Fort Frye picks up Nelsonville-York for 2019

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Fort Frye picks up Nelsonville-York for 2019

Post by EasternDspy »

efarns wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:03 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:57 pm
VetteMan wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:42 pm

I've read a lot about the league that you are in, are some of the schools ready to leave your league,and if so is this going to happen pretty soon? I know its not a large league numbers wise. Mayby you don't know, or mayby don't want to say, but do you think that Fort Frye is possibly getting ready to look for another league. I understand if you have no comment.

I’m not sure if Monroe has even left the league as they have not formally announced it. I know for sure Frontier is gone. It looks like Monroe is going to play Caldwell and Shenandoah but not Fort Frye in football. So don’t think they can be in the league and not play Fort Frye. Maybe what the PVC needs to do is just asked Fort Frye to leave. Right now only 3 teams are committed to trying to make it work Fort Frye , Caldwell and Shenandoah. I heard that the league invited Barnesville , Buckeye Trail , West Muskingum and Union Local. I have not heard anything about those teams actually being interested. Fort could leave become an OVAC school. The problem is due to the success in all sports teams do not want to play Fort Frye. Fort Frye needs a league for schedule structure. I think they would listen in the TVC invited them.

TBH I would love a league of

Belpre
Waterford
Caldwell
Shenandoah
Fort Frye
Buckeye Trail

I just never see it happening.
Add in Williamstown, and maybe Parkersburg Catholic?

I don’t think Williamstown is willing to play Fort Frye

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I said awhile back that the TVC should split the Hocking into 2 Div. and add Fort Frye. The Ohio should go after Oak Hill and have an even number of schools in it. Each Div. of the Hocking I think would have 5 schools. Probably won't happen, but would do nothing but make the TVC that much of a stronger conference.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:12 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:57 pm

I’m not sure if Monroe has even left the league as they have not formally announced it. I know for sure Frontier is gone. It looks like Monroe is going to play Caldwell and Shenandoah but not Fort Frye in football. So don’t think they can be in the league and not play Fort Frye. Maybe what the PVC needs to do is just asked Fort Frye to leave. Right now only 3 teams are committed to trying to make it work Fort Frye , Caldwell and Shenandoah. I heard that the league invited Barnesville , Buckeye Trail , West Muskingum and Union Local. I have not heard anything about those teams actually being interested. Fort could leave become an OVAC school. The problem is due to the success in all sports teams do not want to play Fort Frye. Fort Frye needs a league for schedule structure. I think they would listen in the TVC invited them.

TBH I would love a league of

Belpre
Waterford
Caldwell
Shenandoah
Fort Frye
Buckeye Trail

I just never see it happening.

If ft Frye wants to join the TVC then they should reach out to the TVC. If they want in to the TVC then they need to man up and apply to the TVC Ohio.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

The travel is not the best in the Ohio. It’s ok for Football but it sucks for other sports.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:58 pm Any other TVC teams have openings

Week 4,6, 10?
Wellston should drop Portsmouth West in week 4 and pick up FF.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Dundas wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:09 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:58 pm Any other TVC teams have openings

Week 4,6, 10?
Wellston should drop Portsmouth West in week 4 and pick up FF.
It’s actually 4,5,6,10

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Orange and Brown wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:42 pm

If ft Frye wants to join the TVC then they should reach out to the TVC. If they want in to the TVC then they need to man up and apply to the TVC Ohio.
I see what you are saying, that would then make an even number of schools in the Ohio. I keep bringing OH up, as I just don't see them being able to compete year in and year out in the SOC-2. in football, If FF did not apply, OH would fit into the Ohio just as well.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

TVC Ohio has one non conference game each week starting in week 4. Here is a list of how the non conference week goes for the Ohio division.

Week 4 Wellston
Week 5 Nelsonville-York
Week 6 Athens
Week 7 Vinton County
Week 8 Meigs
Week 9 Alexander
Week 10 River Valley

If Fort Frye were to be added to the TVC Ohio, this is exactly what their schedule would look like from weeks 4-10.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

VetteMan wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:20 pm

I see what you are saying, that would then make an even number of schools in the Ohio. I keep bringing OH up, as I just don't see them being able to compete year in and year out in the SOC-2. in football, If FF did not apply, OH would fit into the Ohio just as well.
Same for Oak Hill on the schedule part. I agree with you, I feel they will be looking to move within a few years of playing in the SOC2.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

VetteMan wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:20 pm

I would like to see oak Hill in the Ohio. We have scrimmaged them for a few years and we play them week 5 starting next year.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
bsee12345
Varsity

Post by bsee12345 »

If Fort Frye is looking for games maybe they might want to check out the Mid State League Cardinal Division schools. Harvest Prep is moving to the Ohio Division for football and with Millersport questionable about fielding a team there may be opening in the Cardinal School schedules. The Teams are Berne Union, Fairfield Christian, Lancaster Fisher, Grove City Christian and Worthington Christian.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

I would think FF would be a great fit for the Ohio

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Dundas wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:22 pm TVC Ohio has one non conference game each week starting in week 4. Here is a list of how the non conference week goes for the Ohio division.

Week 4 Wellston
Week 5 Nelsonville-York
Week 6 Athens
Week 7 Vinton County
Week 8 Meigs
Week 9 Alexander
Week 10 River Valley

If Fort Frye were to be added to the TVC Ohio, this is exactly what their schedule would look like from weeks 4-10.
It would add strength to schedule. Come on NY would of made it this year at (5-5) in D6. I think Fort Frye could compete most years.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:17 pm
Dundas wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:22 pm TVC Ohio has one non conference game each week starting in week 4. Here is a list of how the non conference week goes for the Ohio division.

Week 4 Wellston
Week 5 Nelsonville-York
Week 6 Athens
Week 7 Vinton County
Week 8 Meigs
Week 9 Alexander
Week 10 River Valley

It would add strength to schedule. Come on NY would of made it this year at (5-5) in D6. I think Fort Frye could compete most years.

Does Athens really want another D6 team in? Would TVC still allow Fort to play Waterford?

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:18 pm

Week 4 Wellston
Week 5 Nelsonville-York
Week 6 Athens
Week 7 Vinton County
Week 8 Meigs
Week 9 Alexander
Week 10 River Valley

Does Athens really want another D6 team in? Would TVC still allow Fort to play Waterford?
Athens wouldn’t want Fort in. As long as Waterford had a non conference game in the first 3 weeks of the year, they could play Waterford. I’m sure the TVC could move some things around in the Hocking to allow it every year. If the hocking added one more team then they would have a non conference game week 1. So Fort/Waterford could be game 1 every year.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Athens would probably be the only team to not want them in. Which is understandable I think but I think it would be good for the conference overall and everybody would be bigger than Fort with the exception of NY (same size) a lot of playoff points.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:18 pm

Week 4 Wellston
Week 5 Nelsonville-York
Week 6 Athens
Week 7 Vinton County
Week 8 Meigs
Week 9 Alexander
Week 10 River Valley

It's not up to Athens. It's up to all member schools.
You can still play Waterford if you want to. We play Trimble every year.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Does the vote have to be unanimous O&B? If not I think Fort Frye would get in easily if they applied.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

NY BUCK wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:58 pm Does the vote have to be unanimous O&B? If not I think Fort Frye would get in easily if they applied.
They would need 11 votes I believe

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Orange and Brown wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:18 pm
NY BUCK wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:58 pm Does the vote have to be unanimous O&B? If not I think Fort Frye would get in easily if they applied.
They would need 11 votes I believe
12 of the 16 TVC schools would need to vote yes.

Return to “Football”