Where does Logan go from here?

Chief02
Varsity

Where does Logan go from here?

Post by Chief02 »

What direction do you see Logan going after another disappointing season? Is it the cosching? Is it a lack of talent? Is it a combination of the two?

Whatever it is, the lack of community support for a once proud football program is beginning to show. The fans in the stands are a shell of what they once were on Friday nights. The enthusiasm is no longer there. Logan has perhaps some of the best booster programs around. We have a state of the art facility being built that will be known as The Chieftain Center. We have a top notch football stadium. We have nice schools for kids grade K-12. Everything one may think they may need for athletic success is there. However, we do not see that on the field. Gone are the days of “the old school on the hill” where PATs sailed into the back yard of neighboring houses. Gone is the pride that once flowed from a packed crowd. We will never have that old school back, but we can get that pride back. The only question is how?

Logangrad
All State

Re: Where does Logan go from here?

Post by Logangrad »

Debbie Downer..... :shock:

Live Like A Champion!
Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

Logangrad wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:35 am Debbie Downer..... :shock:
Just my opinion as I sit in my reserved seats every week. It’s a sad sight to see. Again, the question I posed is where does Logan go from here?

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

President Harry Truman said "the buck stops here", so tweet "The Donald", he has all the answers. :roll:

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Need to take a hard look at the whole program from the top on down! :oops:

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Logan needs a league so they can play more teams they can compete against. I think they are overdue for a coaching change as well.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

May be too early to ask but does Logan’s schedule look about the same for next year?

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

NY BUCK wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:59 pm May be too early to ask but does Logan’s schedule look about the same for next year?
@ Tri-Valley
vs. Teays Valley
@ Jackson
vs. Sheridan
@ Chillicothe
@ Athens
vs. Zanesville
vs. Meigs
@ Maysville
vs. Hamilton Township

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Chieftain2009 wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:02 pm
NY BUCK wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:59 pm May be too early to ask but does Logan’s schedule look about the same for next year?
@ Tri-Valley
vs. Teays Valley
@ Jackson
vs. Sheridan
@ Chillicothe
@ Athens
vs. Zanesville
vs. Meigs
@ Maysville
vs. Hamilton Township
Thanks for the info. Hope the program gets going in the right direction soon. Still wish Ny and Logan played.

Sunoco
Riding the Bench

Post by Sunoco »

They need to join the FAC for FOOTBALL ONLY. They are already playing Jackson and Chillicothe. I know the other schools will say it's too far but you only have to go to Logan every other year. One less game that the FAC schools will need to schedule.

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

I still wish the “almost Route 33” league that was discussed last year would come to fruition. It had a lot of good schools that I think would make for a great league (Groveport, Canal, etc). That is the type of league Logan needs to be in.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Chief02 wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:43 pm I still wish the “almost Route 33” league that was discussed last year would come to fruition. It had a lot of good schools that I think would make for a great league (Groveport, Canal, etc). That is the type of league Logan needs to be in.
agree

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Up ?

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

I’ve said many times, if I were Logan, I’d be calling Warren, Marietta, Jackson, Athens, and Point Pleasant and try to get the Seoal back together in some shape or form. Maybe a long shot, but what do they have to lose?

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Chief02 wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:35 pm What direction do you see Logan going after another disappointing season? Is it the cosching? Is it a lack of talent? Is it a combination of the two?

Whatever it is, the lack of community support for a once proud football program is beginning to show. The fans in the stands are a shell of what they once were on Friday nights. The enthusiasm is no longer there. Logan has perhaps some of the best booster programs around. We have a state of the art facility being built that will be known as The Chieftain Center. We have a top notch football stadium. We have nice schools for kids grade K-12. Everything one may think they may need for athletic success is there. However, we do not see that on the field. Gone are the days of “the old school on the hill” where PATs sailed into the back yard of neighboring houses. Gone is the pride that once flowed from a packed crowd. We will never have that old school back, but we can get that pride back. The only question is how?
I'd say its time for a new HC. Flush the most of the staff and start from scratch. But will it happen??? At one time I'd say Yes, with out a doubt it will happen. The football program is the lowest I've seen it in my 40 yrs of watching Logan Chieftain Football. The program seems like it is "just going through the motions" year in and out. The coaches kids attend school in Lancaster, which tells me he has no plans at all in staying for the long haul. And that he has plans/wants to coach his Alma-mater Lancaster when Bob Carpenter retires. Hes has never re-built a program and from the looks of it he has no plans or "know how to" on getting the job done. At his previous stops when he has left a program they were not in any better shape then when he found them. From the stands you can hear the dissatisfaction in the product that is put on the field week in and out. In his 6 or 7 years at Logan he has only produced 2 winning seasons. 8-2 and 7-3 both seasons of which didn't make the playoffs and where mostly products of weaker schedules and neither had any lasting effect on the program. The other 4 or 5 seasons were abysmal. No matter Logan's talent level, Logan is losing to teams they shouldn't be and when losing to teams they probable should lose to they are just getting pummeled to the point it's just embarrassing. And then they have the teams that Logan has a 50/50 shot at winning, they are getting pommeled in those also. From what I've seen his being out coached and it has nothing to do with talent or a league. The talents there. It how you communicate and teach what your wanting your players to do. The pride is still in Logan Chieftain Football. Its more of a case of a poor product being force feed. I'd think that if the administration doesn't make changes, they are okay with the product they are paying for. That I have a problem with, because if that is the case then why did they get rid of coach Wolfe after only 3 years?? Coach Wolfe we all knew was in it for the long haul and was a product of those winning seasons at Logan, playing and coaching. Did they give coach Wolfe a fair shot? If the administration continues with this coach when is enough enough? Is it when there is 10 ppl in the stands or when the outstanding booster program says " we don't have the money anymore?" Or is it when Logan can't field a team bc all of the athletes have migrated to other programs or left the school district all together? With the Facilities at Logan has there is no way we should be having trouble getting athletes to go out for a sport. If anything Logan should be drawing the "out skirts" of the district kids in to playing for Logan.

AT THE RESERVATION
Barber1973
Freshman Team

Post by Barber1973 »

Well said chief. Its time ger a change administration knows the fans r bout done. At least im hoping. When and if there change when will the public know

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

Orange and Brown wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:55 am Logan needs a league so they can play more teams they can compete against. I think they are overdue for a coaching change as well.

This is horse crap. Logan had a long and storied run in a league where they were a big fish in a small pond. That league folded and now they have been forced to play better competition during a time when the talent hasnt been as good. No offense to the current athletes its just the truth. Doesnt make them bad kids they just arent great players. Then to stoke the fire we have a moderator on here calling for the coaches head. It begs the question would we be behaving this way if the topic title involved Nelsonville. You sir need to submit your resignation to mattash.

This is Howard Cosell. Tellin' it like it is!
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Howard Cosell wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:25 am
Orange and Brown wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:55 am Logan needs a league so they can play more teams they can compete against. I think they are overdue for a coaching change as well.

This is horse crap. Logan had a long and storied run in a league where they were a big fish in a small pond. That league folded and now they have been forced to play better competition during a time when the talent hasnt been as good. No offense to the current athletes its just the truth. Doesnt make them bad kids they just arent great players. Then to stoke the fire we have a moderator on here calling for the coaches head. It begs the question would we be behaving this way if the topic title involved Nelsonville. You sir need to submit your resignation to mattash.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Point on! :mrgreen:

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Howard Cosell wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:25 am

Logan wasn't even the largest school in the SEOAL until the late-90s/early 2000s.

Return to “Football”