Logan's new field house

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Re: Logan's new field house

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Paladin wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:38 pm Google the Spire Institute. You will find a complex that serves Geneva H.S. But it’s main purpose serves as a USOC Olympic training site. It’s also used by numerous athletic leagues, both H.S. And college. Not only an indoor track but also swimming pool, indoor soccer field, etc. Quite nice. Not far from me as it sits near Lake Erie with teams from Cleveland area, Erie,Pa. and Buffalo, NY using it. Year round Olympic athletes train there. Nice outdoor football stadium home to Geneva. Lots of good pics online.

More comparable to what Logan will have is similar to Massillon’s facility. Logan will need to seriously ramp up parking.
The Spire Institute is a beautiful facility and one of the best that I've seen in the midwest.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Chieftain2009 wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:39 am Not sure. I believe they have broken ground, but don't know how construction is coming. I know that they hired Coy Blair to run it though.

Chietain2009
... Coy Blair will be the Coordinator of Operations at the new facility - The Chieftain Center - he has been a great add to the Logan Staff even before he has a "facility" to be housed in ... It's great to have such an accomplished athlete at the high school on a daily basis, one who "roamed" the LHS halls not that long ago himself - he is what Chieftain Athletics is all about with our storied history & coaching in all sports ... Coy KNOWS what it means to be a "Chieftain" - those of us who have been around for as long as I have (37 years at LHS) there IS something to being a "CHIEFTAIN" ... more on that in a later "rant" LOL ... The facility will be amazing, a great addition to the LHS campus and yes drawing card for athletes/families in SouthEastern Ohio who want not only outstanding academics but topnotch sports facilities as well ...

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Is there a timetable for when the Chieftain Center will be completed?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

There was an article during the summer that said December 2018, but it might have meant to be 2019

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

It is projected to open now in Spring of 2019.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Someone asked me today if I knew how far along it was? I looked at the picture of it when finished, and its going to be very nice.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I asked Coy the other day, he said the current projected finish date is April 15th in 2019 ... the date is obviously not written in stone but he said that they wanted to make sure the foundation had cured properly so adding more time to the timetable was done - not taking shortcuts ...

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Smart..….don't want a Walmart floor

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us

Return to “Football”