Wheelersburg 52 Portsmouth West 7 Round 1 Region 20 2018

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Region 20 #8 Portsmouth West @ #1 Wheelersburg

Post by greygoose »

wobycat wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:28 pm
greygoose wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:14 pm Burg is really good at adjustments and with a week and getting the game at home. Burg 41-13
Portsmouth West May score 7 but that’s it.
Was giving a late score against burgs JV.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Doubt very much that West has anymore success with there offense against Burgs defense than they did last week. I know Wests defense played pretty good at times, but if they are on the field that much, and there offense isn't capable of moving the ball better than last week,I think they will have trouble keeping Burg from scoring a lot more than they did last week.

Hylander
JV Team

Post by Hylander »

I predict West to score first on a 50+ yard play.

VILLAGE IDIOT
Riding the Bench

Post by VILLAGE IDIOT »

I think Pirates win this one 35-0

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

With a healthy West team and having just played Burg last week, I expect this game to be slightly closer than the first match up.

I will say

West 13
Burg 28

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:43 am With a healthy West team and having just played Burg last week, I expect this game to be slightly closer than the first match up.

I will say

West 13
Burg 28
Unless it’s a healthy passing game for West I don’t see this one being that close.

piratefan3
Waterboy

Post by piratefan3 »

West can come back more physical but once the Pirates go up big, things will start to get chippy

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

piratefan3 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:12 am West can come back more physical but once the Pirates go up big, things will start to get chippy
We def know they like to try and take out our players. We also know they like to trash our locker room. Hopefully neither of these happen saturday night

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
MountaineerMan2018
Waterboy

Post by MountaineerMan2018 »

West's best chance to beat Burg would have been last Friday at the Rock on that sloppy field covered in mud. On turf, with no rain I believe helps the pirates even more. I'd say this game will be worse then last week.
West - 7
Burg - 42

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:24 am
piratefan3 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:12 am West can come back more physical but once the Pirates go up big, things will start to get chippy
We def know they like to try and take out our players. We also know they like to trash our locker room. Hopefully neither of these happen saturday night
Come on Dogg. We don’t need that conversation to have again.

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

Da Burg in this one. And bigger than the experts believe

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

What don’t they just say let’s go to week 12. Can’t imagine West would have a problem with that. What could the score be with good field conditions?

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

rxburgfan wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:25 pm What don’t they just say let’s go to week 12. Can’t imagine West would have a problem with that. What could the score be with good field conditions?
Are they kicking it to 29 or not, cause if they do, they could score 60

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

I gave West 7 this past Friday because the game was at West. They may not score this time...
The Pirates will be firing up the canon.

Burgfan/grad85
Freshman Team

Post by Burgfan/grad85 »

Let's just take this one game at a time and let's hope for no injuries and good sportsmanship from both teams and pray for good weather!

jumpstart
Riding the Bench

Post by jumpstart »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:48 pm
Take out your players? You guys just flat out take our players and everyone elses for that matter. How many free Tennessee vacations do your board members give out a year

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

jumpstart wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:03 pm

Take out your players? You guys just flat out take our players and everyone elses for that matter. How many free Tennessee vacations do your board members give out a year
Bro. We take what we want. Like that Gold Football. Year after year after year. A good program speaks for itself.

Put yourself in these shoes. You have the ability to go play for the best program in your county. Whether it be open enrollment or just plain moving to the district. What do you do? Your parents even ask if you want to go. They’re for it. What do you do? Do you go where you can succeed? Or do you stay put?

Now. You have your answer. These other people have theirs. Leave it at that.

Footballfan96
Waterboy

Post by Footballfan96 »

Here we go with the recruiting crap again it’s amazing west can talk but soon as you ask them to name one it’s gets quit like a ghost town there so called best player ever was came from nw people just need to shut up

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:46 pm
jumpstart wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:03 pm

Bro. We take what we want. Like that Gold Football. Year after year after year. A good program speaks for itself.

Put yourself in these shoes. You have the ability to go play for the best program in your county. Whether it be open enrollment or just plain moving to the district. What do you do? Your parents even ask if you want to go. They’re for it. What do you do? Do you go where you can succeed? Or do you stay put?

Now. You have your answer. These other people have theirs. Leave it at that.
Jolly, you have probably the most athletic kid in Minford elementary school. Has burg offered you a free vacation to move him there? Hahaha come on. Recruiting in seo is a joke. Success in all areas is what is bringing these kids to the burg.

jumpstart
Riding the Bench

Post by jumpstart »

Footballfan96 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:50 pm Here we go with the recruiting crap again it’s amazing west can talk but soon as you ask them to name one it’s gets quit like a ghost town there so called best player ever was came from nw people just need to shut up
Look no further than your 2 new recruits on your 8th grade team this year. one recruited from Valley and one from West. Both are stand out 3 star atheletes arguably the best from each respective school.

Return to “Football”