TVC Ohio & Hocking Offensive, Defensive, Lineman, Special Teams and Coach of the Year?

Allthewayup11
Freshman Team

TVC Ohio & Hocking Offensive, Defensive, Lineman, Special Teams and Coach of the Year?

Post by Allthewayup11 »

Coming down to week 10! Any favorites for offensive and defensive players if the year? I know Davis, Wilburn, Adams and Kittle are having big years on the offensive side of the ball. Any others? Any top pics for Defense?

Happy McGavin
Varsity

Re: TVC Ohio & Hocking offensive and defense players of the year

Post by Happy McGavin »

TVC Hocking
Offensive POY. Connor Wright
Defensive POY. Ian Joyce

Its all in the hips
Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Cleand (Meigs) has the most passing yards and best completion percentage in the Ohio and Sibner (VC) has the most rushing yards. Their issue is that the team success hasn’t been there. I think Davis (Athens) is the favorite.

Allthewayup11
Freshman Team

Post by Allthewayup11 »

Dundas wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:59 pm Cleand (Meigs) has the most passing yards and best completion percentage in the Ohio and Sibner (VC) has the most rushing yards. Their issue is that the team success hasn’t been there. I think Davis (Athens) is the favorite.
Agreed!!! Amazing Freshman athlete and good size. Was fun to watch him compete against Nelsonville York. Definitely a Rookie of the year. The Moore kid from Athens has had a very good year as well. Going to be interesting seeing Cleland and Moore go head to head.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Allthewayup11 wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:05 pm
Dundas wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:59 pm Cleand (Meigs) has the most passing yards and best completion percentage in the Ohio and Sibner (VC) has the most rushing yards. Their issue is that the team success hasn’t been there. I think Davis (Athens) is the favorite.
Agreed!!! Amazing Freshman athlete and good size. Was fun to watch him compete against Nelsonville York. Definitely a Rookie of the year. The Moore kid from Athens has had a very good year as well. Going to be interesting seeing Cleland and Moore go head to head.
Yes, those two will be fun to watch for sure. Cleland may not win it this year but he will get one before his career is over for sure. Moore will be a great dual threat qb and will give teams fits. The Ohio Division as a whole will be better and more fun to watch moving forward imo. A ton of youth on a lot of teams.

Slothman
Freshman Team

Post by Slothman »

The tailback for Nelsonville gets my vote for offensive player.
Defense should stay on the shelf not enough defense played all year for this to be awarded!

ShoeHorn
JV Team

Post by ShoeHorn »

Clay Davis - Offense
Logan Maxfield - Defense

Allthewayup11
Freshman Team

Post by Allthewayup11 »

Is Maxfield a LB or Safety? 5 interceptions? I saw the game against Wellston and he was all over the place. Saw some impressive stat line for him too against Fairland and Warren. He seems to have come up big this year. The McCollister kid also looks tough at NY. Big body and in the backfield fast.

Also another good player is Kimbro on D but hot and cold in the two games I have seen.

Davis being a two dimensional player this year has added a lot to his resume. Any colleges looking at him or offered yet?

Any offers for other kids in TVC?

Shamrocks 5263
Waterboy

Post by Shamrocks 5263 »

ShoeHorn wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:06 am Clay Davis - Offense
Logan Maxfield - Defense
I like both of these picks.The Maxfield kid is a beast on both sides of the ball.

OSU22
Varsity

Post by OSU22 »

Allthewayup11 wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:59 pm Is Maxfield a LB or Safety? 5 interceptions? I saw the game against Wellston and he was all over the place. Saw some impressive stat line for him too against Fairland and Warren. He seems to have come up big this year. The McCollister kid also looks tough at NY. Big body and in the backfield fast.

Also another good player is Kimbro on D but hot and cold in the two games I have seen.

Davis being a two dimensional player this year has added a lot to his resume. Any colleges looking at him or offered yet?

Any offers for other kids in TVC?
Wilburn from NY got offered by Ohio University over the summer. He’s been on game visits almost every week. Pitt and Cinci are the two most recent.

He’s also going to be in contention for P.O.Y. He does it all, and I mean ALL!

ShooterMcgavin
Freshman Team

Post by ShooterMcgavin »

wowzer33 wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:00 am For the Hocking your looking between Sobieski and Imboden from Eastern.
For the Hocking your looking at Wright and Joyce from Trimble. No doubt

I eat pieces of s;”: like you for breakfast
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I'd agree on Maxfield for DPY ... Kid is everywhere all the time.

OPY ... Kind of up in the air. See how tonight goes between Athens (Davis) and NY (Wilburn)

OSU22
Varsity

Post by OSU22 »

93Bulldog wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:15 am I'd agree on Maxfield for DPY ... Kid is everywhere all the time.

OPY ... Kind of up in the air. See how tonight goes between Athens (Davis) and NY (Wilburn)
So if they both have great games is there a tie again for the third year in a row?

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

Hocking would have to be Wright and joyce with out a doubt

OSU22
Varsity

Post by OSU22 »

Just putting this out there. But every single team double covered Wilburn and keyed only on him...Athens Triple covered him every single time he split out before he got hurt. Other than tonight, for obvious reasons, he still got his yards/carries/catches/ and touchdowns. Best athlete in the conference hands down

Happy McGavin
Varsity

Post by Happy McGavin »

OSU22 wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:25 pm Just putting this out there. But every single team double covered Wilburn and keyed only on him...Athens Triple covered him every single time he split out before he got hurt. Other than tonight, for obvious reasons, he still got his yards/carries/catches/ and touchdowns. Best athlete in the conference hands down
Other than tonight? You forget about week 1?

Its all in the hips
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Best athlete, brightest future = Wilburn

"player-of-the-year" = probably Davis.

Kind of the age old debate ... MVP or best player. They are two different things.

Allthewayup11
Freshman Team

Post by Allthewayup11 »

OSU22 wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:25 pm Just putting this out there. But every single team double covered Wilburn and keyed only on him...Athens Triple covered him every single time he split out before he got hurt. Other than tonight, for obvious reasons, he still got his yards/carries/catches/ and touchdowns. Best athlete in the conference hands down
I saw that Athens had Maxfield covering him when he was at receiver. Would have been nice to see how that matchup panned out. Wilburn a great player and was sorry to see him go down so early in the game. Would have made for a heck of a TVC finale! True sportmanship at the end of the game with all the kids.

Allthewayup11
Freshman Team

Post by Allthewayup11 »

Shamrocks 5263 wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:21 am
ShoeHorn wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:06 am Clay Davis - Offense
Logan Maxfield - Defense
I like both of these picks.The Maxfield kid is a beast on both sides of the ball.
Can’t wait to see him on the court too! Saw him in a few games
Last year. Alexander and Meigs. Beast on the court too. Going to be interesting watch him and Baer go at it. Think it will come down to Alexander and Athens though.

ShooterMcgavin
Freshman Team

Post by ShooterMcgavin »

Happy McGavin wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:30 pm
Other than tonight? You forget about week 1? 17 carries 22 yards sound about right ?

I eat pieces of s;”: like you for breakfast

Return to “Football”