Madison 26 Portsmouth 0 Round 1 Region 20 2018

buckeyenation
Riding the Bench

Re: Region 20 #7 Portsmouth @ #2 Madison

Post by buckeyenation »

Just watched 4 of Madison’s game I’m impressed with both lines. I think this is our kind of game and we get the upset. Parker gets a seam it’s over and like you guys said they haven’t went 4 quarters all year. Wear them out like we did Ironton. 74 guard and 36 DE are both studs

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

MadDogg: Your post was totally uncalled for. If you want to pick Madison to win, that's fine. At least do it in good taste. I know you have read my posts for years on here and in any of them I have never disrespected your Wheelersburg Pirates.

It will a tough task for the Trojans to beat Madison on their home field, but I know for sure that our Trojans will give it their best shot and leave it all on the field. Portsmouth is proud of these boys for what they have accomplished already, having to win the last 4 games of the regular season not knowing if would result in a week 11 game. There have been ups and downs with this team, but there's a chapter that's to be written of Trojan football that hasn't been written since 2007. For a program that went 35-65 the last 10 years coming into this season, this 2018 Trojan football team will be long remembered. Whatever the outcome on Saturday, at least there are some bright lights shining on Portsmouth football once again.

Biggdowgg and I plan on being there, and I hope that a good contingent of the Trojan Nation will make the trip as well. After 11 years without a week 11 game, these kids deserve to see a lot of Red and Blue in the stands. GO TROJANS!!!

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

trojandave wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:19 pm MadDogg: Your post was totally uncalled for. If you want to pick Madison to win, that's fine. At least do it in good taste. I know you have read my posts for years on here and in any of them I have never disrespected your Wheelersburg Pirates.

It will a tough task for the Trojans to beat Madison on their home field, but I know for sure that our Trojans will give it their best shot and leave it all on the field. Portsmouth is proud of these boys for what they have accomplished already, having to win the last 4 games of the regular season not knowing if would result in a week 11 game. There have been ups and downs with this team, but there's a chapter that's to be written of Trojan football that hasn't been written since 2007. For a program that went 35-65 the last 10 years coming into this season, this 2018 Trojan football team will be long remembered. Whatever the outcome on Saturday, at least there are some bright lights shining on Portsmouth football once again.

Biggdowgg and I plan on being there, and I hope that a good contingent of the Trojan Nation will make the trip as well. After 11 years without a week 11 game, these kids deserve to see a lot of Red and Blue in the stands. GO TROJANS!!!
A wise man once told me. I don’t care if we have to go to Fairbanks Alaska I’ll be there. Well I’ll be there too. I wouldn’t miss this for the world.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

A lot of people just don't realize how good these kids feel after being able to make the playoffs after not coming close for at least 11 yrs. I can't understand why we as fans can't get behind and support all the teams in SEO that were lucky to make the Playoffs.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I have heard that Madison is bigger, faster and stronger than they were last season.
With Parker, I would use him in as many ways as possible.
Misdirection plays, end around's, screen passes(Portsmouth should pull the Licking Valley playoff films out and see how they ran that misdirection screen, they used to run with Kline and throw in a hook and ladder.
I would also use him as a decoy,especially when it looks like the ball is going to him.

I see this one being very bad, with Madison winning with a running clock.

I do want Portsmouth to win.

mackdog
Freshman Team

Post by mackdog »

Nice to see the Trojans in week 11. Reminds me of the Trojans from the late 90's early 2000's. Good luck!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

trojandave wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:19 pm MadDogg: Your post was totally uncalled for. If you want to pick Madison to win, that's fine. At least do it in good taste. I know you have read my posts for years on here and in any of them I have never disrespected your Wheelersburg Pirates.

I saw nothing offensive about mad dog post. He didn’t say Portsmouth sucked or wasn’t worthy but gave his opinion saying that Madison was the superior team and that the bus ride would be long. Geez

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Being in week 11 is great, but you can’t be satisfied with just making the playoffs. You need to go in there believing you are going to win. Take it to them Trojans!!

Pa Trojan
JV Team

Post by Pa Trojan »

I believe in this young men. I believe in the staff, I also believe that this will be a tough task.Its great to see the post season once again. Don't rest on this, have a great week of practice and prepare for a war. Go Trojans

PirateBB
Freshman Team

Post by PirateBB »

Good Luck to the Trojans! I spoke with several Madison fans last year before our Wheelersburg game, and they were extremely confident and told me that they "knew" that Burg had no chance in the game. We know how that turned out for them. They will again feel very confident Saturday. Hoping that Parker and all the guys go up there and show them what Scioto County Football is all about!!! BELIEVE that you can win!!!

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

The Madison defense is just wayyy to much for Portsmouth and I'm not big on Trojan defense. Going with Madison running clock.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Re: Week 11 Portsmouth (7-3) at Madison (10-0)

Post by Mad-Dogg »

biggdowgg wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:10 pm
Mad-Dogg wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:53 am It’s gonna be a long bus ride home for the trojans. I hope they have their iPods good and changed. Madison by at least 21
This team has not seen the post season for 10 years ,I'm I'm pretty sure they are very much going to enjoy the ride down and back !!

Why be such a smart ass about the iPods and poop why not wish a local team good luck ?

I
I do hope they win. I hope it’s burg and ports in a few wks to decide who goes to the state semi finals

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

PirateBB wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:34 pm Good Luck to the Trojans! I spoke with several Madison fans last year before our Wheelersburg game, and they were extremely confident and told me that they "knew" that Burg had no chance in the game. We know how that turned out for them. They will again feel very confident Saturday. Hoping that Parker and all the guys go up there and show them what Scioto County Football is all about!!! BELIEVE that you can win!!!
Well said. They thought they was gonna kick our asses as did eastwood and we know how they both turned out. Good luck trojans

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

wobycat wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:16 pm

I saw nothing offensive about mad dog post. He didn’t say Portsmouth sucked or wasn’t worthy but gave his opinion saying that Madison was the superior team and that the bus ride would be long. Geez
Thanks but u don’t need to defend my post. He knows that it wasn’t disrespecting the trojans. I do hope they win but do I think it will happen probably not

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
VILLAGE IDIOT
Riding the Bench

Post by VILLAGE IDIOT »

I saw nothing wrong with MadDoggs post either. He is entitled to his opinion. I'm pulling for trojans but i think Madison wins with a running clock.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

VILLAGE IDIOT wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:10 am I saw nothing wrong with MadDoggs post either. He is entitled to his opinion. I'm pulling for trojans but i think Madison wins with a running clock.
Thanks.

I agree I’m pulling for them I just don’t think they can win. From what I’ve heard they are a better team than last yr and they gave us all we wanted and then some. Even had a 10-0 lead.

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

The Trojans live and die by Parker. He is an exceptional athlete. They will have to have some other kids step up and make some big plays. If Parker can break free a couple times, I can see them pulling this one off.

piratefan3
Waterboy

Post by piratefan3 »

Portsmouth has had a great season this year (especially for their past performances) It would be nice for them to pull the upset on Madison and play THE BURG in round two.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

piratefan3 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:10 am Portsmouth has had a great season this year (especially for their past performances) It would be nice for them to pull the upset on Madison and play THE BURG in round two.
Burg and ports wouldn’t play till the regional finals

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
piratefan3
Waterboy

Post by piratefan3 »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:23 am
piratefan3 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:10 am Portsmouth has had a great season this year (especially for their past performances) It would be nice for them to pull the upset on Madison and play THE BURG in round two.
Burg and ports wouldn’t play till the regional finals
Should we count Burg vs. West as a game?

Return to “Football”