oak Hill. All of those are D-V with the exception of Valley who is D-VI.
Now I think we don't play Nelsonville-York next year and I think we are keeping the 3 SVC teams. I think we have another year with Fairland on the deal.
Yeah and?? Everyone knows they MUST play all the teams in their conference, kind of how conference play works. Schedule doesn't matter now things are set a year or 2 in advance and you play the schedule. The focus of this topic is waverly and Logan, question on this game is how much is the weather going to effect the Waverly offense??

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Next year Waverly will not be playing Piketon, Logan and Nelsonville-York. We are picking up Athens, Amanda Clearcreek and Oak Hill.

For Waverly to get a home playoff game Taft and London must get beat. Taft will most likely not loss to Aiken. We will not pass Indian Hills even if they get beat and we win.

It's going to rain during the game tonight but looks to be rather light. Hopefully the weather won't effect our passing game much. As several others have said, Waverly's focus must be entirely on tonights game. This is going to be a close hard fought contest. Go Tigers!!

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Go Chiefs!

Have gun, will travel
Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

toast wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:57 am Next year Waverly will not be playing Piketon, Logan and Nelsonville-York. We are picking up Athens, Amanda Clearcreek and Oak Hill.

For Waverly to get a home playoff game Taft and London must get beat. Taft will most likely not loss to Aiken. We will not pass Indian Hills even if they get beat and we win.

It's going to rain during the game tonight but looks to be rather light. Hopefully the weather won't effect our passing game much. As several others have said, Waverly's focus must be entirely on tonights game. This is going to be a close hard fought contest. Go Tigers!!

Did not know Waverly and Piketon will not be playing, it's such a big game for the county it saddens me to see that. On the bright side I'm glad Waverly is picking up Athens

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
Smokyhollowbandit
JV Team

Post by Smokyhollowbandit »

Kicker. wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:38 am
toast wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:57 am Next year Waverly will not be playing Piketon, Logan and Nelsonville-York. We are picking up Athens, Amanda Clearcreek and Oak Hill.

Did not know Waverly and Piketon will not be playing, it's such a big game for the county it saddens me to see that. On the bright side I'm glad Waverly is picking up Athens
Wonder who Piketon picks up week 1 next year

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Smokyhollowbandit wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:53 am

Honestly I would like for them to try to get Eastern. I know they may not be the best program but if you are going to get rid of the biggest game in the county at least try and start another big county rivalry.

Smokyhollowbandit
JV Team

Post by Smokyhollowbandit »

Kicker. wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:44 am
Smokyhollowbandit wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:53 am

Honestly I would like for them to try to get Eastern. I know they may not be the best program but if you are going to get rid of the biggest game in the county at least try and start another big county rivalry.
That would be a nice pickup for the Redstreaks, usually pretty competitive when both teams meet in basketball. Football could be the same way

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

The best 8-1 versus 1-8 matchup in Ohio, I think this one is close maybe even favors Logan.

Bigdog
Freshman Team

Post by Bigdog »

Abe does not read drew much I see

http://www.fantastic50.net/team196.html

metwct44
Riding the Bench

Post by metwct44 »

Looking for Waverly to extend to 9-1 and prepare for the playoffs.
W35
L 14

Slothman
Freshman Team

Post by Slothman »

Waverly running clock

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Bigdog wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:11 pm Abe does not read drew much I see

http://www.fantastic50.net/team196.html
Not sure what Pasteur has to do with an 8-1 vs 1-8 matchup, but ok lol, simply pointing out I think for two teams with dramatically different records I think it will be a close game.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

A much better schedule next year:
Athens (home)
Zane Trace (away)
Unioto (home)
Amanda Clearcreek (away)
Fairland (away)
Valley (home)
Wheelersburg (away)
West (away)
Minford (home)
Oak Hill (home)

Nothing Waverly can do about the SOC2 schools being lower divisions. It’s the league we are in.
The non league schedule is beefed up. It does not benefit Waverly at all right now continuing to play Piketon and I think it was a mutual agreement. Not to say that wont be revisited at some time.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Game day has arrived for week 10, this season has flown by! It has been raining/misting all day long on and off, I expect that to continue throughout the afternoon and evening. As long we do not experience heavy rains for long extended periods of times throughout the game, I don't see the weather having a tremendous effect on the outcome. Maybe will effect a few plays here and there, but nothing major.

These two teams have completely different mind sets coming into tonight. Logan looks to get there second win of the year and end on a positive note, and I'm sure knocking off an 8-1 Tiger team would certainly be a nice way to go out. I look for them to leave it all out there tonight, they have nothing to lose. As far as Waverly goes, they know this will not be there last game of the season but this could possibly be the last home game for these seniors. They would love to finish the season 9-1 and have some momentum going into week 11. But, they want to make sure they come out of tonight injury free as well.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

MasterOfNone wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:05 pm Game day has arrived for week 10, this season has flown by! It has been raining/misting all day long on and off, I expect that to continue throughout the afternoon and evening. As long we do not experience heavy rains for long extended periods of times throughout the game, I don't see the weather having a tremendous effect on the outcome. Maybe will effect a few plays here and there, but nothing major.

These two teams have completely different mind sets coming into tonight. Logan looks to get there second win of the year and end on a positive note, and I'm sure knocking off an 8-1 Tiger team would certainly be a nice way to go out. I look for them to leave it all out there tonight, they have nothing to lose. As far as Waverly goes, they know this will not be there last game of the season but this could possibly be the last home game for these seniors. They would love to finish the season 9-1 and have some momentum going into week 11. But, they want to make sure they come out of tonight injury free as well.
Waverly has a ton to play for. A 9-1 record, momentum heading into the playoffs and a chance of hosting a home playoff game should everything work out the way they could. I’m sure the Tigers would love to be playing at home week 11.
The weather will effect some plays and footing but Waverly should still be able to throw the ball. I think Waverly has to stop the run like they have the past two weeks and jump out quick...

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

smurray wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:02 pm

A much better schedule next year:
Athens (home)
Zane Trace (away)
Unioto (home)
Amanda Clearcreek (away)
Fairland (away)
Valley (home)
Wheelersburg (away)
West (away)
Minford (home)
Oak Hill (home)

Nothing Waverly can do about the SOC2 schools being lower divisions. It’s the league we are in.
The non league schedule is beefed up. It does not benefit Waverly at all right now continuing to play Piketon and I think it was a mutual agreement. Not to say that wont be revisited at some time.

A good schedule for the tigers next season

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Gameday in Waverly. I believe the schedule Logan has played will reflect how they play however with it being senior night and a chance to host a home playoff game at the Raidiger I think Waverly wins
Waverly 44
Logan 28

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Kicker. wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:49 pm Gameday in Waverly. I believe the schedule Logan has played will reflect how they play however with it being senior night and a chance to host a home playoff game at the Raidiger I think Waverly wins
Waverly 44
Logan 28
I hope Logan don’t put 28 on the board and will be thrilled to see the Tigers put up 44. Logans Defense held Chillicothe scoreless in regulation.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

smurray wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:20 pm
Kicker. wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:49 pm Gameday in Waverly. I believe the schedule Logan has played will reflect how they play however with it being senior night and a chance to host a home playoff game at the Raidiger I think Waverly wins
Waverly 44
Logan 28
I hope Logan don’t put 28 on the board and will be thrilled to see the Tigers put up 44. Logans Defense held Chillicothe scoreless in regulation.
Tiger defense has been suspect at times I wouldn't be surprised if Logan gets some points on the board and the offense hasn't missed a beat since losing to Burg

Barber1973
Freshman Team

Post by Barber1973 »

Logan could win but will b out coached. Tigers in low scoring contest. 14-8

Return to “Football”