Gallia Academy 36 Licking Valley 12 Round 1 Region 15 2018

Fonzie
S

Re: Region 15 #7 Licking Valley @ #2 Gallia Academy

Post by Fonzie »

Sunoco wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:08 am
Fonzie wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:27 am To any GA supporter, if you guys wanted to be playing at home come week 11, then you would have a field suitable for playing a week 11 game. The way I see it, if the past 8-10 years would have been winning seasons, there probably would have been enough support to get the new stadium out by the high school. Instead, there were several losing seasons where the interest (an money) was lost. Hopefully GA is on the upswing and will generate a lot of support from the community, and thus, be able to build the stadium you deserve.

Not to mention it would be hard to justify building a new stadium in the past few years, when in that same time frame, the district was rifting teachers due to budget issues. I am sure the new superintendent will get things turned around and if the football program can keep winning, we will all see a stadium in centenary before too long. At least I hope so. Although Memorial Field as a lot of History for GA, it is not the best location to represent your team now. Both locker rooms are absolutely deplorable. One is falling off the hillside, the other can barely fit a Jr High team in it.
From what I'm hearing the youth football program will not play games next year at Memorial field - good move. Now move the junior high as well. Both groups could play at the high school and some additional movable bleachers could be added. Most years its the youth and junior high that tear up the field. Too many games are being played on that field.

Also Penrod is a pretty smart wanting to move this game to Jackson. Kinda making a point to the community that the school needs a new field. Plus it's smart on Jackson's part because of the revenue from parking and concessions that they will make.

Unfortunately I don't see a new field happening until the "powers to be" give up the idea of having a stadium like Logan or Jackson. There is just not enough support from the community to build a stadium of that size.

Couldn't agree more with your post. Hopefully there are smarter people making decisions about the future football stadium, than were in charge when designing the new high school. Build what is needed, not what will make you look better than Jackson.

Seating doesn't need to be anything more than what is at Memorial Field. Keep a grass playing surface. Build you a field house that has locker rooms. boys and girls, girls can be used for visiting football teams, but can also be used for track and field/cross country for GA girls. Have a weight room. Have a few offices for coaches.

Once that is built, keep memorial field for youth league and junior high. Make it mean something to play under the lights at the new stadium for high school students.

BillC
Riding the Bench

Post by BillC »

GalliaGrad78 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:11 am
BillC wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:03 pm
GalliaGrad78 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:19 pm Who benefits from this?
The team?
The athletic boosters?
The band boosters?
The faithful fans?
Jackson?
How about the safety of the players? They might benefit.
How exactly does Jackson benefit?
Maybe you should try to be a ltiile bit grateful.
The safety of the players? You gotta be kidding!
Who can prove more and injuries on grass/mud?
Will Havkson not benefit from concessions and parking?
Grateful to be giving up home field? Duh!
You’ve got to be kidding. I’m quite sure there will be no charge for parking from Jackson program. Maybe the OSCAA will allow Gallia to charge to park, but I guarantee you that the Jackson folks will not be looking to profit off gallipolis’ problems. I have no idea about concessions. Again, I seriously doubt that Jackson is looking to profit. Knowing the folks in charge, I would say that Jackson called Gallipolis and offered the facility. For heavens sake, just be grateful. There was no way the oscaa was going to allow a game to be played on your field, and I certainly don’t blame them or Licking Valley for not wanting to play there. If you can’t see an elevated risk of injury by playing in mud, then I certainly won’t be able to persuade you that there is.

BillC
Riding the Bench

Post by BillC »

Buckeye2018 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:36 am Personally I wanna thank jackson for allowing our team play on there field ..for those complaining it's not that far its 30 to 45 minute drive lol licking valley will still have 2 hour drive we will still have home field advantage because our fans travel well and many in southeast ohio will be there supporting the blue so let's move on to the task at hand with the licking valley panthers
Very well said. It is a wonderful facility, certainly the best south of Columbus. I’m sure there may be larger stadiums in the state, but I guarantee you there are none nicer or better cared for.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Sunoco wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:08 am
Fonzie wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:27 am To any GA supporter, if you guys wanted to be playing at home come week 11, then you would have a field suitable for playing a week 11 game. The way I see it, if the past 8-10 years would have been winning seasons, there probably would have been enough support to get the new stadium out by the high school. Instead, there were several losing seasons where the interest (an money) was lost. Hopefully GA is on the upswing and will generate a lot of support from the community, and thus, be able to build the stadium you deserve.

Not to mention it would be hard to justify building a new stadium in the past few years, when in that same time frame, the district was rifting teachers due to budget issues. I am sure the new superintendent will get things turned around and if the football program can keep winning, we will all see a stadium in centenary before too long. At least I hope so. Although Memorial Field as a lot of History for GA, it is not the best location to represent your team now. Both locker rooms are absolutely deplorable. One is falling off the hillside, the other can barely fit a Jr High team in it.
From what I'm hearing the youth football program will not play games next year at Memorial field - good move. Now move the junior high as well. Both groups could play at the high school and some additional movable bleachers could be added. Most years its the youth and junior high that tear up the field. Too many games are being played on that field.

Also Penrod is a pretty smart wanting to move this game to Jackson. Kinda making a point to the community that the school needs a new field. Plus it's smart on Jackson's part because of the revenue from parking and concessions that they will make.

Unfortunately I don't see a new field happening until the "powers to be" give up the idea of having a stadium like Logan or Jackson. There is just not enough support from the community to build a stadium of that size.
Why do you guys keep spewing that they want a stadium like Jackson’s. The plan is for a 3.5 million stadium with turf 2.9 without turf. 1.1 million of that is for a field house home bleachers and press box and getting the water sewer and electric installed in stadium.

The reason why such a small difference between turf and grass is when track was built most of underground work for a turf stadium done there would actually have to be extra work done to crown the field for grass.

The stadiums at river valley and south Gallia cost 1.75 mill and 1.5 mill neither of those stadiums big enough plus with all other outside sports they have and right now no outside facilities of any kind. They need to do a little extra work.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

BillC wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:31 am

You’ve got to be kidding. I’m quite sure there will be no charge for parking from Jackson program. Maybe the OSCAA will allow Gallia to charge to park, but I guarantee you that the Jackson folks will not be looking to profit off gallipolis’ problems. I have no idea about concessions. Again, I seriously doubt that Jackson is looking to profit. Knowing the folks in charge, I would say that Jackson called Gallipolis and offered the facility. For heavens sake, just be grateful. There was no way the oscaa was going to allow a game to be played on your field, and I certainly don’t blame them or Licking Valley for not wanting to play there. If you can’t see an elevated risk of injury by playing in mud, then I certainly won’t be able to persuade you that there is.
Please Jackson I am sure will charge for parking why would they not. And if there people run concessions they will keep the concessions money and should.

And yes field may have been slick. But my guess could of been made to pass OHSAA safety. I could almost bet you. If the blue devils would of been 3rd seed and unioto the 6th seed. That this game would of been at memorial field in same field conditions... this has some to do with field conditions a ton to do with. Giving your team best chance to win.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

Jackson will most definitely charge for parking. The only way to charge for parking in postseason play, is if you charge for parking during the regular season. Jackson charges for parking during all regular seasons games, therefor, will charge for parking at this event.

Sunoco
Riding the Bench

Post by Sunoco »

BillC wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:31 am

Why wouldn't they be looking to make a profit? I guarantee you that is the only way they would allow them to play on their field. Bills still need to be paid for lighting, electric and staff for cleanup.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

They will be given money net by OHSAA to pay for electric clean up and all.

IronTough2
Riding the Bench

Post by IronTough2 »

Now that Jackson and Gallia have already played there will be many Ironmen faithful there Saturday night pulling for Gallia to get the win! Myself included! Good luck and keep it rolling into week 12!

oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

Go Blue Devils!

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

if the field isn't safe why hasn't it been condemned
football is designed to be played in the elements
I`m curious what the rule book says about fields
what is needed to play a football game
youth league refusing to play there, that's doing the middle and high school a favor

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

a true football player could careless where the game is played, just give me a shot at the title and lets playball

CheeseBurger
Riding the Bench

Post by CheeseBurger »

Papa cheese 🧀 will be at the game fellas! Wide open leave it all out on the field. Throwback Devils Baby!

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

This home field advantage will come back and haunt GA ! Hope not )? Not right.! Old School !

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Sorry when Wamsley was the AD he took care of the field his self all summer long ! This would not had happen .

Blue/92
Riding the Bench

Post by Blue/92 »

Come on kids, are you all in Jr. High? Quit the bickering about the field and let's get back at the game at hand. It is what it is!

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

I assume that tickets are available at the school?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Does Gallia benefit from the turf or are they better suited in this matchup on grass/mud? Gallia has a very good defense so that translates to all fields...how about offensively?

Blue/92
Riding the Bench

Post by Blue/92 »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:57 pm Does Gallia benefit from the turf or are they better suited in this matchup on grass/mud? Gallia has a very good defense so that translates to all fields...how about offensively?
They've done pretty good all year on all surfaces. I think the turf will allow for their backs to go at full go. Also they have some speed skilled players that will be able to make better cuts on routes.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Just a thought but I like it since I'm old school that Valleys uniforms haven't changed for decades (red, white & blue) with the straight line old school color presentation with the pants & jerseys. They don't need the new swirlies, points, tips, different color hues etc. much like Ironton and always play tough and physical, mano e mano, nothing fancy. You know what you'll get if your coach graduated from that high school and has been head coach for 43 years. This should be a hard hitting game.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"

Return to “Football”