SEOPS HOF

Re: Waverly 34 Logan 20

Post by Raider6309 »

Ground Chuck speaks the truth. Logan needs to play teams to they can beat

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

Nah...That's not the problem...Cupcake games won't help...The program needs refurbished in many areas...Top to bottom...

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

9.5 INCHES wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:08 am Nah...That's not the problem...Cupcake games won't help...The program needs refurbished in many areas...Top to bottom...
I'm with you. From what I've seen Its no about in-game management then Talent and confidants.

AT THE RESERVATION
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: WK10: Logan (1-8) @ Waverly (8-1)

Post by noreply66 »

Ground Buck wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:43 pm
Paladin wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:45 pm I wonder if ground bucky is an older coach from N-Y ? It may be that he was around when we played a 4 game series with N-Y when I coached Rosecrans and we won 3 of those games in pretty convincing fashion. Otherwise, he misses the point of the post. Waverly probably wins, but it’s not a given. Looks like a rain game, wet field and all. Waverly relies on skill. Logan , while trying to run a finess O, is more power oriented with a solid D. Can a 1-8 team beat a 8-1 team in a rain game ? Stay tuned.

Waverly makes the playoffs win or lose. The problem is what awaits them. Logan should help prepare them, but their schedule has been too light to toughen them up for the playoffs, even with a decent team. They just aren’t in tune with what it will take.

Logan needs a complete overhaul and it’s not certain the town elders have the brains or cohones to do it. They apparently are willing to continue to be feckless.
Waverly winning was a given. But Logan was competitive. You are missing the point that I'm agreeing with you. Logan needs to play the smaller SEO schools in order to rebuild their program. Get a good up and coming, energic coach in there and build it back up to what Logan once was.
This means any school im SEO.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Raider6309 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:39 am Ground Chuck speaks the truth. Logan needs to play teams to they can beat
Athens did it so maybe it will work for Logan.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Logan does need a more realistic schedule.

Doesn't have to be smaller schools.

But play St. Charles instead of Watterson/DeSales. Play Marietta, Warren, or Cambridge instead of Zanesville (although overall I like ZHS on the sched).

Play Watkins instead of Tri-Valley or Sheridan.

But the problem is - as an independent - Logan has few real options to fix the schedule. Lots of weeks to schedule and half of them have few options because everyone else has league games.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

1987chieftains wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:31 am
9.5 INCHES wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:08 am Nah...That's not the problem...Cupcake games won't help...The program needs refurbished in many areas...Top to bottom...
I'm with you. From what I've seen Its no about in-game management then Talent and confidants.
New Coach needs to pick his or hers own staff and bring in new ones if possible. There is talent in the halls to recruit! :mrgreen:

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

moonshine wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:20 am
New Coach needs to pick his or hers own staff and bring in new ones if possible. There is talent in the halls to recruit! :mrgreen:
In a vacuum, of course a head coach should pick his staff.

But unless the coaches are going to be volunteers at LHS or teach at another school and only take a supplemental paycheck from LHS then you can't just create 5-6-7-8 teaching positions.

And having coaches who arent in the school buildings creates a whole seperate set of problems IMO.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

loganlocos wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:23 am
moonshine wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:20 am

In a vacuum, of course a head coach should pick his staff.

But unless the coaches are going to be volunteers at LHS or teach at another school and only take a supplemental paycheck from LHS then you can't just create 5-6-7-8 teaching positions.

And having coaches who arent in the school buildings creates a whole seperate set of problems IMO.
I also like the idea of teachers as assistants. In are system there are a few teachers that are not coaching football that might help our sorry program. Might have failed to make a clear point! Lets Still give the new coach as many opinion's as possible! :mrgreen:

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

In all honesty the staff can stay. Its a failure to produce issue. That is a refection of leadership. The staff just carries out the marching orders. In my professional world, if your not producing, Your Gone, Period! Your a bad asset to the company thats not making money.

AT THE RESERVATION
old benchwarmer
Freshman Team

Post by old benchwarmer »

Doc wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:26 am They made it back to their, "winning ways" well before Coach Crabtree. They went to the playoffs with both head coaches between Coach Bolin and Coach Crabtree. They never had any business in the SEOAL as they were never even close to the size of schools in the SEOAL (Logan AAA, Waverly, AA). So yes, they were never even competitive in football in the SEOAL. This season they started the year off playing 3 SVC teams, 2 of which are in the same division as Waverly and the other is 4 miles down the road. I hope that Logan gets back on track soon. They have great football tradition and that is something to be proud of.
I did say they had a losing streak until Coach Bolin came in. But during that losing streak, they wouldn't have competed well in the SOC either. They occasionally played SOC teams during that stretch and didn't win many. The teams Bolin had would have competed in the SEOAL fairly well.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

1987chieftains wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:12 am In all honesty the staff can stay. Its a failure to produce issue. That is a refection of leadership. The staff just carries out the marching orders. In my professional world, if your not producing, Your Gone, Period! Your a bad asset to the company thats not making money.

Good point! Leadership comes from the TOP! For underperforming you do not fire the troops, you fire the person in charge! The money issues will start to show as the attendance continues to drop! Time for a CHANGE! :mrgreen:

Return to “Football”