Johnstown-Monroe 15 Ironton 7 Round 1 Region 19 2018

oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Re: Region 19 #8 Ironton @ #1 Johnstown-Monroe

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

The Ironton Tiger faithful has a lot to be proud of this year...hoping for the upset up here in northern Tiger territory!

CheeseBurger
Riding the Bench

Post by CheeseBurger »

Whoop em Irontigers!

Purplesage
Freshman Team

Post by Purplesage »

I for one pending a Purple Rider win would love to see Ironton kick some Johnie butt!!! We need to get the "Tiger" off our back!! Lol

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

I still say johnies by 10 and that's only because ironton scores late when it doesn't matter. This is not an ovc school.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

Go
Attachments
F8E4A7C9-3816-48AC-8D57-B1CD8F06E322.jpeg

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

I would like to see the Tigers get a win but I would be more confident if they hadn't lost their last two games. Not the best way to enter the playoffs.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
JeepsWin
Waterboy

Post by JeepsWin »

Hop the Tigers Win!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I'm with 79 tiger. after blowing big leads against Gallia academy and Portsmouth my confidence is waining some. but these were 2 fine football teams too. and the tigers are very young. if they can string together 4 quarters like they have played the 1st half of the last 2 games. they could very well upset the johnnies. tall task for the young fighting tigers. but limit mistakes and turnovers and penalties. and string together 4 solid quarters and this could be a fun ride back on the custom fighting tigers grey dawgs.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Whynotus18
Waterboy

Post by Whynotus18 »

Im taking Ironton in this one i think they pull the upset against Jtown.

Burgfan/grad85
Freshman Team

Post by Burgfan/grad85 »

14svt wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:07 pmGo
Bet the Johnies are glad that the Burg is in region 20 this year ! :o

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

wowzer33 wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:18 am
Whynotus18 wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:56 am Im taking Ironton in this one i think they pull the upset against Jtown.
I agree! Jtown doesn't know what they're running into! Tigers by 2 scores
You sure

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

Burgfan/grad85 wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:56 am
14svt wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:07 pmGo
Bet the Johnies are glad that the Burg is in region 20 this year ! :o
Not really

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

The Johnnies should win this one but this new coach for Ironton has his "sea legs" under him now and the culture and future is looking brighter. I hope it continues. 8-)

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

They need athletes

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Also, ironton has one win over an Ohio school with a finishing winning record, an ovc school in fairland. As for Saturday, todo you're not in Kansas anymore.....

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

This region is not very good. “So you’re saying we have a shot...”
I don’t think so Tim
Johnnies win this one

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

14svt wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:40 am Didn’t Wheelerburg have trouble with Ironton in the first half ?
Ironton has given every team they’ve played more than they could handle (six) & took (three) down to the last tik-tok’s.

As far as the burg game, ironton got a 6 point ADVANTAGE . Had huge momentum, stuck with Burg well into the late second half and folded.

The difference is, Ironton has not managed to put together 4 quarters of FB. After holding 3-score leads against Portsmouth and Gallia, IHS folded after HT. They’ve got a mental block and play flat, have turnovers & penalties after HT, that has cost them three of four losses(Portsmouth, Ashland, & Gallia).

If they are healthy with FOSSON AND DEERE, they’ll show up. If they overcome the 2nd half mental block, they’ll compete!

They are on their way back to the top in SEO FB. Actually, the OVC is going to be very strong for years to come & whomever has the healthy players that comit year round, will emerge out of their regions & beyond.

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

I’ve been watching some Ironton films Jtown has got to stop Salyer on the passing and running , also stop the Big Rb they have
I’m seeing Jtown has a bigger line to push
Difference I see is Portsmouth has 1 really good rb they depended on and got a lot of yards
Jtown uses 3 rbs including there qb and throws when needed
Hopefully for a good game
Go Johnnies

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:40 am
14svt wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:40 am Didn’t Wheelerburg have trouble with Ironton in the first half ?
Ironton has given every team they’ve played more than they could handle (six) & took (three) down to the last tik-tok’s.

As far as the burg game, ironton got a 6 point ADVANTAGE . Had huge momentum, stuck with Burg well into the late second half and folded.

The difference is, Ironton has not managed to put together 4 quarters of FB. After holding 3-score leads against Portsmouth and Gallia, IHS folded after HT. They’ve got a mental block and play flat, have turnovers & penalties after HT, that has cost them three of four losses(Portsmouth, Ashland, & Gallia).

If they are healthy with FOSSON AND DEERE, they’ll show up. If they overcome the 2nd half mental block, they’ll compete!

They are on their way back to the top in SEO FB. Actually, the OVC is going to be very strong for years to come & whomever has the healthy players that comit year round, will emerge out of their regions & beyond.
Ironton played a strong game with Burg, but at no time in the game did Ironton have a shot. There was no 6 point advantage for Ironton ever. Burg had some new holes to fill on the offensive line and really never found an offensive identity during the contest. I can tell you they have now. This game Ironton has a punchers chance. Again Salyers for Ironton will get you at least once someway, somehow with the bootleg. Carrico will get his as well. The difference in this game is can Ironton's d get off the field. Something they've been struggling with down the stretch.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

I think Ironton has a chance in this one. They need to have more of a running game with multiple backs. Power game of some sorts to keep the defense off the field will help a great deal. Johnstown likes to run the ball to and I believe this will make for a very short game. I have also noticed Ironton special teams have gone backwards in the last few games. This needs cleaned up because in the playoffs this could make or break you.

Go luck Tigers hoping for a injury free game for both teams.

Return to “Football”