2019 Portsmouth Trojans Outlook

Cincinnati37
Waterboy

2019 Portsmouth Trojans Outlook

Post by Cincinnati37 »

What are things fans and others in the area thinkin about this program and coach with their playoff appearance this season

hbk1999
JV Team

Re: Can everyone take a look at the Portsmouth Trojans (7-3) with first year head coach Kalb

Post by hbk1999 »

Tremendous year. I would say he has been a great hire.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Can everyone take a look at the Portsmouth Trojans (7-3) with first year head coach Kalb

Post by mattash »

Yeah great hire, great job.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
BigChuck
JV Team

Post by BigChuck »

5% Kalb
95% Tylan Parker

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

BigChuck wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:49 am 5% Kalb
95% Tylan Parker
lol, Parker is a machine.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Cincinnati37
Waterboy

Post by Cincinnati37 »

I wouldn’t say it’s all Parker yeah Parker is a great player better then a lot of high school kids but you can’t be a good running back without a good O-line to block for him to get him 2,000+ Yards this season

Cincinnati37
Waterboy

Post by Cincinnati37 »

And it takes good coaching for all positions to win games Parker doesn’t win games he helps a lot but he can’t do it him self

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

mattash wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:59 am
95% Tylan Parker
A stud yes as but he will be the first to tell you he is not a one man team ,he gives a lot of praise to his o line.

The other kids and the coachs deserve a lot of credit.

This is basically the same team we had last year they have all worked their azz off in off season to get here.

First play off game in ten years ,so the answer is YES .

Good hire

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

He has done a pretty good job. Parker is a beast and without him we may not be in week 11. The line has improved thru the year. Defense too. If I had one area to critique it would be the grooming of jv players. We need a qb next year badly, offensive line badly. I would of worked with them and got them more involved. But maybe hard to do during the season. When this season is over it’s time to work on the kids who played Monday and will now have to fill roles on Friday. But the season has been a success. To me I think we should of went 8-2 possible 9-1. West game was a winnable game and coal grove. But could of should of. Kalb is the right guy. 1 more year with Parker and the juniors. Not sure what they have coming after that.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Beergogglebluez
SE

biggdowgg wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:40 pm
mattash wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:59 am
95% Tylan Parker
A stud yes as but he will be the first to tell you he is not a one man team ,he gives a lot of praise to his o line.

The other kids and the coachs deserve a lot of credit.

This is basically the same team we had last year they have all worked their azz off in off season to get here.

First play off game in ten years ,so the answer is YES .

Good hire
Every kid deserves some credit. From the ones who play Friday night to the backups who take the hits during the week from the 1st team. Not 1 kid brought them to week 11 it’s was 48-50 of them. There’s no I in team. Play together, win together. Just like the military. Not 1 person wins a war it’s everyone. Coaches get credit too. Proud of this season.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Coach Kalb, in this his first season, accomplished something that many, including me, thought was not possible. He led his Portsmouth Trojans to a 7-3 record and a week 11 appearance in the OHSAA playoffs. I don't think that the expectations were quite that for Portsmouth heading into the season, but Coach Kalb defied the odds. The players on the field are the ones who run, pass, block, and tackle, but it also takes some outstanding work on the sidelines to make a complete team. Also I commend the coaching staff as a whole, because they don't get the publicity that the head coach gets, but they are a very important component to a successful football team.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

95% Tylan Parker
One great player can make a big difference in a smaller division conference , game to game, opponent to opponent. I would say though more 70%- 30% but still a higher % for Parker than coaching for this year and probably next. Time will tell. Take Parker out of the lineup this year and Portsmouth with the same supporting cast on the field is probably 3-7 at best.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I know it takes more than 1 player for a team to have a successful season. I was only able to watch the Trojans 1 game this year. It takes the coaches and the kids playing with a lot of confidence to have the kind of year that they have had. I knew how good of a running back that he was, I never knew he was that good on defense. A lot of you fans have watched PHS play all 10 games this year. " Jolly P(irate) " posted this on the PHS-Madison thread. I knew that Parker was very good, after watching this I'm even more convinced. ( https://www.hudl.com/video/3/7758388/5b...160cdo3fa5 )

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Has the Trojan's defense become better? Seems like they have always been able to score but gave up too many points for the offense to over come. Portsmouth, Gallia and Ironton are starting to come to the top in the OVC.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

Is the Boehm kid still being looked at? If I remember right didn't an OSU coach talk to him the same time they were down here to look at Scott from East?

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

They should be 7-3 with that schedule. They played 1 good team in the regular season and they weren’t great.

REDMEN95
JV Team

Post by REDMEN95 »

Rumor is Parker will be playing for the Pirates next year...is this true??

Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

REDMEN95 wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:05 am Rumor is Parker will be playing for the Pirates next year...is this true??
Everyone was talking about that same rumor last year. Which means................ probably not true at all.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Parker won’t go anywhere. All his friends are at Portsmouth. And as good as Parker is would he fit burgs offense? That rumor is false.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:45 pm Parker won’t go anywhere. All his friends are at Portsmouth. And as good as Parker is would he fit burgs offense? That rumor is false.
He would fit great in burgs offense
Wouldn’t get 30 touches a game and wouldn’t have the stats but would win more games and go deeper in playoffs

Return to “Football”