Waverly 34 Logan 20

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: Waverly 34 Logan 20

Post by VetteMan »

Congrats Waverly! What a great year that you have had, and its not over yet. You've never given up all year, even with losing key kids during the year. Tigertown is really proud of you guys, go get that win on your 11th game.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

FIRST QUARTER
9:30 5 YD TD pass to Zeke Brown PAT good Waverly 7-0
7:00 15 YD TD pass to Easton Wolfe PAT good Waverly 14-0
(Tigers got the ball at 15 after a bad snap on a punt)
2:05 1 YD TD run by Preston PAT good Waverly 14-7
The period ended with a Tiger punt (Shoemaker) to the Logan 2

SECOND QUARTER
7:18 Logan driving to Waverly 33 and fumble recovered by Waverly at the 35.
No one really threatened after that and Waverly lead 14-7 at the half

THIRD QUARTER
8:17 Logan 7 YD TD pass to #21 PAT good 14-14
(Logan had 4th & 4 at the 7 and called timeout - Receiver wa slide open for the score)
6:37 Waverly 28 YD TD pass to Cobe Marquez PAT blocked Waverly 20-14

FOURTH QUARTER
6:28 Logan 9 YD TD run by Yates PAT was no good after a 5 yard false start - Tied at 20
Shoemaker with the ensuing kickoff return to the Logan 41.
3:28 Tigers facing 3rd & 3 at the 6 - TD pass to Cobe Marquez PAT good Waverly 27-20
2:48 Waverly’s Phoenix Wolfe with the INT at the Logan 43.
2:25 After one first down to the 30 Ethan Brooker 30 YD TD run PAT good Waverly 34-20

Waverly knew this would be a battle and it was. No doubt Logan was the best team Waverly has faced with the exception of Wheelersburg. The big problem with Logan is they are just one dimensional. They could not throw the ball at all.

Waverly finishes the regular season 9-1 and will now prepare to head to Indian Hill next Saturday as the #5 seed.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

old benchwarmer wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:55 pm In looking at the playoff rankings, If Waverly was in the Southeast region (where they actually should be), they would be ranked 2nd, they would be hosting the playoff game and most likely playing a team with 3 losses. As it stands in the southwest region they are 5th and most likely playing at Cincinnati Indian Hills. Well, I guess some one has to do it. ;-) Good luck next week Tigers.
Yes, we would easily be the 2 seed hosting 7-3 Licking Valley.
Licking Valley lost 21-36 to (9-1) D3 Sheridan, 9-10 to (9-1) D5 Johnston-Monroe and 14-38 to (9-1) D3 Granville.
Their only win against anyone with a winning record was tonight,a 36-7 win over (6-4) Licking Heights who is a D2 school.
Unioto (7-3) who Waverly handled comes in at the #5 seed while Fairland (6-4) is the 8.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

smurray wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:08 pm
old benchwarmer wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:55 pm In looking at the playoff rankings, If Waverly was in the Southeast region (where they actually should be), they would be ranked 2nd, they would be hosting the playoff game and most likely playing a team with 3 losses. As it stands in the southwest region they are 5th and most likely playing at Cincinnati Indian Hills. Well, I guess some one has to do it. ;-) Good luck next week Tigers.
Yes, we would easily be the 2 seed hosting 7-3 Licking Valley.
Licking Valley lost 21-36 to (9-1) D3 Sheridan, 9-10 to (9-1) D5 Johnston-Monroe and 14-38 to (9-1) D3 Granville.
Their only win against anyone with a winning record was tonight,a 36-7 win over (6-4) Licking Heights who is a D2 school.
Unioto (7-3) who Waverly handled comes in at the #5 seed while Fairland (6-4) is the 8.
Actually we would be #2 hosting John Glenn, everyone would drop down one.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Good luck to the tigers in the post season!!

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

John Glenn or Licking Valley would love to be playing Waverly. BUT this is all hypothetical. Good luck to Waverly.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

its all part of the game but the bad snap and logan doesn't fumble its a completely different game. waverly is explosive

The Flush
Varsity

Post by The Flush »

Logan would have a winning record against Waverly's schedule. They have some good athletes and with a little bit of a passing game they would be pretty good. Their line looked a lot bigger than Waverly's. Their running plays remind me of Valley's which Waverly struggled with in the first half but did better with in the 2nd. Even as suspect as Waverly is against the run, if you don't pass a little bit, it is going to be tough to score more than Waverly is going to score. As well as Logan was running, I question why they did not go for 2 every time, particularly when they could have gone ahead 21-20 but ended up missing a PAT to remain tied.

Good win for the Tigers. It looks like they will see another good running team in week 11.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

The Flush wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:37 am Logan would have a winning record against Waverly's schedule. They have some good athletes and with a little bit of a passing game they would be pretty good. Their line looked a lot bigger than Waverly's. Their running plays remind me of Valley's which Waverly struggled with in the first half but did better with in the 2nd. Even as suspect as Waverly is against the run, if you don't pass a little bit, it is going to be tough to score more than Waverly is going to score. As well as Logan was running, I question why they did not go for 2 every time, particularly when they could have gone ahead 21-20 but ended up missing a PAT to remain tied.

Good win for the Tigers. It looks like they will see another good running team in week 11.
Yes, Logan would have a winning record against Waverly’s schedule. That makes this win even better. We all knew this would be a major challenge and it was.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Best of luck to the Tigers in Week #11 !

just curious
Waterboy

Post by just curious »

Watching the Chieftains in 7 on 7s and preseason play the passing game was a strength. Why’d it fall apart.. when leadership lacks confidence and players feel that day after day even the most mentally strong players play with a clouded sight. Viscous, downward cycle

footballfan
JV Team

Post by footballfan »

Will Logans coach be back????? Or will decide to go in a different direction?

toast
All State

Post by toast »

I agree with smurray. Logan was the second best team Waverly faced all season. Big, strong and lots of athletes. A real nice win for the Tigers!

Not sure why any team in this day and age would opt to be so one dimensional. When playing a team anywhere near your equal, you're at a huge disadvantage. Ohio State figured that out a few decades ago.

Only one thing surprised me last night. For a team that was 1-8... had to travel well over an hour.....and knew it was going to be raining and cold....Logan sure did bring a nice crowd! Impressive :)

Doc
Waterboy

Post by Doc »

The Flush wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:37 am Logan would have a winning record against Waverly's schedule. They have some good athletes and with a little bit of a passing game they would be pretty good. Their line looked a lot bigger than Waverly's. Their running plays remind me of Valley's which Waverly struggled with in the first half but did better with in the 2nd. Even as suspect as Waverly is against the run, if you don't pass a little bit, it is going to be tough to score more than Waverly is going to score. As well as Logan was running, I question why they did not go for 2 every time, particularly when they could have gone ahead 21-20 but ended up missing a PAT to remain tied.

Logan is D2, Waverly is D4. What is your point? If I was a fan of a D2 team I'd expect them to be able to have a winning record against a D4 team's schedule. Logan's only win was a 10 point win over Meigs who is 2 divisions below Logan. If you compare the sizes of Logan and Waverly to the respective size of their opponents, Logan very nearly plays a schedule which is comparable to Waverly's. I would be embarrassed to write your comment about Logan playing Waverly's schedule.

old benchwarmer
Freshman Team

Post by old benchwarmer »

Back when Waverly was in the SEOAL for a number of years, they pretty much took it on the chin most of the time from Logan. I haven't checked, but Waverly may have won one to two, just not many. But Waverly's program was pretty much down after 1969. I think they went 16 seasons without a winning record until Coach Bolin came in. It is nice that they finally have made it back to their winning ways again with Coach Crabtree. We will know that they have made it to the top for sure when they can win the conference as they did in bygone days and also some playoff games. Congratulations on a great season.
Go Tigers.

Doc
Waterboy

Post by Doc »

They made it back to their, "winning ways" well before Coach Crabtree. They went to the playoffs with both head coaches between Coach Bolin and Coach Crabtree. They never had any business in the SEOAL as they were never even close to the size of schools in the SEOAL (Logan AAA, Waverly, AA). So yes, they were never even competitive in football in the SEOAL. This season they started the year off playing 3 SVC teams, 2 of which are in the same division as Waverly and the other is 4 miles down the road. I hope that Logan gets back on track soon. They have great football tradition and that is something to be proud of.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Re: WK10: Logan (1-8) @ Waverly (8-1)

Post by Ground Buck »

noreply66 wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:54 pm Ground Buck is not a real NY fan
I'm as much of an NY fan as you are a Logan fan. At least I'm not calling for our coach's head the way you are yours. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Paladin wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:45 pm I wonder if ground bucky is an older coach from N-Y ? It may be that he was around when we played a 4 game series with N-Y when I coached Rosecrans and we won 3 of those games in pretty convincing fashion. Otherwise, he misses the point of the post. Waverly probably wins, but it’s not a given. Looks like a rain game, wet field and all. Waverly relies on skill. Logan , while trying to run a finess O, is more power oriented with a solid D. Can a 1-8 team beat a 8-1 team in a rain game ? Stay tuned.

Waverly makes the playoffs win or lose. The problem is what awaits them. Logan should help prepare them, but their schedule has been too light to toughen them up for the playoffs, even with a decent team. They just aren’t in tune with what it will take.

Logan needs a complete overhaul and it’s not certain the town elders have the brains or cohones to do it. They apparently are willing to continue to be feckless.
Waverly winning was a given. But Logan was competitive. You are missing the point that I'm agreeing with you. Logan needs to play the smaller SEO schools in order to rebuild their program. Get a good up and coming, energic coach in there and build it back up to what Logan once was.

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Tigers24
Freshman Team

Post by Tigers24 »

Ground Buck wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:43 pm
Paladin wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:45 pm I wonder if ground bucky is an older coach from N-Y ? It may be that he was around when we played a 4 game series with N-Y when I coached Rosecrans and we won 3 of those games in pretty convincing fashion. Otherwise, he misses the point of the post. Waverly probably wins, but it’s not a given. Looks like a rain game, wet field and all. Waverly relies on skill. Logan , while trying to run a finess O, is more power oriented with a solid D. Can a 1-8 team beat a 8-1 team in a rain game ? Stay tuned.

Waverly makes the playoffs win or lose. The problem is what awaits them. Logan should help prepare them, but their schedule has been too light to toughen them up for the playoffs, even with a decent team. They just aren’t in tune with what it will take.

Logan needs a complete overhaul and it’s not certain the town elders have the brains or cohones to do it. They apparently are willing to continue to be feckless.
Waverly winning was a given. But Logan was competitive. You are missing the point that I'm agreeing with you. Logan needs to play the smaller SEO schools in order to rebuild their program. Get a good up and coming, energic coach in there and build it back up to what Logan once was.
I agree with you Ground Buck! It wasn’t that long ago that Waverly had to do the same thing. I am a firm believer that success breeds success. Logan just needs to learn how to win again. When coach Crabtree took over at Waverly he changed two things immediately 1. The culture and 2. the schedule and the results are evident. Good Luck to Logan going forward from this Tiger!

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

Ground Buck wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:43 pm

Logan needs to play the smaller SEO schools in order to rebuild their program.
I disagree...Ground Buck....

Return to “Football”