Valley 42 Minford 14

BigLeagueChew
Waterboy

Re: Valley 42 Minford 14

Post by BigLeagueChew »

14U wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:02 pm Minford is out of playoffs, Ptown beat Ironton 35-28
From that effort tonight I’d say they are glad to not waste time and money to hear the cannon go off 10 times at Wheelersburg. I bet if you took a blind poll the majority Wouldn’t opt to play next week.

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

BigLeagueChew wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:06 pm
14U wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:02 pm Minford is out of playoffs, Ptown beat Ironton 35-28
From that effort tonight I’d say they are glad to not waste time and money to hear the cannon go off 10 times at Wheelersburg. I bet if you took a blind poll the majority Wouldn’t opt to play next week.
My guess is, you’d probably be right.
To many people out, some done playing, a few don’t want to get hit !!

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

We have 3 good backs. It’s not hard to figure out who to tackle when you keep using the same one!

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

I know Minford's beat up, but 1-SOCII win in the past 4-years...... Just sayin' it like it is'!

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
14U
S

Post by 14U »

How I just seen it Portsmouth, west and Minford in for now. In that row 6-8
Attachments
6358EC71-08BA-4604-BBFD-63569019B60A.png

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Good win Valley. Coaching, plane and simple.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

It's official, Minford is out of the 2018 D-V Playoffs at #9.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

This is the result when you have several hurt players and lack the respect of the ones left as HC.

This is why you don't sell your team out to make a deal with one kid for a starting spot when the kid decides to come out for football as a sophomore.

Welcome to Minford High School.

Congrats to Valley on a good win. Much better than the record shows.
Last edited by Bleeding Red on Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:22 am, edited 5 times in total.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Swayze wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:53 pm Great game from Valley. Made plays literally from the opening kickoff. That punt return was awesome great heads up play from number 10 i believe.They just wanted it more tonight that is for sure. Minford once again out coached and Darren proves he is one of the best coaches around. Minford BOE needs to take a serious look at the HC. All your going to get out of him is mediocrity. He will lose games he shouldn’t and never win a game that he should lose.

Once again congrats to the Valley Indians sending your seniors out on a win and a huge starting point for next season.
Minford BOE doesnt care. The BOE, Pica and a few others have MUCH bigger issues going on at Minford right now.

Maybe the next time they hire a HC they will actually interview people and look at more than one candidate.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

vladimir wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:17 pm It's official, Minford is out of the 2018 D-V Playoffs at #9.
Yes seen the last two teams scores came in. Portsmouth beating Ironton helped Minford not embarrass theirselves in week 11. With all the injuries on sideline they don’t need to be there

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Bleeding Red wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:46 am
Swayze wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:53 pm Great game from Valley. Made plays literally from the opening kickoff. That punt return was awesome great heads up play from number 10 i believe.They just wanted it more tonight that is for sure. Minford once again out coached and Darren proves he is one of the best coaches around. Minford BOE needs to take a serious look at the HC. All your going to get out of him is mediocrity. He will lose games he shouldn’t and never win a game that he should lose.

Once again congrats to the Valley Indians sending your seniors out on a win and a huge starting point for next season.
Minford BOE doesnt care. The BOE, Pica and a few others have MUCH bigger issues going on at Minford right now.

Maybe the next time they hire a HC they will actually interview people and look at more than one candidate.

They had an outside coach from Columbus I think but didn’t want him because he was bring assistants with him and they wanted to get their own. You know family, friends etc!! I would keep Matiz and start hunting!!

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Karma biting pica in the a$$

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

14U wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:15 am

They had an outside coach from Columbus I think but didn’t want him because he was bring assistants with him and they wanted to get their own. You know family, friends etc!! I would keep Matiz and start hunting!!
I totally agree that there are several very good assistant coaches that need to stay.

2quick2catch
Freshman Team

Post by 2quick2catch »

Should of interviewed Kaskey when he inquired.

Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

It's called the Good Ol' Boys system. Does it make the team any better? Nope. But who cares. At least someones brother-in-law gets to keep their job as an assistant coach!

Gator B Long
Freshman Team

Post by Gator B Long »

Minford was “fools gold” early on and showed it thru second half of season. Early predictions were 2-5 wins. Don’t forget that.😊

BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

Post by BondRoad Bandit »

Bleeding Red wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:21 am

I totally agree that there are several very good assistant coaches that need to stay.
And I believe majority of the assistants knew what they right call should’ve been on the QB situation because they are there for the football teams success not a parents want.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Otto wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:16 am

Minford BOE doesn't care. The BOE, Pica and a few others have MUCH bigger issues going on at Minford right now.

It's called the Good Ol' Boys system. Does it make the team any better? Nope. But who cares. At least someones brother-in-law gets to keep their job as an assistant coach!
When only one person is interviewed for the job and no one else is considered it's not hard to figure out what's going on. It's called nep·o·tism.
It's the practice among those with power or influence of favoring relatives or friends, especially by giving them jobs. There is a reason why it is a forbidden practice in all successful organizations.

The proof is in the pudding. Only 1 SOCII win in the past 4-yrs. Minford has successfully become the new Northwest of the SOCII, and something needs to change or it's going to get worse.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

14U wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:17 am

Karma biting pica in the a$$
Yes it is. He's a 2 faced POS. It very many people cant stand the guy around Minford anymore besides the people in his click (you know- the coaches that he pulled strings for help his kids get playing time in sports).

Bringing him in was ultimately a detriment to the school. I guess his high horse bucked him off a couple weeks ago over this Jr high field trip stuff. What a horrible mess.

People need replaced starting with several board members and working down.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

vladimir wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:30 pm
Otto wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:16 am

When only one person is interviewed for the job and no one else is considered it's not hard to figure out what's going on. It's called nep·o·tism.
It's the practice among those with power or influence of favoring relatives or friends, especially by giving them jobs. There is a reason why it is a forbidden practice in all successful organizations.

The proof is in the pudding. Only 1 SOCII win in the past 4-yrs. Minford has successfully become the new Northwest of the SOCII, and something needs to change or it's going to get worse.
It's no wonder that caring parents that dont suck their way into the BS move their kids away from Minford to Burg and other schools.

I'm one of the smart parents that figured it out soon enough to get my kid out of there.

This kid plays because his dad made a deal, this one because the parent is the head of the boosters club, etc etc.

How about this: playing time should be based on 1. Attitude 2. Attendance 3. Work ethic 4. Performance

The Pica good ole boy club isnt getting it done in the wins department in every sport tied up with the favoritism.

Keep the suck up club going Minford. It seems to be working out great for ya lol.

Return to “Football”