Gallia Week 11?

svac83
SE

Re: Gallia Week 11?

Post by svac83 »

Ok even though Gallia academy has the right to host a round one playoff game. There is a independent person assigned to run this game. If the field cannot be considered playable by this person. Gallia Academy will have to move this game if they can find a facility or forfeit the right to host and licking valley would be given the right to host.

Even though this independent person may be the gallia academy athletic director or someone on the staff they just cant decide that the field is playable without it being the case because if night of game the field is not acceptable. The school could forfeit right to host in future years. could receive no reimbursement or gate from this game.

So it is not as simple as it may sound.

But after being on the field last night. i can tell you that the field is in much better shape then what it was the week before the playoff game they hosted in 2012. i think if we can get one or two days early in week with no rain or little rain on this field this field can be made much more playable then it was last night. And better then 2012. In the past like 2012 and other times really was field drainage and actual standing water on field that lead to mud that you really sank into and the water and mud just laid on the field getting worse and worse.

This field right now is not really draining all that bad. you dont really have that whole section over by the numbers that is unplayable. The problem you have this year and i am guessing it is because of all the flood water is the turf and topsoil on top has come loose from the underlying ground. Now your only going to get one shot at doing this. But i think if you can get something on this field to compact the ground or roll the field i think you can get these two sections to at least act like they are still connected.

If you can do that then this field will be playable. A muddy field is a playable field. a field where whole sections of the ground are moving under the foot is not. the foot moving and sliding on mud is acceptable. The ground giving way is not.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

I certainly hope it is playable.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Hercules wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:41 pm Rumor going around. Gallipolis will try to get their field ready Monday and Tuesday. If they can't get it ready they will play in Jackson
Please, don’t ever say that again!

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

WOW !Home field is a must ! Sorry don't give up home field !

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Looks like we are in for some rain this week.:(

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Guess this call does actually belong to OHSAA as to where this game will be played! Do not be surprised if game is moved.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I will be shocked if this game gets moved. A muddy field and no grass will not get this game moved. OSHAA could care less if it is a mud bath. They just need to make field safe. And I think they can get that part done.

In this match up though I am not sure blue devils might prefer to play on turf because they won’t be the big team here and they are going to have to pass to win. But I say memorial field Saturday night.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

svac83 wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:14 am I will be shocked if this game gets moved. A muddy field and no grass will not get this game moved. OSHAA could care less if it is a mud bath. They just need to make field safe. And I think they can get that part done.

In this match up though I am not sure blue devils might prefer to play on turf because they won’t be the big team here and they are going to have to pass to win. But I say memorial field Saturday night.
I wouldn't be shocked as I posted on another thread earlier. OHSAA will do what is deemed necessary for the safety of the players in the political correctness of the times. If it rains another 2 or 3 days it won't be a question.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Well here is the thing. OHSAA isn’t going to come look at that field. It will be up to the individual that runs the game. If it is just pure mud that field will be considered ok. That is what you get on a grass field sometimes. And like I said. Friday was much better then a week before the playoff game in 2012. And it rained everyday almost that next week. We will see.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:24 pm
svac83 wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:14 am I will be shocked if this game gets moved. A muddy field and no grass will not get this game moved. OSHAA could care less if it is a mud bath. They just need to make field safe. And I think they can get that part done.

I wouldn't be shocked as I posted on another thread earlier. OHSAA will do what is deemed necessary for the safety of the players in the political correctness of the times. If it rains another 2 or 3 days it won't be a question.
You should see what Trimbles field looked like some of the years they hosted.
This game won't be moved.......

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Some folks just stirring the pot.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Orange and Brown wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:56 pm

It's now official, JACKSON !!!!!

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

GalliaGrad78 wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:35 am
FANOSPORTS wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:15 am Licking Valley has lost to 3 playoff teams with a combined 27-3 record (Sheridan, Granville in D3 and Johnstown D5 which was a 1 point game). I hope Memorial field isn't a mudpit by next week. They could opt to move the game to River Valley you know if all parties agree . :idea:
I can't imagine why Gallia Academy would give up their home field to play at Bidwell, mud or not.
River Valley apparently not good enough either. Playing in Jackson ($$$$$) :o

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Best of luck to Gallia Academy
Last edited by Ironman92 on Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:57 pm
Orange and Brown wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:56 pm

It's now official, JACKSON !!!!!
Gallia caved to easily

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

So is it a done deal or not?

I’m getting ready to watch Sportscenter so hopefully I’ll know for sure.

Return to “Football”