Joe Burrow- Athens, OSU, LSU, WHO DEY!

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Re: The Joey Burrow Thread (former SEOPS Player of the Year)

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

http://www.djournal.com/sports/national ... 8619d.html
How are LSU players spending bye week before Alabama? Many headed home for a few days

Quarterback Joe Burrow was headed back home to Athens, Ohio, to catch his alma mater Athens High School take on its archrival, Nelsonville York.
“My mind and body needed a break,” Burrow said. “That’ll be great for me.”

By the way, what was your record at Athens against Nelsonville, Joe?
“Four-and-0, baby,” Burrow said with a broad smile.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Joe Burrow will be in attendance at the Athens/Nelsonville-York game

Post by mattash »

Really cool

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

That will fire everybody up....obvious understatement...lol

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

93Bulldog going to interview him?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
sapientia et veritas
Freshman Team

Post by sapientia et veritas »

I heard that phenomenal freshman quarterback Bo Jerrow might be getting his first start for the Bulldogs. Tall kid with natural leadership abilities.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

sapientia et veritas wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:37 pm I heard that phenomenal freshman quarterback Bo Jerrow might be getting his first start for the Bulldogs. Tall kid with natural leadership abilities.
+1

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Each HS graduate should be allowed one (1) more game of eligibility after their senior year lol for the regular season.

Wouldn't it be great to see what game everyone would come back and play in?

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Burrow doing some work at LSU. Every week seems to be a top 25 team. He’s doing very well down there.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

sapientia et veritas wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:37 pm I heard that phenomenal freshman quarterback Bo Jerrow might be getting his first start for the Bulldogs. Tall kid with natural leadership abilities.
His name is also Joe. Keep quiet don't want a certain school by you to recruit him there like 3 other Athens kids :lol:

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

That’s awesome. Someone give him a standing ovation for me

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

Agreed. I've followed LSU more than OSU this year. LSU is a really fun team to watch. Nasty defense. Balanced offense. Offensive line is the walking wounded.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

;) Athens could really use him next week if they sneak into the playoffs but I think some team from Alabama will be on his mind.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I’m surprised Bama hasn’t played one good team yet.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Raider6309 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:05 pm I’m surprised Bama hasn’t played one good team yet.
They will have played one after Saturday night. It will be tough for Joey and LSU, as Bama on defense will really come after him. I'm really pulling for an LSU win, but it will not be easy.

The General
All State

Post by The General »

Raider6309 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:05 pm I’m surprised Bama hasn’t played one good team yet.
IF Texas A&M played ohio's schedule they would be no worse than 7-1 and more than likely unbeaten. On ANY given day they could beat anyone in the big 14. Dont be remiss thinking any differently.If Ole Miss played ohio's schedule they would be no worse than 6-2 and more than likely 7-1.Even with Defensive issues.But we know teams with those.Arky ST and LAF would both beat at least 3 teams ohio has beaten and probably 4.Maybe 5.

Arkansas is a BETTER football team than THE OSU,Rut,Tulane,TCU,Indy,and Minny,and it would NOT be an upset if they played Purdy and beat them.Tennesee would be no worse than 5-3 and probably 6-2against ohio opponents....Who ,besides MAYBE Psu,out of ohio's opponents would beat MIZZU???.....Dont say Purdue :lol:

And THE TIDE....With LSU....MSU....War Eagle...AND...If they survive this?....Maybe a possible rematch with Georgia?....NOBODY EVER in the big 14 plays anywhere near the competitive schedules THE SEC clubs do. NEVER in any year in reality. Doesnt matter what the narrative the media tries to force on fans.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Alabama / LSU. November 3rd, 8:00, I think ABC.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

VetteMan wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:29 am Alabama / LSU. November 3rd, 8:00, I think ABC.
SEC game would be on CBS.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Thank you! My mistake, I should have know that.

The General
All State

Post by The General »

8:00 Saturday Night on CBS from Death Valley. 2 of the best Brad Nessler and Gary Danielson will be on the call. Grown-ass Men football in THE SEC...Both teams have probably a minimum of 8 young men apiece playing Defense for them who will play in the NFL,including the nation's top interior lineman in THE TIDE's Quinnen Williams. Also the 2 Best Safeties in College football in Deionte Thompson of Alabama and Grant Delpit of LSU...2 of the top Corners also in Alabama newcomer Patrick Surtain and Greedy Williams for LSU..Top Notch LBs for both squads and fast,even though Devin White for LSU will sit the 1st half and 1 of the best OLBs in college football has missed the year in Terrell Lewis of THE TIDE..

Offensively LSU will be as healthy as they have been all year up front. THE TIDE has an Excellent O-Line with way over 100 career starts and the Top tandem at tackle that you will see in Jonah Williams and Jedrick Wills.Brosette and Helaire are competent backs for LSU...The TIDE's are Outstanding!... Jefferson,Sullivan,Anderson,Chase,and Moreau are talented receivers for Joe to throw to...Big and rangy..But drop a lot of balls and Joe is somewhat inaccurate at times....Irv Smith,Jerry Jeudy,Henry Ruggs,Jaylen Waddle,and,if he can go,Devonta Smith are ELITE...I mean REALLY ELITE...So are Damien Harris and Josh Jacobs out of the backfield..

LSU has big advantages in the kicking game. One of the QBs is a Once in a Generation type talent. The other one looks like he is 13 but is tougher than a corncob and a GREAT Leader!!..One is a Tremendous runner but his team has not allowed him to run much Qb run game. The other one is not a great runner but willing and tough and will read down a BSE,FSE,FSLB as good as most and check them into the right play....Going to be a fist fight in THE SEC.......

1coldplayer
Waterboy

Post by 1coldplayer »

The General wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:30 am
IF Texas A&M played ohio's schedule they would be no worse than 7-1 and more than likely unbeaten. On ANY given day they could beat anyone in the big 14. Dont be remiss thinking any differently.If Ole Miss played ohio's schedule they would be no worse than 6-2 and more than likely 7-1.Even with Defensive issues.But we know teams with those.Arky ST and LAF would both beat at least 3 teams ohio has beaten and probably 4.Maybe 5.

Arkansas is a BETTER football team than THE OSU,Rut,Tulane,TCU,Indy,and Minny,and it would NOT be an upset if they played Purdy and beat them.Tennesee would be no worse than 5-3 and probably 6-2against ohio opponents....Who ,besides MAYBE Psu,out of ohio's opponents would beat MIZZU???.....Dont say Purdue :lol:

And THE TIDE....With LSU....MSU....War Eagle...AND...If they survive this?....Maybe a possible rematch with Georgia?....NOBODY EVER in the big 14 plays anywhere near the competitive schedules THE SEC clubs do. NEVER in any year in reality. Doesnt matter what the narrative the media tries to force on fans.
I stopped reading and started laughing after...Arkansas is a BETTER team than The OSU..

Bwhahaha

You can’t be serious..

Return to “Football”